Running shoe recommendations for <$50?

ander

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2001
I'm looking to buy a new pair of running shoes very soon. I currently have been using a pair of Puma Cells for the past three years. I would like to invest in a pair of shoes as to encourage myself to do more running. I'm currently doing about 5-10 miles per week plus a light lifting schedule. If anyone could recommend any shoes to look into that'd be great. Also any recommended places to buy the shoes, also.

Thanks!

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ander
I'm looking to buy a new pair of running shoes very soon. I currently have been using a pair of Puma Cells for the past three years. I would like to invest in a pair of shoes as to encourage myself to do more running. I'm currently doing about 5-10 miles per week plus a light lifting schedule. If anyone could recommend any shoes to look into that'd be great. Also any recommended places to buy the shoes, also.

Thanks!

I'm big on comfort... so I would recommend getting a pair of Air Max or Shox'. Finishline.com has a lot of this years shoes on sale right now(click on Clearance at the left), I just got a pair of Griffey Shox crosstrainers for $69 on sale. They have quite a few pairs of Air max and other Nikes for <$50. Obviously check your local store first, since you can't exactly try them on, or just do what I did, order 2 pairs, and return the pair that doesn't fit to your B&M store. I ordered a 9 and a 9.5 in the Shox I bought, and will return one of them.

Obviously I can't tell you what shoes you'd like, but some of these ones wouldn't be bad:

Text
Text
Text
Text

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I've always been happy with New Balance. They are comfortable and well built.

I also get 'em for free ;)

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: nord1899
Outlet stores are your friend, sometimes greater than 50% off.

I agree. I wish I had a Nike outlet closer than 80 miles or so.

If you have an outlet near you, go there first. (and if you do have a Nike Outlet near you, please PM me if you have any plans of going.. i have a favor to ask of you.)

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: murphy55d

If you have an outlet near you, go there first. (and if you do have a Nike Outlet near you, please PM me if you have any plans of going.. i have a favor to ask of you.)

Theres a Nike Outlet about an hour from where I live. Along with Adidas, Reebok, and a bunch of others.

Hell theres a second outlet on the South Shore of LI, but it sucks compared to the one at Riverhead.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000

Theres a Nike Outlet about an hour from where I live. Along with Adidas, Reebok, and a bunch of others.

Hell theres a second outlet on the South Shore of LI, but it sucks compared to the one at Riverhead.

Do you ever go? I've been looking for a certain pair of Nikes for a LONG time. If you ever go, drop me a line... maybe you could check on them for me.

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

Do you ever go? I've been looking for a certain pair of Nikes for a LONG time. If you ever go, drop me a line... maybe you could check on them for me.

Only go about twice a year. Once in the spring for summer clothes. Once in the fall for winter clothes. PM me in like April or something if you are still interested then.