Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
4000series.PNG

FML....

Welp, gamers are offically dead and screwed.
We gonna be a ultra niche segment, which will probably kill game advancements until prices stabilize if they ever.
Im really not regretting getting my 3090.
I hope it can hold me off til the 5000 series, where again i hope prices will stabilize because no one will be able to afford a 4000 series, especially with ETH expected to be dead by then.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
These prices are too low. They will sell too fast. The only one priced kind of OK is the 4090 which should be between $3-5000. 4080Ti is $500 too low, 4080 is $800 too low, and 4070 is $700 too low. 4060 should be $800 and anything under that card should be $400 min. These people don't learn. The cards will sell out before they are even officially released at these prices. Laughably low. With mining taken into account, Nvidia is literally paying you to steal their products. For gamers, the cards will be worth it at even double these prices. Gamers have credit cards and they are willing to pay decent money if only Nvidia would give us half the chance.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Will we see LHR v3? QHR (quarter hash rate?)

Because if those can mine twice as well as existing 30-series, then the price will be WELL justified.

If not, then I dunno. It's mostly miners and the scalpers (and retailers scalping, because of miners) that cause prices to be so high, if there isn't the value to miners at those prices, then the prices will HAVE to come down.

Reactions: Tlh97 and Shmee

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
they know that mining will tank and inventory will be left unsold, according to the agreements they have signed. These things are not manifesting in a real time manner. The forces that dictate the market are like an elastic band.

So they plant these rumors so you will be forced to buy now.

Also didn't I read somewhere that intel bought the vast majority of next gen capacity from tsmc, surpassing even apple and Nvidia deals?

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I predicted exactly this too. They have seen people are willing to pay. If anything the non 4090 cards are less than I expected.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I never thought I would say this.

Save us Intel! Save us!

( and given Intel's history I am pretty confident Intel will lure us in, and then use the life boat oars to push us underwater while cackling manically )

-Intel is nothing if not predictable, sort of like Nvidia. You get to be when you're on top of your respective market. The other guy has to be the disruptor and really shake things up.

However, its high time consumers start leveraging their collective purchasing power.

We know intel is going to go in low and open, then go high and closed as soon as they start picking up market share. Just don't buy to deep into their ecosystem, and keep rotating brands so no company gets too entitled about your money.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
>"rumor"
>some random's predictions

Huh?
Also, pricing isn't set a year in advance

according to PC Gamer he's a pretty reliable source.
dont get me wrong tho, i hope he's utterly wrong in his predictions, but so far that is what were paying right now for market price, and its hard keeping inventory on the shevles.

I dont see things changing anytime soon until we start seeing inventory on shelves just sit there and not being moved.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
For gamers, the cards will be worth it at even double these prices. Gamers have credit cards and they are willing to pay decent money if only Nvidia would give us half the chance.

I think someone forgot their <SARCASM></SARCASM> tags when they wrote the above. It is very easy to empirically disprove the above by looking at available listings on ebay and other scalper outlets to see that cards exist and can be bought at the inflated prices while at the same time looking at Steam hardware metrics and game forums where-in you can clearly see gamers who are keeping their old cards longer because they are not going to pay scalper prices.

Reactions: AnitaPeterson

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why do you say that? It seems to me that if the graphics card business essentially slows down a bit, game devs have to learn to do more with less.
I don't think doing more with less has anything to do with the current state of the art graphics cards and requirements for more. The main issues at this very moment with graphics cards and performance has to do with the advances in display technology that have happened in the last 10 years. 10 years ago, the state of the art games were being developed for 1920x1200@60hz resolution. Now the state of the art displays would be 7680x4320@120hz resolution, or an increase of almost 29x pixels per second!

Now if you look at the performance difference in GPUs from 2012 until now, we have only seen approx 6-7x performance increase.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I feel this is like the last hurrah for video cards and consoles in general. With MS Xbox being able to be played now in ur browser without a pc, xbox, or hell even a fancy GPU either, if you got the bandwidth, its only a matter of time, consoles and full pc high dollar gaming machines will soon be a thing of the past. Nvidia Shield tv allows you to play AAA titles and more with or without a pc, and buy the games off steam just like you would if going to play on ur pc. Playstation on my pc, xbox on my pc and now browser with games like on a real Xbox, while the pc app will allow you to have control over graphics and such, but less games, so just a little bit more time, and this will be the last big powerhouse video cards, cpus, and consoles. Nothing for them to develop and make for the masses, we all fed the same garbage same visuals, same framerates, you having money or no money, all for one and one for all.

Reactions: The red spirit

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I feel this is like the last hurrah for video cards and consoles in general. With MS Xbox being able to be played now in ur browser without a pc, xbox, or hell even a fancy GPU either, if you got the bandwidth, its only a matter of time, consoles and full pc high dollar gaming machines will soon be a thing of the past.
Sadly, I think that you're right.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I wonder how much of this is related to the news that we got a month or so ago about how both Samsung and TSMC plan on raising their wafer prices by a modes amount?

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
To be fair, it looks like the prediction is an opinion from a guy with a youtube tech channel. It's funny that it got so much traction because the prices are way off by a factor of TWO. They won't stay in stock at these cheap toy-like prices. Gamers deserve a chance to buy a card and only higher prices will give us that chance. We have to suck it up and pay more than the miners are willing to pay. We are passionate gamers with credit cards. We can do it. I hope Nvidia gives us the chance to prove we want to be their best customer. We can take the miners down by using our credit cards and maybe a small loan from your local credit union. Don't be a wussy. Suck it up and pay.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I still say that by the time 40 series come out ETH will be PoS and there will be no more profit left in mining. These prices won't hold without mining demand. But hey guys, feel free to doom and gloom about it.

Reactions: ozzy702

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Even if eth moves to POS, there are plenty of other coins using POW. At this point mining is a multi billion dollar industry with several public companies that focus on it. I don't see the demand there going away for a long time.

We are passionate gamers with credit cards. We can do it. I hope Nvidia gives us the chance to prove we want to be their best customer. We can take the miners down by using our credit cards and maybe a small loan from your local credit union. Don't be a wussy. Suck it up and pay.

Maybe at some point financing a video card will be a thing, just like financing a car or house. Nvidia and the AIBs will get into the business of making loans.