Rosie O'Donnell a reporter?

laketrout

Mar 1, 2005
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but MSNBC is trying to get Rosie O'Donnell to host its 9pm hour. This absolutely blows my mind - she's not a journalist whatsoever, in fact she's a 9/11 conspiracy nut.

It seems to me that MSNBC is doing anything for ratings including a crazy move like this. If anyone has any insight into her journalistic credentials I'd love to hear it.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Yeah I saw this last night. MSNBC's rating are tanking and they are probably hoping a little sensationalism will prop them up. I guess. I look forward to it...I love a good comedy :)

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
why do they keep giving this "woman" jobs? do people really consider her that entertaining?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Drakkon
why do they keep giving this "woman" jobs? do people really consider her that entertaining?

I do. It's like watching the old school road runner cartoons...she's the coyote that gets all worked up with a crazy plan then crashes to his demise lol I love it. She's one of my favorite loons.

teclis1023

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2007
I cannot stand her. I can't stand her double standards. I can't stand her bandwagon phony-liberalism. I can't stand the fact that people continue to listen to her spout her drivel.

She makes Liberals look dumb and lesbians look crazy.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Well, every person, every reporter, every politician, EVERYONE is a hypocrite with double standards *to some extent*, so I give her a pass on that. Thats whats annoying about debating in here is most people dont understand that. Anyway. GL to her I hope she gets it ;)

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Drakkon

She was on the view the ratings went up, Ad rev. went up, etc... She left the view and ratings are down and so on.

Some people are idiots hence Rush, bill oreally, etc... have jobs. Just because you are a idiot does not mean other idiots will not pay to hear/see you. If anything the bigger a idiot you are the more viewers you get.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: laketrout
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but MSNBC is trying to get Rosie O'Donnell to host its 9pm hour. This absolutely blows my mind - she's not a journalist whatsoever, in fact she's a 9/11 conspiracy nut.

It seems to me that MSNBC is doing anything for ratings including a crazy move like this. If anyone has any insight into her journalistic credentials I'd love to hear it.

What is your definition of a Journalist/Reporter?

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: laketrout

What is your definition of a Journalist/Reporter?

I'm not sure but maybe you could apply Dave. You could have a national platform to make your Nostradamus like predictions such as "there will be an earthquake next year" or "a hurricane will hit the east coast during hurricane season". And of course your ultimate credentials would be your "official marking of the recession on Oct. 17".

teclis1023

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2007
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Well, every person, every reporter, every politician, EVERYONE is a hypocrite with double standards *to some extent*, so I give her a pass on that. Thats whats annoying about debating in here is most people dont understand that. Anyway. GL to her I hope she gets it ;)

Sure, we've all got our quirks, and we all apply a double-standard now and again, but Rosie has made a practice of inciting controversy by basically pissing off a specific demographic with insensitivity, and then bitching when she perceives even the slightest homophobia.

I'm referring to the example of her angering a lot of Asians with her "Ching Chong" impression, and then jumping down the throat of some woman who asked Clay Aiken not to cover her mouth with his hand.

I don't remember the details exactly.

My point? I hate her!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
She's not a reporter. Neither is Bill O'Really.
Her show should be labeled "opinion"
Just like the entire Fox news lineup should be labeled "opinion"

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: techs
She's not a reporter. Neither is Bill O'Really.
Her show should be labeled "opinion"
Just like the entire Fox news lineup should be labeled "opinion"

Most of em are :) Just because someone has a show on a "news" channel doesnt make them a news anchor, reporter, etc. That true for all channels though :)

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
has MSNBC lost its mind? Every anchor on MSNBC continually bashes her. She'll be worse than that heifer Rita Cosby!