Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Generally, people in positions of power and privilege don't need to 'hate'. Why would they, when others lack any power to harm them? They can afford the luxury of benignancy.

What's odd about US politics though is just how much hatred there actually is directed from the powerful to the less powerful.

Reactions: HurleyBird

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
But those trousers in the last one are real???
Actually yes.
I grew up without internet so me and any friends I happened to have were always digging for playboy and penthouse. we found lots.
ANYWAY:
The ads in those 70's editions literally pushed cigarettes as being female empowering, and yes they started showing gals in jeans when the Womens Lib thing started up.
They were as shameless and pandering in the 70's as they are today. No joke.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Also you will notice in most cigarette ads they dont even show women smoking. Some of them dont even show women holding a cigarette.

FUCK! Some of them dont even show cigarettes! Just the fuckin brand name.

They know damn well its a dirty, ugly habit and they're tryin not to draw attention to it.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Reading this thread all I can say is Wow. I'm glad I don't have the hate in me like many of you do. Some of you guys are really in sad shape mentally.

:oops:
You are aware that he was a hateful divisive liar right? He profiteered off lying to people in order to create loyal uniformed audience. Had you never listened to his show? Should people pretend he was not a horrible person just because he died? Your logic seem illogical.

Oh wait, you weren't a ditto head were you?

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Seems a couple big assed racists died yesterday

"
TAMPA, Fla. -- A man who bragged of tricking local Florida officials into letting him fly a massive Confederate flag at the corners of two busy interstates has died, authorities said.

Police said officers found 73-year-old Marion Lambert dead on his small farm in Tampa on Wednesday. WFLA first reported the news. Officials said foul play is not suspected...

...Lambert and others raised $250,000 in donations and labor to erect granite slabs engraved with soldiers’ names. In 2008, he unfurled a 30-by-50-foot (9-by-15-meter) flag — at the time it was the biggest Confederate flag in the nation — much to the disgust of many.

Confederate symbols have come under increased scrutiny in recent years as critics argue they symbolize racism, slavery and division.

But Lambert was unrepentant about the flag.

“Am I sorry I put up the flag where I put it up? Not at all," he said in 2017. "I enjoyed waking up the mind of the public.”

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Dude was a horrible, horrible person. Left this world worse than when he entered it by his own hand. A real shame filth like him was able to pervert so many for so long. Good riddance.

Reactions: BD:)

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Dude was a horrible, horrible person. Left this world worse than when he entered it by his own hand. A real shame filth like him was able to pervert so many for so long. Good riddance.
Better watch it. Keep talking like that and our Politically Correct Geek will give you the stink eye. Evidently righties don't allow negative talk about people after they are dead.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
Am I supposed to care what you choose to believe.

I don't even hate you. Odd as that is.

BUT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!

He has a political opinion that doesn't 100% align with you. That means they are EVIL and BAD PEOPLE that deserve suffering and death.

But, yeah, conservatives are the ones with mental issues that are divisive lol.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
BUT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!

He has a political opinion that doesn't 100% align with you. That means they are EVIL and BAD PEOPLE that deserve suffering and death.

Good job you stupid twat! You’ve pointed out an argument no one has made!

Please make another post, we’ve been really light lately on dumb ass posts.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
BUT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!

Mitt Romney has a different political opinion then a lot of us. I'd be willing to bet there wouldn't be the at best indifference towards his death.

You make a habit of siding with scumbags. Did you family back in the day defend the likes of Bull Connor and George Wallace in the same way? After all they just had different political opinions.

Remember those assholes from Charlottesville? I'm happy some of them lost their jobs even though they only had "different political opinions". I guess that makes me the bad guy? So be it.

Last edited:
Reactions: zinfamous

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Mitt Romney has a different political opinion then a lot of us. I'd be willing to bet there wouldn't be the at best indifference towards his death.

You make a habit of siding with scumbags. Did you family back in the day defend the likes of Bull Connor and George Wallace in the same way? After all they just had different political opinions.

The stupid fuck is using the, “the real bigots are those who hate bigots” argument.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
BUT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!

Lol, this guy.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What little German I know I learned from 1970's children's comics (particularly the sub-genre that was fixated on WW2). So when I eventually visited Germany I realised the only German I knew was "Achtung, Spitfeur", "Ober-Gruppenfuhrer" "Flammenwaffer" "hande hoch" and "Raus! Raus!".

Most of mine originally came from Castle Wolfenstein, the original 2D version in the 80's. "Achtung! Schweinhund!"

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You are aware that he was a hatful divisive liar right? He profiteered off lying to people in order to create loyal uniformed audience. Had you never listened to his show? Should people pretend he was not a horrible person just because he died? Your logic seem illogical.

Oh wait, you weren't a ditto head were you?

I didn't even know what a ditto head was untill I looked it up. No I am not a "ditto head". I do know where there are a lot of them however.

Hint: In the P&N Forum.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I didn't even know what a ditto head was untill I looked it up. No I am not a "ditto head". I do know where there are a lot of them however.

Hint: In the P&N Forum.
So you are commenting in a thread about a guy you know nothing about? Why would you do that?

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So you are commenting in a thread about a guy you know nothing about? Why would you do that?

I didn't comment about Rush. I commented about all the hate filled people spewing venom in this thread and how sad they must be to carry that hate every day. And it's not just against Rush, it's anyone that disagrees with them.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z