Ronald Reagan was the best president of the 20th century

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
I agree that is was illegal; is this the only thing sticking point you have a problem with, or do you think the operation in and of itself was wrong...legality aside. I need to know the ?ills? this policy created, the problem at hand, in order to address this?aside from being illegal, is there anything else about the operation that you do not agree with?

Yea, I like the Constitutional form of government more than a monarchy.

I don't think we should've supplied missiles to Iran, period.

I don't think we should negotiate with terrorists, period.

I don't like being misled and lied to by the king or his men.

I don't like people using money they obtained from selling government property for their own personal benefit, or to deal drugs, or to give the proceeds to foreign mercenaries when the will of the people as expressed by Congress was the opposite, or to fund their own agendas.

I don't like any of the above, whther they were legal or not, of course they were highly illegal, so what is the point of seperating that out ?

cumhail

Apr 1, 2003
I'm no great fan of Reagan... that much, I imagine, is apparent. But these two posts were just plain wrong.

Whatever you think of his politics, his actions, his policies, or anything else, I sincerely doubt he did anything to you, personally, to elicit your making fun of his being stricken with such a terrifying disease... and one that can strike both good people and bad without us fully understanding how or why. I would not wish it upon my worst enemy, let alone someone I have no personal relationship with at all.

Attacking the decisions he's made in politics is one thing... making fun of his being stricken with a disease is another.

cumhail

Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: preslove
The best years of Reagan's presidency came with the onset of alzheimers:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::p

The best years of his entire sorry life.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Aside from his foreign policy I find the influence of Art Laffer and his Supply Side Economic model that was adopted by the Reagan Administration to be ill advised for a Demand Side thinking people. I believe whether we know it or not we are Demand Siders. All economic stimuli should be demand directed thusly and legislation should be protective to enable this reality to flourish. Reagan chose another path and provided a shifting of the wealth at the expense of a majority of his constituents. For this he gets an 'F'!

edit to add an 'a'

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: cumhail
I'm no great fan of Reagan... that much, I imagine, is apparent. But your post was just plain wrong, as was the first reply it inspired.

Whatever you think of his politics, his actions, his policies, or anything else, I sincerely doubt he did anything to you, personally, elicit your making fun of his being stricken with such a terrifying disease... and one that can strike both good people and bad without us fully understanding how or why. I would not wish it upon my worst enemy, let alone someone I have no personal relationship with at all.

Attacking the decisions he's made in politics is one thing... making fun of his being stricken with a disease is another.

cumhail

The best years of Reagan's presidency came with the onset of alzheimers:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::p

well said :beer:

Well...except for that "no great fan of Reagan" thing;)

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Reagan was the worst president in history but since dumbya slimed his way into office he's now the second worst.

He brought nothing to our nation but division and poverty.

The only thing I like about Reagan is the fact that he is now sitting in his diaper drooling on his bib.

When the son of a bitch finally stops wasting taxpayer dollars and drops dead I'm throwing a party.

There are millions of Americans who will do the same.

Gipper my a$$.

A grade B actor and a grade F leader.

Fvck Reagan.

Fvck you TROLL.

CkG

You don't have what it takes to fvck me, pussy.

Trolls aren't allowed here - please go away:)

CkG

Go join your junkie friend Rush in rehab. He'll wind up with as many brain cells misfiring as "The Gipper" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And you're not far behind them.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Whatever you think of his politics, his actions, his policies, or anything else, I sincerely doubt he did anything to you, personally, elicit your making fun of his being stricken with such a terrifying disease... and one that can strike both good people and bad without us fully understanding how or why. I would not wish it upon my worst enemy, let alone someone I have no personal relationship with at all.

Uhm... when the leader of your country is senile, I think it is (1)fvcked up and means something is wrong with the electoral process. (2) funny!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best years of Reagan's presidency came with the onset of alzheimers:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cumhail

Apr 1, 2003
There is a world of difference, preslove, between senility and alzheimers. And if you want to make the argument that he was mentally unfit to do the job, whether as a result of his health, advanced age, or anything else, more power to you. I imagine there may be cases to be made, though I don't personally know enough about exactly when he began displaying symptoms to be able to make any such arguments, myself.

But that's not what you did or are doing. You're making a joke out of a disease... saying that you find his having alzheimers "funny." Do you find it funny to watch those afflicted with parkinsons (Muhammad Ali and Michael J Fox, to name a couple of high profile cases) shaking? Would you find humor in seeing FDR wheelchair-bound by polio? Sorry, but I don't.

In any case... you have a right to find humor in anything you please and it's not for me to tell you what you can and cannot post. I'm just saying that I find this type of "humor" disgusting.

cumhail

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
In any case... you have a right to find humor in anything you please and it's not for me to tell you what you can and cannot post. I'm just saying that I find this type of "humor" disgusting.

Well, I think the results of the horendously self serving policies that were enacted while he was mentally unfit are little more disgusting than a little joke about a president who can't recognize his chief of staff :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
This is a joke right?:confused::frown:

Reagan was a moron in California and a bigger one in DC. Of course DC grows bigger morons than most places:D:D:D:D:D

dukdukgoos

Golden Member
Dec 1, 1999
FDR>TR>JFK>RR

FDR fought and won the greatest conflict in world history. Great times make great men.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: wirelessenabled
This is a joke right?:confused::frown:

Reagan was a moron in California and a bigger one in DC. Of course DC grows bigger morons than most places:D:D:D:D:D

he raised our taxes! :frown: