Rule 1: shoot people who celebrate over dead people

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Have you thought what the consequences of this rule would be?

I didn't think so.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak

I didn't think so.

yeah, there are millions of people who celebrate over dead people
rolleye.gif

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Well the US now has a general idea of what these losers look like, its just a matter of time before they'll be on the ground with US Soldiers standing over them :)

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak

I didn't think so.

yeah, there are millions of people who celebrate over dead people
rolleye.gif

Millions? No. Hundreds of thousands in a country of 25 milion (say 1% of the population)? pretty likely.

So you have no problems with the US taking up Saddam's tactics? What happened to respect for human rights and a fair and just society and all those other things you supposedly cared about?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
IIRC plenty of people on this board (well it was ATOT at the time) LOVED the AC-130 footage from Afghanistan. If the US had successfully killed Saddam during any of the JDAM/cruise missile attacks in the Spring . . . I imagine some would have celebrated.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I would celebrate if the russians invaded us and you shot a couple. What's the problem?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
IIRC plenty of people on this board (well it was ATOT at the time) LOVED the AC-130 footage from Afghanistan. If the US had successfully killed Saddam during any of the JDAM/cruise missile attacks in the Spring . . . I imagine some would have celebrated.

I remember that. Perhaps the OP should add (unless it's Americans doing the celebrating) to the end of his title.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
After the freedom we gave them I don't understand why they aren't in tears when one of their occupiers dies. :(

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Not that anyone except me cares, but that site is violating copyright by putting that photo online. There were specific AP restrictions on that photo not for use online. Oh well. :frown:

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Lucky
Not that anyone except me cares, but that site is violating copyright by putting that photo online. There were specific AP restrictions on that photo not for use online. Oh well. :frown:
why?

Dangermouse33

Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Tabb
Well the US now has a general idea of what these losers look like, its just a matter of time before they'll be on the ground with US Soldiers standing over them :)

:) Those punks deserve it.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

You have got to be kidding me . . . you're giving moral equivalency to a bunch of stupid Internet geeks jizzing over watching a video and Iraqis dancing a jig around a heap of dead bodies?! Been writing yourself too many Oxycontin prescriptions?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: X-Man

You have got to be kidding me . . . you're giving moral equivalency to a bunch of stupid Internet geeks jizzing over watching a video and Iraqis dancing a jig around a heap of dead bodies?! Been writing yourself too many Oxycontin prescriptions?

What does the fact that it's a bunch of stupid Internet geeks have to do with the morality of jizzing over watching a video? Are you saying because a bunch of stupid Internet geeks jizzing over watching a video isn't morally equivalent to Iraqis dancing a jig around a heap of dead bodies, there are no similarities? BBD made a comparison; can comparisons not be made unless both events are morally equivalent? Because BBD made a comparison, he's saying that they are morally equivalent? When people compare Clinton's lies to Bush's, are they saying they are morally equivalent?

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Gaard

What does the fact that it's a bunch of stupid Internet geeks have to do with the morality of jizzing over watching a video? Are you saying because a bunch of stupid Internet geeks jizzing over watching a video isn't morally equivalent to Iraqis dancing a jig around a heap of dead bodies, there are no similarities? BBD made a comparison; can comparisons not be made unless both events are morally equivalent? Because BBD made a comparison, he's saying that they are morally equivalent? When people compare Clinton's lies to Bush's, are they saying they are morally equivalent?

There is a huge difference between a bunch of stupid kids cheering something they see on their TV or computer screen and dancing around someone's maimed corpse. If you can't see that, then nothing I can say is going to convince you.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I guess my general POV is that killing people is rarely necessary but often celebrated. The AC-130 footage was almost entirely without context . . . allegedly it was an Al Qaeda camp but how reliable is US intelligence considering we blew up wedding parties and allies on a regular basis. I didn't shed a tear when Saddam's hellspawn were killed . . . but I didn't celebrate either. Killing bad people . . . actually I mean killing people that have done bad things . . . IMHO is not a laudable achievement. Stopping them from hurting others is laudable but the presumption that mortal harm was the ONLY solution is pure BS.

This thread is indicative of how militant mindsets often lack a coherent moral compass. Some of the factions in Iraq clearly have no concern for innocents . . . then again how is that any different from a nation that uses the term "collateral damage"? Has the US government made even the semblance of an effort to calculate civilian casualties during Bush War 2003 or the occupation? As long as the political needs of the Bush Regime supercede the vital needs of Iraq . . . this occupation will remain in a moral morasse.

As despicable as those celebrating death may be . . . those Spaniards are dead due to the actions of Aznar, Bush, and Blair.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I guess my general POV is that killing people is rarely necessary but often celebrated. The AC-130 footage was almost entirely without context . . . allegedly it was an Al Qaeda camp but how reliable is US intelligence considering we blew up wedding parties and allies on a regular basis. I didn't shed a tear when Saddam's hellspawn were killed . . . but I didn't celebrate either. Killing bad people . . . actually I mean killing people that have done bad things . . . IMHO is not a laudable achievement. Stopping them from hurting others is laudable but the presumption that mortal harm was the ONLY solution is pure BS.

This thread is indicative of how militant mindsets often lack a coherent moral compass. Some of the factions in Iraq clearly have no concern for innocents . . . then again how is that any different from a nation that uses the term "collateral damage"? Has the US government made even the semblance of an effort to calculate civilian casualties during Bush War 2003 or the occupation? As long as the political needs of the Bush Regime supercede the vital needs of Iraq . . . this occupation will remain in a moral morasse.

As despicable as those celebrating death may be . . . those Spaniards are dead due to the actions of Aznar, Bush, and Blair.
I disagree. They are dead because of us all. We are all personally responsible and guilty for their deaths. We have not cured our own violence and the violence of the world is the result.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard

What does the fact that it's a bunch of stupid Internet geeks have to do with the morality of jizzing over watching a video? Are you saying because a bunch of stupid Internet geeks jizzing over watching a video isn't morally equivalent to Iraqis dancing a jig around a heap of dead bodies, there are no similarities? BBD made a comparison; can comparisons not be made unless both events are morally equivalent?Iraqis dancing a jig around a heap of dead bodies

There is a huge difference between a bunch of stupid kids cheering something they see on their TV or computer screen and dancing around someone's maimed corpse. If you can't see that, then nothing I can say is going to convince you.

Yes, I realize there are differences. Can you see that there are similarities? Do they not both meet the criteria set by the title of this thread?

Because BBD made a comparison, he's saying that they are morally equivalent? When people compare Clinton's lies to Bush's, are they saying they are morally equivalent?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: Zebo
I would celebrate if the russians invaded us and you shot a couple. What's the problem?

You would dance over their corpses? Classy...
Nah, I wouldn't want to be photographed doing that.

Anyway the Iraqi's always celebrated death and destruction when it happens to Westerners, remember those assholes celebrating 9/11?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: Zebo

You would dance over their corpses? Classy...
Nah, I wouldn't want to be photographed doing that.

Anyway the Iraqi's always celebrated death and destruction when it happens to Westerners, remember those assholes celebrating 9/11?

Mike, remove the word the from your statement and it'd be more accurate.