Russia gets Crimea

Page 64 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
You would be thinking wrong. This problem can be traced back to US policy and NATO. America lied and now people must die. Don't take my word for it....
Since then, the onward march of NATO eastward has continued unabashed with the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Albania, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia all joining the Washington-led military coalition.
So let me get this straight. The US tells Russia it won't try to expand NATO, something which is not done militarily, but through the complicit, volunteer action of sovereign states. US backs out in this and decides to try and get into bed with more people anyway. Russia throws a fit and invades Ukraine and this is NATO's fault?

I promise Bob I won't talk to his girlfriend because he's jealous that I get a lot of tail and doesn't want me to have a go with her. However, forget it, one day I start talking to her anyway and she talks back. Turns out we're getting on fairly well. This pisses Bob off so he smacks her around. He even cuts her hand off as punishment to me and she's suffered permanent damage. Are you saying I'm more at fault than Bob?

rpsgc

Sep 22, 2004
So let me get this straight. The US tells Russia it won't try to expand NATO, something which is not done militarily, but through the complicit, volunteer action of sovereign states. US backs out in this and decides to try and get into bed with more people anyway. Russia throws a fit and invades Ukraine and this is NATO's fault?

I promise Bob I won't talk to his girlfriend because he's jealous that I get a lot of tail and doesn't want me to have a go with her. However, forget it, one day I start talking to her anyway and she talks back. Turns out we're getting on fairly well. This pisses Bob off so he smacks her around. He even cuts her hand off as punishment to me and she's suffered permanent damage. Are you saying I'm more at fault than Bob?

Bob is stronk. It is never Bob's fault. You are an imperialistic fascist tail chaser, you've built an entire industry out of tail chasing, you are to blame, always, obviously.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Don't you get it? Russia has a long history of invading its neighbors. Because its neighbors are tired of being invaded, they tried to enter into agreements to protect them from that.

Because this made Russia sad and angry it should be clear that the people at fault here are those who are trying to stop invasions, not the people conducting them.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010

Although Bob is more at fault, you were dumb because Bob's girlfriend is not hot, is missing 3 teeth, and has syphilis:

http://www.multpl.com/ukraine-real-gdp

You do NOT want to shack up with dysfunctional girls like her, who come begging for protection later on. No. Go away Ukraine.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
You would be thinking wrong. This problem can be traced back to US policy and NATO. America lied and now people must die. Don't take my word for it....
-snip-

So we're supposed to take Russia's word?

Sputnik is an international multimedia news service launched on 10 November 2014 by the Russian Federation owned and operated agency, Rossiya segodnya. Sputnik replaces the RIA Novosti news agency and the Voice of Russia international radio broadcaster.

Fern

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
Sputnik is an international multimedia news service launched on 10 November 2014 by the Russian Federation owned and operated agency, Rossiya segodnya. Sputnik replaces the RIA Novosti news agency and the Voice of Russia international radio broadcaster.
Sounds like an excellent source of impartial news!

rpsgc

Sep 22, 2004
Sputnik is very impartial. If it were more impartial it would be complete.

(get it? no? :( )