Rossman or other deal ferengi - please help me find the best deal for a rental car.

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
Since I sold my car and will be carless until my depature, can someone provide me with the best rent-a-car deal. I am under 25 and would also like unlimited mileage. I am going to be using the car for about 8 - 10 days.

Thx.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Since you are under 25 your choices are going to be severely limited, I would check out Enterprise (which rented to me when I was under 25 but over 21).

Also check out BiddingForTravel.com

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I thought threads soliciting deal info were a no-no...but maybe that's just in HD and not OT??? Anyway, I always used Priceline.com to get a quote from a rental car agency. Usually saves me $5-$10 per day, and sometimes more.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Another thing, if you have a major airport around you, they usually have unlimited mileage on all their cars so rent from there. (at least it's that way up here)

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
www.smarterliving.com

Check the part about Budget. They have a deal that expires in December for a free upgrade. Make a reservation for a midsized car and you can print off the coupon.....plus you'll get up to 25% off the rental price for booking a reservation online.

I did it for the past weekend but was able to let my father be the driver (I'm 22)....it saved me the extra insurance fees. We booked a 2002 Ford Taurus for $67 with unlimited miles for 3 days.:cool:

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Another thing, if you have a major airport around you, they usually have unlimited mileage on all their cars so rent from there. (at least it's that way up here)

Depends on the carrier n8. I've seen mileage limits with smaller fleets.

-PAB

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
www.smarterliving.com

Check the part about Budget. They have a deal that expires in December for a free upgrade. Make a reservation for a midsized car and you can print off the coupon.....plus you'll get up to 25% off the rental price for booking a reservation online.

I did it for the past weekend but was able to let my father be the driver (I'm 22)....it saved me the extra insurance fees. We booked a 2002 Ford Taurus for $67 with unlimited miles for 3 days.:cool:

So you only get the coupon if you make a reservation?

Another Q, I can cancel my reservation 24hrs before hand if I don't want it anymore right?

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
i didnt know anybody rented to people under 25. thats pretty cool though, good luck finding something