Rosetta@Home: Stats of the stats

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Hey guys,

I got some trouble with doing my Rosey sats recently. First, I don't get home before 1.30 AM and thus just want to sleep, that's all. But much more serious, the stats script that CyGoR wrote for me isn't working anymore, and it takes about 20 minutes to do the stats by hand. At 1.30 AM, that's 20 minutes too much.

I contaced CyGoR (Marcel) via PM about it, but they guy who replied me, told me, that he isn't Marcel, but somebody else. Now I'm at loss. Either CyGoR has canceled his TA account and somebody else took the same ID (CyGoR) or I don't know what. I have no idea about PHP and writing scripts and such things. In other words, if I can't get in contact with Marcel (CyGoR) again, the daily Rosey stats are as good as dead.

Right now, all the script gives me is an Internal Server Error. If that doesn't change within the next couple of days, I'd say that Marcel just doesn't have access to that server anymore.

Sorry, but that's the current situation.

BMC

PS: Thx for asking Greg, but yes, other than the above, I'm fine.

Neurodog

Jan 11, 2000
No worries!

Thanks for all your work that you've put into giving us our stats.

Neurodog

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
No problem bro, we understand completely! I'll miss the updates, but we'll get by with all the stats sites in the mean time. Thanks once again for all your efforts! :D

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
BMC- The php code can sit on any server, I imagine. Do you have access to the code? I could put it up on my hosted server in the interim... email me as I don't check in here all that often.

Geoff

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Freewolf
Did you try Pming him while all this
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=42&threadid=1941216&enterthread=y
was going on?
If so you might try again as they say they have it fixed now.
Exactly what i was thinking.

Just as an FYI, if you look at my daily SoB stats, that only takes about 5 minutes to do.
You could get some of the same info you're already getting & you can include daily numbers for everyone that produced that day if you wanted.
FreeDC(that's what i use) & BOINC Stats both have sortable lists. Maybe others do too.

Like i said, Just an FYI if your current situation can't be fixed.

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Give me a few days time and I'll try to sort things out ... and thx for the hint with the PM / login problem! I'll contact CyGoR again then! :thumbsup:

Philippart

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2006
I agree with oztrailrider: thanks for all your efforts to deliver us daily rosetta stats till now. Maybe you could do weekly stats instead. That'll save you much time.

Greetings for you and your beautiful wife ;)

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
Looks like CyGoR's server is up and running again, so expect some stats tonight. :thumbsup:

SWEET! :D ......and thanks again bro! :)

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
Originally posted by: BadThad
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
Looks like CyGoR's server is up and running again, so expect some stats tonight. :thumbsup:

SWEET! :D ......and thanks again bro! :)

:beer: to our fearless stats dude ;)

-Sid