Rush is getting a presidential medal of freedom

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
And now we've defiled the value of a presidential medal of freedom

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told network anchors during a private lunch Tuesday that he will award Rush Limbaugh with the Medal of Freedom, one day after the prominent political radio host announced he has advanced lung cancer.

According to a person familiar with the discussion, Trump informed anchors he will bestow Limbaugh with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in the coming months. Limbaugh has been a staunch ally of the President's for years, and dined with him at his Palm Beach golf club over the holidays. Once, during an event in the Rose Garden, Trump praised Limbaugh as someone who "can speak for three hours without a phone call."

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The award is meaningless when a meaningless person gives it to another meaningless person. It's much like Trump giving himself a Purple Heart because he allegedly got bone spurs while in heavy action battling the local Draft Board and their desire to have him perform his duty for God and Country. It would have meant more if Putin gave it to Trump for his courageous selfless duty to Mother Russia above and beyond the call.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Next up for Rush, the Iron Cross.

iron-cross-first-class-65-tmb.jpg

Reactions: ch33zw1z

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
There are certainly lots of worthy names on that list, but effing Ben Carson has one?
The medal is given to (in order):
1) Flunkies who've gone above and beyond in covering a Presidential ass
2) Campaign donors
3) Celebrities popular with an audience a Pres wants to win over in the next election
4) Foreign dignitaries whom a Pres is trying to grease
5) WTF was the Pres thinking?
6) People who deserve official recognition for service

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Counterpoint: it'll never be cleansed. The GOP through Trump has normalized extremism, and whomever the next Republican candidate will be, will be far, far worse. Best case scenario, the GOP falls into obscurity as boomers die out.
counterpoint taken

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Nothing Trump does should surprise anyone.
And... I LOVE YOU Nancy Pelosi.
Nancy should be frickin king, or definitely our president!

Reactions: Muse

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Wow that medal became as valuable as a NAM in the Navy.

I got one (Army version) seven months after being thrown in the hoosegow for insubordination. (I refused to rat on a fellow soldier that got accused of allegedly black marketing medical supplies (bottle of aspirin) to his housekeeper in exchange for alleged consensual sexual favors).

I found out I got it because it would help me get promoted to E4 and given a shit job. You know the one: "where the unqualified is telling the unwilling to do the unnecessary."

edit -Correction my bad - It was an ARCOM that I got put up for.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I got one (Army version) seven months after being thrown in the hoosegow for insubordination. (I refused to rat on a fellow soldier that got accused of allegedly black marketing medical supplies (bottle of aspirin) to his housekeeper in exchange for alleged consensual sexual favors).

I found out I got it because it would help me get promoted to E4 and given a shit job. You know the one: "where the unqualified is telling the unwilling to do the unnecessary."

edit -Correction my bad - It was an ARCOM that I got put up for.
From my experience working around the Navy for 39 years, the Navy Acheivment Medal is basically, "we gave you an assignment and you didn't fuck it up, good job".
Edit: most importantly the fact that a lot of the sailors call it the Not Anything Medal, tells you everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: tweaker2

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I like Rush but don't agree with this. Howard Stern should get one as well if we're talking radio hosts.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Lets face it, the Presidential Medal of Freedom has never meant much, it has always been one of those throwaway pat on the backs that the President pulls out of his pocket when he needs a feel good moment. It is a political stunt more than anything.

But, that being said, it is getting really hard to not associate this Administration with White Supremist, isnt' it. This is one more Advertisement that the Democrats get to use.
'Trump gives highest award to man that says that slavery made streets safe'.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's not like it ever really meant much anyway...

Look at the list of losers who have received it over the years.

Yeah that's true, I stand corrected. I think it was the Kirk Douglas news still in my head, had me all focused on people worth a damn. It's important to remember that the medal has been warped for political hay and cultural declarations for a long time, hence people like Cheney, Kissenger and Mother Theresa being recipients.

Once you corrupt the office of president with a mentally ill illegitimate poseur I guess everything else is small potatoes really. The complete lack of any sense of shame just insures this stuff will always happen. Melania was smiling like she was truly impressed. Perhaps dealing with someone who handles their urges in the DR instead of hanging with Epstein carries weight with her? I think we can rule out his praise for immigrants.