rtx 2060 mobile can't get to 100% utilization

tuffluck

Mar 20, 2010
You may have seen some of my other posts, but I have a Sager notebook, i7 9750, rtx 2060 and my GPU was great the first 3 months and then serious FPS issues (I've only played call of duty/warzone as a test). With Afterburner I figured it out on my own that it was actually over-overclocked from the manufacturer and was trying to run at 1900mhz when it's only rated to about 1400. I wound up clocking it to 1550 which allowed no volt/power limit throttling. Ran great for about 2 weeks, 70-90FPS, also even from stock no heat issues. 65-72c, never saw it get above 72c.

Fast forward to today, everything is fine this morning playing, and now I play and util % only gets up to 70% (before was almost 100% all the time), FPS drop now in the 50s. no power/volt throttle limiting, but it literally will not go above 70% util. it's not even like it's getting to 95% and backing off. cpu is fine, never had any throttling problems there. this is so extremely frustrating, i just don't know what's going on anymore. if anyone can help me diagnose this....i'm on the latest drivers fyi

EDIT: btw if i run furmark and/or heaven my gpu goes to ~100% and stays there constantly

Last edited:

tuffluck

Mar 20, 2010
can anyone help me? i downloaded apex legends, gpu runs at near 100% with 110+ fps no problems. heaven and furmark 100% gpu look great. warzone plays at 60% gpu and 40-50 fps. no vsynce is on. i even reinstalled the game and it didn't do anything.