RossMan would be proud

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Had reservation for Gasho steak house tonite. By the time we got there, however, they had closed the kitchen...so in compensation, we were allowed to eat as much as we liked from the cold bar (sushi, seafood and shellfish, cold cuts, BEER AND BOOZE, etc) AND I got a cert for 100 bux for the next time I wanted to dine there.

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
Originally posted by: yoda291
Had reservation for Gasho steak house tonite. By the time we got there, however, they had closed the kitchen...so in compensation, we were allowed to eat as much as we liked from the cold bar (sushi, seafood and shellfish, cold cuts, BEER AND BOOZE, etc) AND I got a cert for 100 bux for the next time I wanted to dine there.

nice! wow. They gave you free food and $100 for being late...

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002

LOL. that's kinda strange... i guess perks of eating at expensive places...

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by: fanerman91

nice! wow. They gave you free food and $100 for being late...

actually, I made the reservation, they closed the kitchen early, which was why they were so accomodating.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Dining from the dumpster behind a restaurant is not a healthy practice. Next time just knock on the back door and ask for a fresh handout.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
They closed early ? Define early ... did you make a reservation for like 9pm or something ?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

Or you could translate it as "They let us eat all the stuff they were going to throw away, then felt guilty and gave us a gift certificate to come back and eay a real meal."

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
hehe, nice...kind of odd that they closed earlier w/ a reservation in the books, very good of them to own up to their mistake and give you the $100 certificate. That'll get you like, what, two fatty tunas? ;)

psianime

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2002
At asian places... if they are closed... they are closed. That means "get the fvck out before we call the police". I'm sure that $100 will be good only if an adult orders a full entree.

-psianime