Russia cuts gas supply to Europe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: brandonbull
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
Originally posted by: brandonbull
Ha ha. I guess all your little 1 cylinder toy cars can't help you out of this one.

Lol! And they're the one's always complaining about us consumerist Americans. Whole lot of good their green, anti-war policies do them! We've got all the oil we need.

EU-- take a hint-- go get some oil from Iraq or something. Only people with balls get oil.

We also have plenty of non gasoline gas.

Glad to see you got the joke. If Atheus didn't have his helmet strapped on so tight, he might have gotten it as well.

Really? Really? Diesel comes from the same pipes...or you mean ethanol? Right that's economically feasible.
What is non-gasoline gas anyways?

I guess they could run it on the collective hot air expelled by all the liberal europeans. :)

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: badnewcastle
Another example Putin showing his hand...

WTF I thought EU was all green... you mean they have to rely on fossil fuels like the US?

Oh my god... You are such a little BITCH!

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: gevorg
Ukraine did it again!! Another year of heavily subsidized gas, though a bit higher than 2008. Who said stealing is wrong? :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7839053.stm

Well, 20% is not that much compared to the discounts Ukraine is used to getting. It was paying $170 when Europe was paying over $400. Plus it is locked into low transit rates till 2010. Ukrainian economy is a total clusterfvck. They are pretty much dependent on stealing Russian gas to make their inefficient (chemical, steel, etc) industries competitive at all, and for reselling the stolen gas to Europeans to make cash to support the ruling elites. Plus politically they are more ungovernable than California. Russian economy is going to take a big hit from the low natural resource prices, but Ukraine is going to be decimated.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: gevorg
Ukraine did it again!! Another year of heavily subsidized gas, though a bit higher than 2008. Who said stealing is wrong? :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7839053.stm

Well, 20% is not that much compared to the discounts Ukraine is used to getting. It was paying $170 when Europe was paying over $400. Plus it is locked into low transit rates till 2010. Ukrainian economy is a total clusterfvck. They are pretty much dependent on stealing Russian gas to make their inefficient (chemical, steel, etc) industries competitive at all, and for reselling the stolen gas to Europeans to make cash to support the ruling elites. Plus politically they are more ungovernable than California. Russian economy is going to take a big hit from the low natural resource prices, but Ukraine is going to be decimated.

But they got a hot Prime Minister.

Trianon

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2000
www.conkurent.com
Just got back from there, country's elite is definitely in their own macrocosmos and is now universally hated by middle class and well-to-do people as well, not to mention proletariat:)
I doubt Yuschenko without security would survive longer on the streets of Kiev, than GWB on the streets of Baghdad. Such a dramatic change public attitude in just 4 years, it's mindboggling.