Rush is getting a presidential medal of freedom

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It's like the ultimate participation award. The Nobel Peace Prize has fallen into the same category.

I'll agree but doing evil is not a generally accepted reason for either. In the case of Rush that doesn't hold.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
This has the effect of tarnishing the Presidentiall Medal of Freedom...

perhaps to such a degree that non-delusional/non-oblivious citizens will just react with a shrug and a meh when future recipients are named.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I'll agree but doing evil is not a generally accepted reason for either. In the case of Rush that doesn't hold.
Proclaiming that something you don't like is evil doesn't make it so. Using that false proclamation as justification for taking joy in him having cancer is subhuman.
I remain unimpressed by either award as they've become tactical weapons in political warfare. Any meaning they might have once held has become tainted by political bias.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Proclaiming that something you don't like is evil doesn't make it so. Using that false proclamation as justification for taking joy in him having cancer is subhuman.
I remain unimpressed by either award as they've become tactical weapons in political warfare. Any meaning they might have once held has become tainted by political bias.
I was literally shocked when I saw it on the news... and disgusted, utterly. The gesture itself was ridiculous and repugnant and to see T's current wife bestowing it nailed down the sense of absurdity.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I was in a car dealership yesterday, and in the lounge I saw some elderly ladies talking while they waited. As I walked by, I could tell they were talking about Rush, then I hear one proclaim 'Did you hear about his medal? We should send him a box of congratulatory cigars.' *smile*

They saw me smile and try to keep a straight face, started making disclaimers. I was like 'No, no, that's alright. Not really any different than me wanting to gift Trump buckets and buckets of KFC.'

Reactions: RamIt and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I was in a car dealership yesterday, and in the lounge I saw some elderly ladies talking while they waited. As I walked by, I could tell they were talking about Rush, then I hear one proclaim 'Did you hear about his medal? We should send him a box of congratulatory cigars.' *smile*

They saw me smile and try to keep a straight face, started making disclaimers. I was like 'No, no, that's alright. Not really any different than me wanting to gift Trump buckets and buckets of KFC.'
GHWBush was sent a truckload (semi?) of broccoli when he publicly (while POTUS) proclaimed "I'm the POTUS and there will be no broccoli on Air Force One." Please send those buckets of KFC to the White House or Maralago. That would be great "street theater" in this time. We need a shit-ton of street theater nowadays.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Evil congratulating evil. I need to update my "Why Trump is evil thread"

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

I understand that people agree with "get that bone out of your nose and call me back". It's really no big deal. Perhaps over the top racism (unless one is a white supremacist) is not "evil", nor willful statements to be decisive while patently a lie. If those aren't evil they ought to be disqualifying unless one thinks they are prudent and proper.

So what has Rush done that merits your disregard for his "not evil" demonstrable spreading of hate under false pretenses?

Is this good? “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

How about this one- “Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.”

Just one more “You’re a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out.”

Selling hatred for financial compensation is evil, not a random comment but a spending decades to help achieve the political divisions, supremacist thinking he's engineered. Yet this is not evil.

Well, if you say so.

Now what has Obama done to merit his peace prize? I say nothing really. Just how much hatred, division and discontent did he have to commit to in order to get his award? Nothing at all.

Now where did I take joy and justify evil done? Why nowhere but that was something you seem to need me to have said otherwise why say it?

I think Rush is low life scum who does evil things for money. How do I feel about his having cancer? Nothing at all. He's near his end and I won't celebrate nor feel sad. I'll feel nothing as I have better people going through things that I know. They matter to others in positive ways, not in their utility for generating hate.

Reactions: BUTCH1

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Simple question, years of racism and bigotry to make money is ok by you? Doesn't rise to the level of evil? There are numerous quotations in this thread alone. Knowing your style, I'm assuming you're unfamiliar with Rush's style and haven't made any effort to educate yourself?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
There are a few people I wish to die ASAP, but I don't want anybody... ANYBODY to suffer cancer, or suffer period.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Cheeto will make good use of that chicken!, (of course only after feeding some to Melania and the kids to make sure it's safe).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well, at one time, IIRC, he stood up for a woman's right to choose (well, when asked!). WTF happened to that?

You should know better than to accuse Trump of having principles.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Of course Trump gave Rush the medal of freedom. The Godfather of corrosive right wing hate & discontent? He cultivated more shitty attitudes than any other figure over the last 30 years & his followers are pleased to wear them. In accepting it, Rush named Trump as his rightful heir to that legacy. Fuck you, Libtards.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
And here I thought pardoning that racist sheriff from Arizona was the ultimate insult Trump could lay at the feet of the nation's people. So among other cherished long held policies and traditions that has stood the test of time that he flushed down his golden toilet bowl with glee, he tops that one off by siding with a SEAL of whom his own fellow SEALS admonished and distanced themselves from, throwing into disarray the time honored traditions enshrined within the Chain of Command structure that is (now used to be) chiseled in stone. This due to our criminal president thinking dishonorable people like himself are worth more than any other person who have, as he sees it, fatal weaknesses like honor, compassion, and trust in their fellow man.

And now we have Trump going above and beyond the call of spite and self-defeating hubris, full of desire and intent to take another satisfying swipe at those who accuse him for what he really is via bestowing an totally undeserved award on a totally undeserving scumbag just like himself.

Wait 'til he outdoes himself again. I'll bet it has something to do with justifying how it's perfectly fine to enlist the aid of the Russians toward winning an election just like the previous one because the McConnell led Senate has given him the A-OK to do just that.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You should know better than to accuse Trump of having principles.
No, I wouldn't do that. But he appeared to not be as much a dick 15 years ago as he is today, nowhere close. Maybe he'd not all that different and he was really a shit head all along.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Of course Trump gave Rush the medal of freedom. The Godfather of corrosive right wing hate & discontent? He cultivated more shitty attitudes than any other figure over the last 30 years & his followers are pleased to wear them. In accepting it, Rush named Trump as his rightful heir to that legacy. Fuck you, Libtards.
Except that Trump, once shuttled out of the White House will have no interest in hosting a talk radio show critiquing American politics. Way too much work for him. People won't much give a fuck what he has to say when that day comes.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
But you would be impressed if Trump or Rush recieved either award!! We get it.....

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Fun Fact: Rush is a piece of shit.

I figure. That's why I have never listened to him. I suppose I heard a few snips on the news, but I'd never tune in to him.

Edit: Holy crap, I just had a peak at that site. That guy's worse than I figured. What a creep. Blows my mind that he made a handsome living saying shit like that on the radio. I do a volunteer radio show... music, never made a dime.