Rotator cuff exercises?

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Any good ones? I kind of looked around Muscle Media, but most of the links on the search page were dead. My upper arm and shoulder hurts like a mother when I bench. My form is good, as near as I can tell at least. Most of the stuff I read suggests exercising your rotators. Any suggestions?

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
here's what i do: stand while holding some light dumbbells. raise dumbbells palms down from fully lowered to about shoulder level with each arm at a 45 degree angle relative to your front, then lower (arms straight the whole time). also, try reps with arms raising straight out to the side. you should be able to do at least 2 sets of 15 reps without straining. as far as benching pain, what reps & sets are you doing? how often? ensure the bar touches your nipple area or lower. get a trainer to check out your form.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I feel the pain no matter what weight I do. I usually work out from 170 up to 290.
Reps: 8 8 6 4 4. I'm taking a week off bench because the pain has just been steadily increasing. I lower the bar to just below my nipples. I grip the bar with my arms about the same width as if I'm doing a push up. I probably ought to have a trainer check my form out just to be sure, but I think I'm doing everything right.

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
Here are the ones I've been using. It's takien a long time for the thing to heal, 6 months and counting. I dint try the exercises until about 5 weeks ago, seen definite improvement in that time.

Same symptoms as you. I was working through a little pain on my benches and military presses for a couple of weeks, and then one day I woke and my shoulder was screwed bad.

Rotator cuff exercises

good luck...