Running extremely hot water all over poison ivy = best feeling... well almost..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FortFunFoSho, Sep 12, 2004.

1. FortFunFoSho

FortFunFoSho Golden Member

Seriously scalding hot water on Poison Ivy is a similar feeling to pure euphoria. I think I am addicted to it. I just got out of the shower and am already looking forward to the next...

2. Guest

Its funny that you say that, true story here:
    I got it on my hands and scratched... uhh... myself... and then scratched more. When i got into a REALLY hot tub, OMFGWTF it was better than feeding the geese. No BS hands down feels insane. End of story.

3. jtusa

jtusa Diamond Member

If you have have poison ivy/oak a hair dryer is your best friend. If it's a good hair dryer it's better than a hot shower.

4. FortFunFoSho

woah man... looking forward top the next time I get it... not really.. but still the dryer will provide many a ivy o faces...

5. Ronstang

Ronstang Lifer

The amazing thing is that after you get out of the hot water the itching is gone for quite some time giving you the opportunity to get some sleep.

A little tip:

If you have poison ivy/oak on your arms cut the toes out of some long tube socks and wear them on your arm while you sleep. This keeps you from scratcing and it also protects you from spreading the rash to your face and other body parts. Wash them along with the sheets every morning until the rash starts to dry up.

6. HoodRich

HoodRich Banned

u shold stay drunk da hole tyme u got dam ivy on ur skin

7. AU Tiger

AU Tiger Diamond Member

Be sure to wash all clothing you were wearing when you picked up the poison ivy or else you may get a return visit next time you wear the clothing. The oils from the plant have to be washed out.

8. FortFunFoSho

Fyi.. according to eh.. the majority of what I have read from various poison ivy aficianado websites.. you cannot spread the rash from scratching unless traces of the original urishnol (spelling) oil are still there. So if you have had the rash for more than lets say 2 days and you scratch it.. most likely you will not spread it.. However the first couple days are the .... faux-contagiouis period....

9. Evadman

Evadman Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member

WTF is wrong with you. You are posting crap all over the place. Are you like 7 years old?

10. jtusa

jtusa Diamond Member

A doctor told me the same thing.

11. MikeMike

MikeMike Lifer

little hint, poison ivy is not possible to spread, it will only pop up where the oil was in contact with your skin, you can scratch all you want and it can puss all it wants but it will not spread.

trust me, ive had poison ivy so many times and gone to the doctors a few times for steriods for it that they have all told me the same thing.

MIKE

12. AU Tiger

AU Tiger Diamond Member

Doctors have always told me the same about scratching. Rashes usually only form where the oils have touched the skin. I have also heard that the rash can spread through your bloodstream if you are very contagious.

13. SaigonK

SaigonK Diamond Member

Something i read about the hot water thing, apparently NOT good for it.

Blisters and itching will improve with moist compresses. Make a batch of "Burows solution" by putting 1 or 2 "Dome-Boro" tablets in a pint of water (available from a pharmacist). Apply this to the blistering areas for 20 minutes two or three times daily. Follow the compresses with the prescribed cream if any. Very hot water stops the itch, but is not good for the skin or the rash.

When the swelling has gone down, stop the compresses and apply only the cream. Cream applied before the blisters and swelling go down are not effective alone. One may bathe or shower as usual, but avoid hot water.

14. everman

everman Lifer

What do you mean by afficionado? They like it?...

15. TitanDiddly

TitanDiddly Guest

Reminds me of those 'salad fingers' anims.

16. Ronstang

Ronstang Lifer

Maybe poison ivy does not spread....but poison oak does, at least on me so I have to take precautions. It probably has something to do with the level of allergy.

17. HoodRich

HoodRich Banned

nuffin is rong wit me whut is rong witchu

18. Slogun

Slogun Platinum Member

I'm onto this guy, saw him in another forum...he's using a black avatar and purposely acting stupid. It's a bigotry thing.
    I vote for a ban.

19. Ameesh

Ameesh Lifer

i wanna get poison ivy now!

20. nycxandy

nycxandy Diamond Member

:thumbsup: