Question RTX 3070 Delayed - NVIDIA fine tuning Anti-BOT and counter RDNA2 for the ultimate man vs silicone showdown of the century!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

traderjay

Sep 24, 2015
What do you guys think? Will the scalp bots be out in force or is this time going to be bots against bots...the good bot vs the scalp bots? I am in a double whammy... the strix 3090 is not out tomorrow due to delay, and I still have to go in person to my local hardware store and place my name in the queue....

Last edited:

Massive79

Sep 16, 2004
Just curious...why are people so desperate to be the first ones to have a new video card?

(AMD or Nvidia,doesn't matter in this case).

You're always paying full retail price,often hundreds more..just so you can say "I got this new fancy gaming video card first..."????

Totally confusing.

I'm personally waiting for a while after the RTX 3070 launches(its what I'm planning on buying..) to buy it.

Hahahah... I agree, it feels like they think buying VGA card like buying a new car, but new car is something to show off, I have no idea how to show off a VGA card.

I would have assumed there are 2 condition that these new vga sell other than higher performance hike than previous release :
1. Since people holding off spending money for unnecessary things during the pandemic, they allocating money to new VGA since most of activities now performed by online it can help them as well for their work, their productivity activites and leisure activity like gaming
2. Some people trying to get some benefit to resell the card since it is known that people still want a new VGA because of the reason above

just my opinion

ZipSpeed

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2007
Just curious...why are people so desperate to be the first ones to have a new video card?

You're always paying full retail price,often hundreds more..just so you can say "I got this new fancy gaming video card first..."????

Totally confusing.

I'm personally waiting for a while after the RTX 3070 launches(its what I'm planning on buying..) to buy it.

(1) Excitement
(2) Dire need of an upgrade
(3) FOMO. I'm going to guess a lot of people fall into this category because that's how our society behaves nowadays.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011

Totally confusing.

Unless your waiting for the price to drop, why hold off buying one assuming there are enough available that you can get one without extra hassle?

You pay the same for any performance gains that you could have had for a longer period of time. Supply shortages also make being able to get one at MSRP even more valuable because if there aren't a lot of cards you may have to wait longer than you want to be able to get one.

Obviously there are people who go way too far to get a brand new card, but I think that's a small subset of people who want to buy at launch. Right now the 3080 is such an insanely good value that I have to question the sanity of anyone who wants that level of performance but would pass up the opportunity to acquire it.

The 3070 is certainly going to have an AMD competitor so I could see holding out until benchmarks are available for both, but I don't expect the value proposition too swing too far one way or the other so even getting one at launch at the end of the month should be a safe bet since AMD will have at least shown a few results for any competing card they'll be releasing.

Reactions: PJVol

ksosx86

Sep 27, 2012

Totally confusing.

Some people aren't confused when you are confused. Think of it like that and maybe it will make sense. :smileycat:

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Looks like supply is going to be very limited at launch. I guess there's still some time for more stock, but so far it looks like it'll be a quick sell out.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
I'm not sure the extra few weeks have been enough to ensure better supply at launch, but I'm not sure if this will have as much demand as the 3080 does if NVidia keeps the $500 price.

The 3080 is 40% more expensive at $200 more, but had ~47% more shaders (8704 vs. 5888) and a ~55% higher memory bandwidth (760 GB/a vs. 448 GB/s) which may not result in 40% better performance, but it probably won't be too much worse if it is at all.

It would be the first time in a long time that a high end card is better value for money (both at launch and for future games) than the mid-rang card. This creates another weird issue where even if there were enough 3070 cards at launch, there may still be a lot of people who want a 3080 since it's actually a better value per dollar.

Perhaps with the delay they're waiting to see what AMD announces with prices so they can do a last minute adjustment if necessary, but even if AMD has absolutely nothing, NVidia should still drop the price for the 3070 so it fits in the typical value/dollar curve we're used to a little better.