Router-to-Router , Or Router-to-Switch ?

pvanvu

Feb 19, 2016
HI everyone ,
I just created 2 Network Topology , but I'm not really sure about the difference between these 2 . So I have a few questions that I want to make it clear , hope you guys are gonna help me .

1) what is the difference between the Topo 1 and Topo 2 ? The advantages , and disadvantages between these two ?

2) The Topo2 is like (OSPF multi-access) , but in which case should I use the Topo1 , and in which case should I use the Topo2 ?

Capture.jpg

Thank you

pvanvu

Feb 19, 2016
Are we doing your homework or are you looking for something specifically?

No , it's not a homework , loll
It's just a question that pop up in my mind when I saw 2 different TOPOLOGY , and wondered what is the difference between them , and when should I use the first one , or second one .

I'm on my way to gain more experience about Networking for my job . There are many different Topology out there , so I just wanna know the difference between them :D

pvanvu

Feb 19, 2016
LAN's, WAN's, server/NAS, Internet?

I just practiced all these in LABs when I was in school .
but in real life , in job , I don't know when and where to apply these Topology . but I just wanna know the difference between these 2 , when to use the TOPO 1 , when TOPO 2

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I just practiced all these in LABs when I was in school .
but in real life , in job , I don't know when and where to apply these Topology . but I just wanna know the difference between these 2 , when to use the TOPO 1 , when TOPO 2

In real life it's always what is the cheapest way.

mv2devnull

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2010
No , it's not a homework , loll

I'm on my way to gain more experience about Networking for my job .
Self-improvement is homework. :)

What are the symbols on the pictures? Please explain each figure in detail. Assume that we know nothing about such diagrams and topologies.

What if X breaks? (The X being any bit in the picture.) What happens to the traffic?

pvanvu

Feb 19, 2016
In real life it's always what is the cheapest way.

Ohhh :eek: , Now I got it
SImple question , but that's what I need to know :thumbsup:
Thank you

Self-improvement is homework. :)

What are the symbols on the pictures? Please explain each figure in detail. Assume that we know nothing about such diagrams and topologies.

What if X breaks? (The X being any bit in the picture.) What happens to the traffic?

I got the answer above from @sdifox :sneaky:
again , It's not homework :))
anyway , Thanks :cool: