Running Bitdefender Total Security 2013 with SuperAntiSpyware - Good or Bad???

Herkulese

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2001
I know that the vast majority here seem to hold Kaspersky in much higher regard than Bitdefender, but that is what I have, and that is because when I did my research, I found Bitdefender rated highest in several reviews.

I also have SuperAntiSpyware Pro, and would like to use it with Bitdefender, but am concerned that they may conflict. Many say that SAS is Spyware, and not an AV, so it shouldn't be a problem. I am given to understand that the free version of SAS is on demand only, and hence not an issue, but I want to run the Pro version live.

Will this cause any issues?

Thanks for any and all help,
Herk

Herkulese

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2001
From http://www.superantispyware.com/So yeah, you should be fine.

I checked and as you stated, I should be good to go.

I will go ahead and install the SAS Pro, run it live, and see what happens. It is a small risk, as I have incremental images of my setup that I can go back to if anything gets hosed up. Makes it nice to be able to do a lot of experimenting.

I will try to remember to post back after using it for a week or so. I am old though, so I might forget. LOL

Herkulese

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2001
After running BD Total Security 2013 and SAS Live together for a week or so, I have to say that my system became very sluggish, so I reimaged back to just prior to installing SAS Pro, and it was back to running like it is supposed to.

Now I am running BD Total Security 2013 with Malwarebytes Pro - Live, and all seems OK after several days.

I will post back..................