Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Cmon guys, we all need to be polite and respectful while the media figure who said for decades that the health risks of smoking and 2nd-hand smoke were a liberal conspiracy to steal the freedoms of Real Americans... dies of lung cancer from smoking.

I hope they play Crowded House's Don't Dream it's Over at his funeral. I think that would be appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba and TheVrolok

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Oh, so this forum embraces freedom of speech and has no rules about insults? You lefties can certainly confuse easily when your emotions get the way of rational thought.

please let me know when anandtech becomes the state and/or federal government.

free_speech.png

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oh, so this forum embraces freedom of speech and has no rules about insults? You lefties can certainly confuse easily when your emotions get the way of rational thought.
Rational thought says you should be consistent when you're lecturing others about being tolerant of speech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Why would I deny that? I was addressing a specific post that said righties on this forum are hypocrites because we would do exactly what the lefties are doing when a lefty hero gets sick or kicks. Don't be dishonest and put words in my mouth I never uttered. How about you just man up and shut up?
So now we're supposed to be tolerant of speech by shutting up?

Lol.. I'd say your emotion is coming through loud and clear.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
So now we're supposed to be tolerant of speech by shutting up?

Lol.. I'd say your emotion is coming through loud and clear.
I suggested that you shut up instead of being dishonest. That said, sure seems like you'd rather just be dishonest, so there you go.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Rational thought says you should be consistent when you're lecturing others about being tolerant of speech.
No, I don't think so. I lectured someone on the constitution of our fine country and the rules of this forum. Just stating facts. But you emotional outrage warriors don't seem to be capable of differentiating between 1 or the other.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Are they media figures with millions of followers? Calling on people to be punished or even jailed for their speech and opinions?

Keep trying, but there is no analogue to Limbaugh or Alex Jones on the left. There just isn't.

lulx ok man. Whatever you say.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
No, I don't think so. I lectured someone on the constitution of our fine country and the rules of this forum. Just stating facts. But you emotional outrage warriors don't seem to be capable of differentiating between 1 or the other.

You know it just makes you look silly to call me an "emotional outrage warrior" while your posts clearly indicate you're pounding the keyboard while bursting a blood vessel.

I know that conservatives like to claim to be the rational, unemotional ones, but their devotion to dispensers of emotional outrage, like Rush, Fox news, and yes, even Trump, all loudmouths with loud opinions about how incredibly angry they are at everyone who isn't them, disprove that vanity of rationality.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
You know it just makes you look silly to call me an "emotional outrage warrior" while your posts clearly indicate you're pounding the keyboard while bursting a blood vessel.

I know that conservatives like to claim to be the rational, unemotional ones, but their devotion to dispensers of emotional outrage, like Rush, Fox news, and yes, even Trump, all loudmouths with loud opinions about how incredibly angry they are at everyone who isn't them, disprove that vanity of rationality.
Hah, so now it's I know you are but what am I? You are good for a laugh for sure.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Did the economy crash as the media and folks on this very board as I've shown, crash if Trump were elected?

Nope.
They weren't as wrong as you're trying to make them out to be. If Trump had actually kept his 2016 campaign promises with regards to the economy -- higher interest rates, drastic pay down on the debt, isolationist trade policy, etc -- there likely would have been a crash. But instead he just fell back on good ol tax cuts and deficit spending.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Hah, so now it's I know you are but what am I? You are good for a laugh for sure.
My 2nd paragraph still proves my point. If conservatives are so unemotional, why do they need emotional outrage drug dealers like Limbaugh?

It must be another liberal conspiracy..

Last edited:

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
My 2nd paragraph still proves my point. If conservatives are so unemotional, why do they need emotional outrage drug dealers like Limbaugh? It must another liberal conspiracy..
"Liberal conspiracy" -- Statutes describe the width and breadth of conspiracy as a crime, in the furtherance of other crimes. It is possible to distinguish between a criminal or legal conspiracy, and a moral one. But the rule about the stability of cartels applies to conspiracies. The more people involved, the more likely one of them will expose a criminal conspiracy. If you're still talking about a hypothetical conspiracy after enough time has elapsed so that it might otherwise be exposed, you need counseling.

That's why the Trumpers appear to be in some outer orbit. After all, six or more media conglomerates, several dozen newspapers and other "media sources" are all in it together. ALL the journalists and ALL the media are conspiring to unseat the lawfully elected president who captured the White House with Russian assistance. On the other hand, there's this lingering matter of "collusion" --- "There was no collusion" gives way to "there was no quid pro quo." A POSSIBLE reason collusion was never proven: all the witnesses are employees of the Russian GRU or Putin's entourage, are out of range for subpoenas, or have reason to withhold testimony anyway. It's like Denzel's line in "Training Day" -- "It isn't what you know [or even suspect] -- it's what you can PROVE . . . "

So the entire human race is in conspiracy against Trump and his minions . . .

I suppose everyone here is depositing their pink sympathy card of poison for Limbaugh. I'm inclined to add mine. The descent into incivility took one of its greater leaps with Limbaugh's brand of radio "journalism". And --- we're all gonna die. We'll all get lung cancer, have a heart attack, get cancer of the liver or the colon or the pancreas; forget our names and what day or hour it is, go into a vegetative state to the point we can't control our bowels or our bladder.

Life is a bitch, because death is a bitch. Or maybe the living are those who feel the pain of death, and death is a release.

But Limbaugh ain't dead yet. He's not "being released" yet. Long is the road and hard is the way, even after being dropped off at the doorstep of Cancer Institute of America,. Ya know why? Who was it -- Steely Dan? No -- Billy Joel . . . "Only the Good Die Young."

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Can you provide examples of this hypocrisy of righties mocking lefty hero demise/suffering here on this forum? Surely there must be something right at your fingertips. You said it, therefore true, eh?
Can you provide examples of an equivalent media personality to Rush Limbaugh or Alex Jones on the left that peddle in conspiracy theories, fear, hate, and outright lies?

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Did you think perhaps that nobody needs a lecture by you of all people??

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Hitler isn't the point, but used as an example of what can and will happen when a tolerant society tolerates the promotion of intolerant ideas and speech.

Germany was a very tolerant society. Hitler's intolerant ideology was allowed, placated, and even entertained and ended up destroying ALL tolerance in Germany.

INTOLERANCE is the point, not an individual man. And you missed it, as you always do.

Intolerant ideology and speech cannot be tolerated in a tolerant society because intolerance leads to the loss of tolerance.

That loud sound you heard was the point flying right over your head.
That was a well thought out and very informative post! Very truthful with a lot of facts!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It does have rules about insults, but quite few people don`t report insults because their feelings are not hurt!
But not every form of insult is reportable! Of course you would know that since you have a PHD in the forum rules!
Do you wear a cape by any chance?
If I may point out.......it is odd for a random person to enter a thread and read every post and report every post that they believe to be egregious!
I look forward to your next appearance! Peace!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So Rush did this as a poster on this forum? Because....well maybe you'll figure it out.
doesn`t matter that Rush did not do this on these forums! Rush did it and you cannot factaully deny it! Maybe you will figure out why it matters.