RUP Questions

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
Hey, just asking, if you were to be looking for someone with RUP experience, what questions would you ask to see if you they knew what they were talking about??

Dogg

leftyman

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
I dont know what RUP is, so my first question would be "What is RUP? "

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Look atWiki for explanation of RUP and then dig a little deeper.

If the person can handle the Wiki knowledge, then you have a shot. Answers a coiuple of deeper questions will solidy the sitaution.

Be aware that many senior people may use concepts from the RUIP/XP theories and not even know about them. Those theories came into being well after they completed school and got into the real world.

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Look atWiki for explanation of RUP and then dig a little deeper.

If the person can handle the Wiki knowledge, then you have a shot. Answers a coiuple of deeper questions will solidy the sitaution.

Be aware that many senior people may use concepts from the RUIP/XP theories and not even know about them. Those theories came into being well after they completed school and got into the real world.

I looked through wiki and got a some good info, but still having trouble coming up with questions

Dogg

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
If you can not come up with valid questions after going throuigh Wiki then you should not be the one questioning the person.

RUP is a concept that does not have black/white answers. It is a thought/implimentation process.

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
If you can not come up with valid questions after going throuigh Wiki then you should not be the one questioning the person.

RUP is a concept that does not have black/white answers. It is a thought/implimentation process.

Well I am not the person who is doing the asking, i just have to prep, someone going for an interview

DOgg