Rosetta Stone 5 levels: $350, normal $500

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by Imp, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Imp

Imp Lifer

Normal price is $500, so it's a pretty significant discount. "Usual" sales take it down to $400.

I got an email directly from Rosetta Stone since I have a registered account, but it looks like a product-wide discount available at Amazon.com too.

It's not a perfect product (what is?), but it's interactive, professionally designed, and the cost of a beginner's course at a local college is around $300 where I am. Your chance to habla espanol?

Edit: Cyber Monday discount takes the price down to $350. Digital Distribution (i.e. download) is available.

#1 Imp, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. goobee

goobee Golden Member

Anyone try learning Mandarin with this?

3. Slick5150

Slick5150 Diamond Member

4. Imp

Imp Lifer

This sale is still on.

Also, I picked up the Mandarin pack. Looks like they finally started offering a digital download versus a pack of CDs. You don't get the microphone (all other microphones should work) and the audio CD companion (if you want to listen to phrases repeated over and over again on your music player, then OMFG). This is HUGE if you live in some shithole like Canada where the only retailer that stocks this product is Amazon.ca and they don't offer the best prices or have things in stock 100% of the time; also, tax is not charged upfront.

I just started, but Mandarin is definitely harder to learn than French (I've had years of French language training in school before). However, it helps that I know how to speak another dialect of "Mandarin", albeit very crappily. The bonus is that I am way more engaged. Being able to play the same phrase over a hundred times to get the pronunciation right is a huge perk of this program. You will definitely need a dictionary and some more formal grammar lessons to really learn properly though.

5. goobee

goobee Golden Member

Thanks Imp. As someone who only speaks Cantonese, it would nice to be able to pick up Mandarin.

6. kleinkinstein

kleinkinstein Senior member

是的,我做的。自學其實羅皮姆斯勒的方案。

7. Imp

Imp Lifer

Bump.

Down to $350.