Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
We constantly hear about RINOs and people who aren’t real Republicans.
Do the people who run the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation count as real Republicans?

They just requested the RNC and Trump Campaign stop using Reagan’s image to raise money. RNC agreed immediately Presidents re-election committee hasn’t as of typing this

As problematic as Reagan was, it's safe to say he'd be ashamed of the Republican Party under Trump.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Frederick J. Ryan Jr., who chairs the Reagan Foundation board, is also publisher and CEO of The Washington Post.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
Most modern day Republicans consider Reagan and anyone like him a far left leaning liberal RINO so there is that inconvenient fact.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
Frederick J. Ryan Jr., who chairs the Reagan Foundation board, is also publisher and CEO of The Washington Post.

Ah, you mean this guy:

(born April 12, 1945) is the publisher and chief executive officer of The Washington Post. He was the president and chief operating officer of Allbritton Communications Company and founding chief executive officer and president of Politico .
Born: Frederick Joseph Ryan Jr., April 12, 1955 (age 64), Tampa, Florida, United States
Nationality: American
Political party: Republican
Spouse(s): Genevieve Ryan

Feb 4, 2009
i assume the reagan foundation can then file suit, and probably more important than complete resolution of the suit itself is an injunction on trump's campaign.

I’ll play Trump:
Fuck you wait for a Court, then I’ll challenge that.

I don’t want to play AT legal expert. I know the law is more forgiving of famous people but it is tough on using their image to promote a product.
I suspect a campaign can use Reagan’s image nearly anyway they choose provided it’s not to sell a product that doesn’t support the campaign.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The Reagan Foundation telling the Trump campaign to stop using Reagan's name to raise $$$ is like the Trump campaign telling the Reagan Foundation not to use his name for their own fundraising.

Trump and Reagan are so alike in so many ways and all of those ways were/are bad for the working class and the poverty stricken. Imagine that, two trickle-downer organizations being self-righteous about the fake image they try to pan off on the very folks they're exploiting for fun and profit with one thinking they're more honorable than the other.

HAH!