Rudy Giuliani says White House would block a full public release of Robert Mueller's Russia report

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/giuliani-mueller-report-new-yorker_us_5b8d393be4b0511db3dac87d

Rudy Giuliani says the White House would likely attempt to block a full public release of Robert Mueller’s anticipated final report about the Russia investigation ― bolstering long-held fears that the special counsel’s ultimate findings may never see the light of day.

Giuliani’s startling admission was tucked inside an expansive New Yorker profile of the former New York City mayor and Trump attorney, published online Monday.

Giuliani, who like the president has repeatedly described the Russia probe as a “witch hunt,” told journalist Jeffrey Toobin that Trump’s original legal team had struck a deal with Mueller about his expected final report that would allow the White House to “object to the public disclosure of information that might be covered by executive privilege.”

“I asked Giuliani if he thought the White House would raise objections,” wrote Toobin in the profile.

“I’m sure we will,” Giuliana responded, noting that it would be the president who “would make the final call.”

LOL I thought the President had nothing to hide and there was no collusion..

Reactions: NTMBK

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Giuliani, who like the president has repeatedly described the Russia probe as a “witch hunt,” told journalist Jeffrey Toobin that Trump’s original legal team had struck a deal with Mueller about his expected final report that would allow the White House to “object to the public disclosure of information that might be covered by executive privilege.”

It seems unlikely that the Mueller team ever made such a bargain with Trump's attorney's. More bat guano.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Good luck with that, Rudy. You'll need it.

This is just one of the reasons Dems need to take the HOR. If Trump denies them the full report, they'll impeach him for contempt of Congress. If he doesn't, they impeach him for what's in it.

I suspect Rosenstein will just release it for publication as soon as he gets it & to Hell with the personal consequences. There's nobody to stop him.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
It seems unlikely that the Mueller team ever made such a bargain with Trump's attorney's. More bat guano.

That would certainly explain why the GOP are rabid now. Bat guano!

Reactions: Ajay

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The idea that such a document or it's content could actually remain hidden is hilariously dumb. Either it's released and they deal or he (and the Rs) gets pummeled with the specter of it plus endless bits leaking. Lose lose.

Usual bullshitting from Rudy.

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
I've heard him say repeatedly that "Mueller will release his report and we'll release ours". Does this mean we won't get the comedy gold that muppet giulliani's report is sure to provide?

I think this would be a bridge too far, even for team trumpism. Well, maybe not the trumpets but certainly the rest of America.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
That nothing-burger is slowly turning into a porterhouse with potatoes and mushrooms and onions and a slice of black forest cake.

I wonder how the pundits will cover or counter this......

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
That nothing-burger is slowly turning into a porterhouse with potatoes and mushrooms and onions and a slice of black forest cake.

I wonder how the pundits will cover or counter this......

It's treason to suspect anything wrong with the POTUS. Only the enemies of the people would try to weaken us with such minutaie! #MAGA!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Would they be able to block the release..?

I don't see how. If Rosenstein orders the report released there's quite literally nobody to stop him. When Trump orders him fired he can wear it as a badge of honor. That's one possibility. If Congress demands the report then it must be delivered or impeachment & trial will ensue with the Chief Justice presiding in the Senate.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The idea that such a document or it's content could actually remain hidden is hilariously dumb. Either it's released and they deal or he (and the Rs) gets pummeled with the specter of it plus endless bits leaking. Lose lose.

Usual bullshitting from Rudy.

Pence would leak it, if no one else does.

Hugo Stiglitz

Feb 24, 2018
No matter what happens, eventually Mueller will be called to testify before Congress, so whatever Rudy.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
More stupid idea floating to the general public to see what they can pull over on 'em

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
In this particular case, it seems to me that the recipe Giuliani is following directs him to throw everything from the 'fridge, freezer, cupboards and from under the sink into a mixing bowl, cook it all up in a cauldron with a confusion spell cast over it and then sit back a laugh his ass off at the mess it makes at the dining table of public consmuption.

This in lieu of or in conjunction with running it up the 'ol flagpole of public opinion and see if it gets shot full of holes, then exploit to their heart's content in accordance with the size and number of holes they find in it.

All of which points to the ideal way that a crook would want to corrupt a pool of jurors into his favor and absolutely not the way an innocent victim of circumstances would handle their own defense.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Would they be able to block the release..?

I'm sure they could try, seeing how Justice is part of the executive branch and the current Congress won't call them out on it. We still haven't seen all of Trump's tax returns after all.

But I'm sure a few leaks would spring up if that were attempted. And nothing says guilty like a cover-up.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There is no way I can imagine a report this widely anticipated could be buried and never released. The public outcry would be insane.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
If the report can be blocked what the hell was the point of doing the investigation? Why would Mueller ever agree to such an insane condition?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/giuliani-mueller-report-new-yorker_us_5b8d393be4b0511db3dac87d

Rudy Giuliani says the White House would likely attempt to block a full public release of Robert Mueller’s anticipated final report about the Russia investigation ― bolstering long-held fears that the special counsel’s ultimate findings may never see the light of day.

Giuliani’s startling admission was tucked inside an expansive New Yorker profile of the former New York City mayor and Trump attorney, published online Monday.

“I asked Giuliani if he thought the White House would raise objections,” wrote Toobin in the profile.

“I’m sure we will,” Giuliana responded, noting that it would be the president who “would make the final call.”

LOL I thought the President had nothing to hide and there was no collusion..

And this is why God invented leakers.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
If the report can be blocked what the hell was the point of doing the investigation? Why would Mueller ever agree to such an insane condition?

This strikes me as Giuliani being his usual self... that is, he's either clueless, lying or both.