Rush comments on black president

rewsdfa

Banned
Apr 9, 2008
Hi, to the community. I think that it was good of Rush Limbaugh to express his views on a Black President and to prove that he is not a racist has promoted Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice as strong candidates for presidential status. I think that it was fair on the part of Rush to say about is comments on a black president. I think that we should thank him?.shouldn?t we?

---

Thanks for the drive by, cut and paste spam. You are posting from India. Who is this "we" you're talking about?

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I don't think there is much racism in DC. Racism gets in the way of what is really important, and what is important is not who is black nor who is white. Green is the color of choice.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: rewsdfa
Hi, to the community. I think that it was good of Rush Limbaugh to express his views on a Black President and to prove that he is not a racist has promoted Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice as strong candidates for presidential status. I think that it was fair on the part of Rush to say about is comments on a black president. I think that we should thank him?.shouldn?t we?

I know we all seem incredibly astute politically savy know it alls, but a link would help since some of us don't actually follow Rush's every word.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

No, we don't need to thank him; he is an entertainer. All the thanks he needs comes in cash / endorsements from his contract / advertisers.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Well, a few points:

- Some racists are simply bigoted against all members of a race. Others are happy to have a few 'Uncle Tom's' - members of that race who 'know their place' and 'act right'.

It's entirely possible for someone racist to loudly proclaim their support for 'token' people, like Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court, who is a black man with very unusual views.

- You have to look not only at the 'best of' comments from someone to analyze whether they're racist, but the 'worst of' comments as well.

- However, his point is fair that he's not simply against a black president, and I don't see much if any of the criticism against him being that he's a racist. He has other problems.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What I like is that expectations of Rush are so incredibly low that when he does something amazing like say something that's not racist, people are pleasantly surprised and want to thank him.