Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Black Guns Matter.

In my perfect world, each respondent would read the entire article before posting. Yeah, I know, good luck with that.

For me, there are conflicting "goods" here. I simply do not think MORE PEOPLE WITH GUNS is the answer, even as I do understand the impetus behind this seemingly rather thoughtful young man and his movement.

Feb 16, 2005
*popcorn*
*barcalounger*
A lawnchair ain't gonna cut it for this one. I need to be comfy, this will be a bumpy ride.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Black Guns Matter.

In my perfect world, each respondent would read the entire article before posting. Yeah, I know, good luck with that.

For me, there are conflicting "goods" here. I simply do not think MORE PEOPLE WITH GUNS is the answer, even as I do understand the impetus behind this seemingly rather thoughtful young man and his movement.

The tension, in my opinion arises out of the difference between answer and impetus, between the revolution is race relations and consciousness that is required for a real answer, and the reality of our actual current condition, the facts on the ground in the hood. What rational answer can there be when you life in constant danger of being gunned down by the police. The right of self defense is primal. Law enforcement based on the theory that terror makes people obey the law is creates the exact same response, try to terrorize us and we will out terrorize you, threat for threat. We look at history and see that change happens with impetus

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Posting just to get notified when someone posts in what will be an epic thread

Same.

eKRSWHh.gif

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Blacks should be responsible gun owners no less than anyone else.

Don't see any problem.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Ok, I read the whole article. And in the end I couldn't help shake one thought: If this becomes a movement, it will bring more middle class white liberals on board in supporting 2nd Amendment rights than anything the NRA has ever done.

There was mention of an NRA certified instructor in the article. A guy who happens to own a gun store. :) Hell yeah, he's no dummy. An untapped market is an untapped market. See if there isn't a little more color sprinkled around gun manufacturers' web sites in the very near future.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Ok, I read the whole article. And in the end I couldn't help shake one thought: If this becomes a movement, it will bring more middle class white liberals on board in supporting 2nd Amendment rights than anything the NRA has ever done.

There was mention of an NRA certified instructor in the article. A guy who happens to own a gun store. :) Hell yeah, he's no dummy. An untapped market is an untapped market. See if there isn't a little more color sprinkled around gun manufacturers' web sites in the very near future.

I have never understood this misguided concept that Democrats do not own guns myself.

It has always been some weird FUD.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
So the NRA will be behind this guy 1000%?

The NRA? They'll give it some very considered thought, and if it looks like a lucrative market for the gun and ammo manufacturers for whom they're a de facto lobbying arm, then Yes.

The NRA's members? Ha ha ha!!