Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Hannity already has his own radio show. He seriously spreads his shit basically all day long.
Yeah, but the contract Rush had with iHeartRadio is insane. Every single one of the 1000s of affiliates that air his show pay a separate residual for the right to broadcast it for every episode I think--no other show has that arrangement. The contract was with EIB I believe, so may still be valid after Rush's death.

As much as I hated the guy and what he stood for, he knew how to get paid. His greatest trick, though, was convincing his audience that they needed to pay for a separate subscription in order to get his episodes on demand digitally. He was practically the first premium podcaster.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Years ago a neighbor was working outside, and had this ass's radio show on full blast. Though line of site, their house is probably 150 yards away. We were trying to sit on the deck and enjoy the day.

When there was a lull in this buffoons rantings, I screamed at him to "shut that fucking thing off".... and he did. He never mentioned it, nor did it again.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Years ago a neighbor was working outside, and had this ass's radio show on full blast. Though line of site, their house is probably 150 yards away. We were trying to sit on the deck and enjoy the day.

When there was a lull in this buffoons rantings, I screamed at him to "shut that fucking thing off".... and he did. He never mentioned it, nor did it again.
When I worked at a defense contractor all the old salts that worked there listened to his shit every day. They would say things like ‘oh I just listen to it because I think he’s funny’ or whatever. My ass, haha.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I think he was one of the first to realize that a lot of people, of a certain political persuasion, are really stupid and gullible and can easily be exploited to make money off of. I mean, have you ever listened to this guy? He was worse than a church preacher. They take one sound bite (or bible verse) and talk about it for an hour.

There are a lot of them now days.

Reactions: ivwshane

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
When I worked at a defense contractor all the old salts that worked there listened to his shit every day. They would say things like ‘oh I just listen to it because I think he’s funny’ or whatever. My ass, haha.
That's like saying you're listening to Hitler speeches because you're trying to learn German. It's bullshit and in both instances you're a bigoted asshole.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Wow, G.W. Bush could only wish he gets the coverage that Rush is getting over his death on Fox.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've seen far too many good people die way too young from cancer. Rush deserved far more pain and misery. Seriously: fuck that human stain and may he rot in hell. Fuck him hard. The prick did nothing in life but generate misery and bilk millions from the morons that suckled from his toxic teat. He was cancer personified. The only regret here is that this fetid garbage didn't die 50 years ago.

Fuck him to hell.

Reactions: hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Reading this thread all I can say is Wow. I'm glad I don't have the hate in me like many of you do. Some of you guys are really in sad shape mentally.

:oops:

One of the better scenarios when the wrongdoer dies, is when they repent, and attempt to repair whatever measure they can of the hate, division and harm they’ve caused. This type of deathbed apology never happened. When they die, this is no longer possible. No attempt was made undo the damage he did and the generation of political operators he influenced/brainwashed in his brand of hate, division, malicious dirty-trickery and unrelenting manipulation of public opinion.

Sorry ... but in the meantime while we all sat around waiting for this deathbed conversion that never was going to happen, he continued to make the world a worse place up until last last moments of his life. Only he can change that, and the only way it would happen is with his death. That’s not my fault, it’s his.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Am I supposed to care what you choose to believe.

I don't even hate you. Odd as that is.
It's not hate, its accountability. He was by any measure a pretty horrible person. Pointing that out isn't hateful, just factual. I can see how that would make you uncomfortable, but we learned long ago your mirror is broken.

Reactions: hal2kilo and pmv

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Old ad marketing campaigns sure are fascinating
1956-Philip-Morris-Ad-Born-Gentle_1-1.jpg

thenandnow8l.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
That's like saying you're listening to Hitler speeches because you're trying to learn German. It's bullshit and in both instances you're a bigoted asshole.

What little German I know I learned from 1970's children's comics (particularly the sub-genre that was fixated on WW2). So when I eventually visited Germany I realised the only German I knew was "Achtung, Spitfeur", "Ober-Gruppenfuhrer" "Flammenwaffer" "hande hoch" and "Raus! Raus!".

• Haha
Reactions: uclaLabrat