Rosewill cases and PSUs.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Are Rosewill cases and PSUs any good for low cost builds? While I'm incline to go with Corsair cases and Seasonic PSUs if I was building for myself, but I was just wondering if Rosewill is decent enough without cutting yourself on the case or the PSU dying a year after use. This if I was building or helping someone put together to gather something they can easily afford.

Feb 25, 2011
The brand is fine - they're mostly just rebadging other peoples' stuff. Individual products may or may not be excellent.

They've got >$100 high end cases as good as anybody, and they have $18 god-knows-what cases. Assuming your friend isn't going to be tinkering around in the case very often, then things like toolless access are just nice-to-haves. Work carefully during assembly and don't cut yourself. Don't force things. Wear some of those kevlar woodworking gloves if you're paranoid. You can do something stupid and bleed all over a $300 Lian Li just as well as a $20 No-Name special. I've done all of the above and while I left a trail of gore behind me, it's been many years since I had an issue with a case. Any case.

PSUs I know less about, but they sell a bazillion of them so they're probably good enough for most use cases.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

11-147-262-Z06.jpg

They're fine cases, and I like them, because they are compact for a mATX board, and have two USB3.0 as well as two USB2.0 ports. And a window.

But look at the above picture, and notice how the drive mounting is, it has this plate that extends out from the front, and that really cuts down the length that you can fit a video card into. So those honking huge triple-fan video cards won't fit, in fact, some of the double-fan video cards, like my R9 270X XFX DD cards, won't fit either.

11-147-123-V04.jpg

Contrast that with the Rosewill FBM-01 case, which is way more open at the bottom for longer dGPUs. Only $3 more, currently, but it doesn't have a window, nor USB3.0.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
@VirtualLarry I was thinking about video card length after reading a Newegg review that mentions that. Of course for this sort of case I would be using a shorter single fan design. Either that use M.2 SSDs instead of 2.5"/3.5" drives.