Roxio - Virus??

amerifax

Jan 7, 2004
One of the oldest problematic programs "something" CD Creator or something that Roxio used in the past...once that program sinks its hooks into your computer you either rebuild your entire system to get rid of it or buy another computer.

That is why we have a standing policy that anyone that installs any part of their file is automatically terminated. I think I myself might have violated the policy when I loaded a Blackberry Product and unknown to me that product was loaded on my system. This product works worse than a virus.

Does anybody have a clue on how to get rid of Roxio Media Manager off of a computer? Every time we think it's gone, it's starts trying to install itself once again. Please can anybody help me get rid of this "virus" called Roxio Media Manager?

Bob

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
I'm not sure what Add Remove Pro is, but I'm sure Revo Uninstaller would be able to do it for you. I've used it in the past with that Roxio crap that, I agree, is garbage.

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Their directCD is horrible and the Roxio updater couldn't find its way out of a paper bag on any business (proxy) network but I think you are over reacting a little.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Add Remove Pro is a very good uninstaller. Never tried Revo so can't comment on it. I use a program from PCMag called Unclean as my uninstaller. Works much better than the Windows Add / Remove utility.

amerifax

Jan 7, 2004
Thanks so much for all the replies. We will give these suggestions a try. One of the big problems is that the program does not show up in the Add/Remove Programs Section. But I will try a few of the things you have suggested.

One other question i have is...if I have the drive hooked up to another computer externally is it possible to run a chkdsk without hurting the drive? The drive happens to be the C: so I wasn't sure if running the chkdisk with another computer and then returning the drive to the original computer would cause any problems or not...

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bob

C1

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2008
Using CHKDISK will not cause any issue. However, if the drive you are making external is an OS partition, then be sure to toggle its status to NON-BOOTABLE before attempting to bring it online as an external drive for accessing. When you are done with it, return its status back to BOOTABLE so that it may be again used as an OS drive.

rm_dimns

Aug 23, 2010
Maybe it can be stopped by Eset Smart Security 4 or you can turn on your personal firewall without exceptions after you reformat your pc.