Rush Limbaugh on the air gaslighting using homophobia

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So the new PMOF winner is on the air dividing the country again. Beating the idea into the mush minds of his listeners.

Trump: Mr. Man, Mr. Man, Mr. Man, Mr. Man, Mr. Man, Mr. Man. Mr. Man, Mr. Man

Mayor Pate: gay guy, gay guy, gay guy, gay guy, gay guy, gay guy

The hate never ends with conservatives.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
:neutral:

Not sure if serious dammit!
Since Trump the number of things that I assumed must be satire because they're just so insane and stupid but have turned out to be serious, is remarkable. I genuinely didn't realize just how stupid human beings were capable of being until I met Trump supporters. I no longer can assume someone is being satirical. It's a terrible guessing game. The Onion must hate this world as it's hard for them to top the actual news.

Also, on the subject of the OP. Yeah, that sounds like something a man who just received the President Medal of Freedom should say.
Anyone wanna plan a late summer field trip with me to urinate on his grave?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So the new PMOF winner is on the air dividing the country again. Beating the idea into the mush minds of his listeners.

Trump: Mr. Man, Mr. Man, Mr. Man, Mr. Man, Mr. Man, Mr. Man. Mr. Man, Mr. Man

Mayor Pate: gay guy, gay guy, gay guy, gay guy, gay guy, gay guy

The hate never ends with conservatives.

May I present to you, the latest Medal of Freedumb recipient.

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
I'm not a Rush Limbaugh fan, but after reading the article I have no idea what you guys are making a fuss over. The quotes in the story aren't a condemnation of Buttigieg's sexuality, they're a claim that if Buttigieg shows PDAs with his husband in the general that it will hurt his electability. Which certainly may be the case given the predilections of some minority demographics that usually lean Democrat.

But even if there were something there, that hardly excuses you guys from celebrating a cancer diagnosis.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm not a Rush Limbaugh fan, but after reading the article I have no idea what you guys are making a fuss over. The quotes in the story aren't a condemnation of Buttigieg's sexuality, they're a claim that if Buttigieg shows PDAs with his husband in the general that it will hurt his electability. Which certainly may be the case given the predilections of some minority demographics that usually lean Democrat.

But even if there were something there, that hardly excuses you guys from celebrating a cancer diagnosis.
I suggest you look up the word gaslighting. It's the same method the Bush administration used to sell the Iraq War. Kept using over over and over again 9/11 and Iraq in the same sentence. People eventually got the idea in their heads Iraq was responsible for 9/11. Trump uses this same method. Repeat over and over eventually some people will start to believe anything. At least the weak minded and sycophants

Why do you think he used the phrase "gay guy" so many times.

My opinion on Limbaugh he has been such a cancer on this country why should anyone give a shit about him? Especially if you are black which I am. Have you seen his most racist list?

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
In my experience, 90% of the time people use the phrase "gas lighting" they're talking out of their ass, but it does happen. I'm not sure why you would claim he is gas-lighting you here though. Besides being nearly impossible to prove, it's you guys who think that large portions of the country are backwards, and that racism homophobia and bigotry are still monumental problems. Seems like if anything you should be agreeing with Rush here. Otherwise how do you reconcile such an apparent contradiction?

Now, I'm sure a conservative radio personality who has been around since the dinosaurs roamed the earth has said plenty of offensive things. That still doesn't mean you celebrate a cancer diagnosis. This is the prototypical case of listening to the advice your mother gave (or at least should have given) you. "If you can't say anything nice, keep your fool mouth shut."

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
In my experience, 90% of the time people use the phrase "gas lighting" they're talking out of their ass, but it does happen. I'm not sure why you would claim he is gas-lighting you here though. Besides being nearly impossible to prove, it's you guys who think that large portions of the country are backwards, and that racism homophobia and bigotry are still monumental problems. Seems like if anything you should be agreeing with Rush here. Otherwise how do you reconcile such an apparent contradiction?

Now, I'm sure a conservative radio personality who has been around since the dinosaurs roamed the earth has said plenty of offensive things. That still doesn't mean you celebrate a cancer diagnosis. This is the prototypical case of listening to the advice your mother gave (or at least should have given) you. "If you can't say anything nice, keep your fool mouth shut."

Fuck 'em. Cancer doesn't play favorites. His time is up. Deal with it.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

It's the same cowardly tactic that Trump uses: "People are saying"

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Are you really that gullible?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Gaslighting is not a single instance of something. It's a long game. Peruse this link and ponder what possibly could lead people to accuse rush of gaslighting. You're looking at his single (repeated) statement in a bubble.

I'm not sure how you could watch the conservatives since '08 morph into the party of trump and claim that homophobia, racism, and bigotry are not still big problems with certain demographics. Sure, those demographics are technically a minority of the population, but thanks for gerrymandering and the EC, that minority gets to set policy for everyone.

I mean, you considered this statement before posting it, correct? Why would heathen Democrats live up to standards projected onto them by people who can't live up to them?

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
Gaslighting is not a single instance of something. It's a long game. Peruse this link and ponder what possibly could lead people to accuse rush of gaslighting. You're looking at his single (repeated) statement in a bubble.

I'm not sure how you could watch the conservatives since '08 morph into the party of trump and claim that homophobia, racism, and bigotry are not still big problems with certain demographics. Sure, those demographics are technically a minority of the population, but thanks for gerrymandering and the EC, that minority gets to set policy for everyone.

Great double-think on display here!