Rush Limbaugh Vows to go to Costa Rica for care if Health care bill passes!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RedChief

Dec 20, 2004
So Limbaugh will do in 5 years what a Canadian province premier does now. IE leave their own country (with its state run HC) to get better care in a foreign country.

MemoryInAGarden

Oct 26, 2003
Listening to the clip in context, the caller is asking him where he would go for Healthcare if this bill passes.. Rush said nothing about MOVING there. But of course everyone will take it out of context.

This. The MSM takes a sliver of a segment or call on some topic, runs with it, and twists it into something ridiculous or cruel when it was never intended to be taken that way at all.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
"This. The MSM takes a sliver of a segment or call on some topic, runs with it, and twists it into something ridiculous or cruel when it was never intended to be taken that way at all."

See the thread about Obama banning fishing - and then come talk to me about the MSM media and their liberal agenda...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
So Limbaugh will do in 5 years what a Canadian province premier does now. IE leave their own country (with its state run HC) to get better care in a foreign country.
You can get the best Medical Care here in the US if you can afford it.

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
I really dont understand how people want universal health care. Thats just more taxes going out to subsidize people who dont work, or dont work hard enough. Poverty isnt something that happens without your own help.

And it appears Rush was just joking and making a point that he would be dissapointed. Im sure no one hear ever exaggerates.

Ignorance is bliss

I guess thats the difference between a republican view and a democratic view. One believes in working hard to get ahead and the other believes in getting a free ride and calling it equality.

My sister worked for the govt through an outsource program where she needed to take typed/paper documents and store them on the computer. This company was given x amount of documents to complete in a years time. She finished her part in less than 3 months and got yelled at by the boss for doing it too quickly. The govt paid company spent most of the time surfing on the internet and playing games while bringing home a decent paycheck. So I tend not to think a bloated govt wont also turn universal healthcare into something that isnt bloated and utterly useless.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, that's it exactly :(

Thinking that everyone less fortunate than you just doesn't "work hard enough" is ignorance at its finest. So much for compassionate conservatism ...

Republican is latin for "fuck you, I've already got mine".

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Republican is latin for "fuck you, I've already got mine".
You're going to be stuck in a rut for the rest of your life with that attitude. You can wait for the government cheese to fall in your lap or you can get up and make it happen on your own.

Our country, as it still stands today, allows you a myriad of opportunities that many in this world will never get. People still choose to emigrate to this country because of the opportunities available here. Step into most any party store or gas station to get an up close and personal look at someone who came here to take advantage of them. He or she didn't sit around bellyaching about what every one else has.

By all means keep laying blame for whatever you want on "the man".

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Our country, as it still stands today, allows you a myriad of opportunities that many in this world will never get. People still choose to emigrate to this country because of the opportunities available here. Step into most any party store or gas station to get an up close and personal look at someone who came here to take advantage of them. He or she didn't sit around bellyaching about what every one else has.

Don't forget to ask them which party they affiliate with. or which candidate they vote for.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
You're going to be stuck in a rut for the rest of your life with that attitude. You can wait for the government cheese to fall in your lap or you can get up and make it happen on your own.

What's funny is that you know nothing about my circumstances and automatically jump to the conclusion that I fall into one side of that statement and not the other. FYI, you're completely wrong.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
What's funny is that you know nothing about my circumstances and automatically jump to the conclusion that I fall into one side of that statement and not the other. FYI, you're completely wrong.
Well feel free to explain further. Please do it in the context of "Republican is latin for fuck you, I've already got mine".

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
That would be the best thing that could happen to America. After the healthcare passing of course. :)

+1 If he left, he'd also be cleaning pollution from the local environment and reducing the number of druggies on the streets. It would be nice if we could convince him to leave immediately, rather than waiting. I'd hate to give his drug addled brain the time to forget his promise.

Rush Limbaugh is a turd in the punchbowl of life. :thumbsdown:

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
What part of "5 years from now and all these things get implemented" do people not understand.

Come back in 5 years and IF ALL of these things are implemented than you can start slamming Rush.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
What part of "5 years from now and all these things get implemented" do people not understand.

Come back in 5 years and IF ALL of these things are implemented than you can start slamming Rush.

Hell in 5yrs rush will enjoying unlimited oxy contin and 72 virgins in the afterlife:)

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well congratulations Rush Limbaugh, your promise to leave the country finally gave our congress the final extra compelling reason to pass health care reform and end the gridlock.

Go ahead, Rush, stand up and take the credit for passing health care reform.

Now that its signed into law Rush, don't go away mad, just go away.