Rotate a .mpg video 90 deg.

unclesam

Nov 16, 2004
I shot a small VGA .mpg video using my Sony DSCP10 camera. The particular scene required that I shoot the video with the camera held vertically, i.e., with 3:4 aspect. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the file would be saved horizontally with 4:3 aspect. So now the whole clip plays tilted 90 deg. on the computer. Does anyone know how to flip an entire .mpg file? Is there some option for rotated playback in Windows Media Player or InterVideo WinDVD player? I have Windows Media Encoder and InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2 installed on my computer, in case anyone knows some hidden feature in them that will allow me to make the conversion easily.

Thank you.

Matthias99

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2003
I thought that WMP could display videos rotated or mirrored -- are you using WMP9/10, or an older version?

I don't know of any trivially easy way to fix the video (that is, to turn it into a file with a 3:4 aspect ratio rather than 4:3), but you might look around at doom9.org.

unclesam

Nov 16, 2004
I have WMP 10. I did not find any option for rotating or mirroring. Where are options these located?