Ron Paul's Restore America Plan.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Ron Paul will never win. Americans are still under the illusion that they can have it all. There's no way we can cut programs, we're going to fall into an anarchy if we do!
Meanwhile our debt piles up and our economy collapses, and people wonder why.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
He doesn't need to cut military spending, he would just end our foreign occupations accomplishing the same thing.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
The poor need to be affected. Maybe then their interest in government will extend beyond who's promising to give them more shit they didn't earn.
I tend to agree with this in principle, even though I seem to oppose most proposals with that goal. Nonetheless, I think cutting the Department of Energy would be a bad idea, and I'm certain cutting the Department of the Interior would be a bad idea.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Ron Paul will never win. Americans are still under the illusion that they can have it all. There's no way we can continue to fund programs, we're going to fall into an anarchy if we do!
Meanwhile our debt piles up and our economy collapses, and people wonder why.

I don't wonder why, there's too many idiots that will marginalize Pauls ideas, and then line up to vote for the status quo while crying about ...the status quo.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I tend to agree with this in principle, even though I seem to oppose most proposals with that goal. Nonetheless, I think cutting the Department of Energy would be a bad idea, and I'm certain cutting the Department of the Interior would be a bad idea.

Since the DOE is responsible for the servicing of the US nuclear weapons stockpile (along with the vast amount of research it funds via the National Labs) yea, probably not hot plan. I'd like to keep our nuclear deterrent actually functional (certain components of warheads have a limited shelf life).

Little know fact is that all US nukes are actually the property of the DOE. They are loaned to the military for physical deployment.

Oct 30, 2004
Even if we had the most ideal tax policy, whatever that is, it wouldn't solve our economic problem because the problem is not tax policy, but trade policy and Global Labor Arbitrage. Being a free market dogmatist, Ron Paul wouldn't address the trade and global labor arbitrage issues. Therefore, a Paul Administration would fail just like all of the others will.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Even if we had the most ideal tax policy, whatever that is, it wouldn't solve our economic problem because the problem is not tax policy, but trade policy and Global Labor Arbitrage. Being a free market dogmatist, Ron Paul wouldn't address the trade and global labor arbitrage issues. Therefore, a Paul Administration would fail just like all of the others will.

But, but, I thought he was an isolationist?

NiteWulf

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2003
Since the DOE is responsible for the servicing of the US nuclear weapons stockpile (along with the vast amount of research it funds via the National Labs) yea, probably not hot plan. I'd like to keep our nuclear deterrent actually functional (certain components of warheads have a limited shelf life).

Little know fact is that all US nukes are actually the property of the DOE. They are loaned to the military for physical deployment.

Eliminating the department doesn't mean the nukes get neglected.

Just running things off the top of my head, the nukes could go to the Department of Defense. Eliminating the DoE gets the federal government out of the marketplace, which is a large plank in Paul's platform.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Eliminating the department doesn't mean the nukes get neglected.

Just running things off the top of my head, the nukes could go to the Department of Defense. Eliminating the DoE gets the federal government out of the marketplace, which is a large plank in Paul's platform.

Now you're just being crazy, everybody knows that if we nix the DoE, that the nukes will just be wrapped in a blanket and left on someone's porch.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Military spending should be cut by 90%, along with the rest of his plan. No one is going to invade us when we have enough nukes to turn the world into a parking lot, and we shouldn't be sending troops to meddle in overseas affairs.

I agree with this 100% if we would have used 1/4 of the resources we pissed away in the sandpit from hell we would have some of the best infrastructure of any Nation in the world let alone homeland security.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RestoreAmericaPlan.pdf

He's the only man we can afford to have as our President. He cares so much about the tax payer and society, so why does anyone worry about him wrecking the country? The fact that he has ethics and the others don't should be enough. Why don't ethics matter like they used to?

http://www.therightperspective.org/2011/10/16/ron-paul-vows-1trillion-in-cuts-and-40k-salary/

You could do 200B in SS cuts from means testing (not giving it to people who don't need it), you could reduce the cost of medicare part D by 25B, 5 harmful departments could be eliminated saving 300B, the others could be trimmed by 1/3 and that would save 75B, and we could cut defense spending to 1/3 of what it is and save 300B there. We could cut half of the welfare (corporate and individual) and allow the states to take care of the rest and save 250B right there, and you'd have at least $1T saved from all of that. Selling Federal lands and weapons would reduce the interest payments, so that's less spending there. I'm not saying that's how Dr. Paul is going to cut things, as I don't speak for him, but he'll do it in a perfect way so that the poor won't be adversely affected.

Ron Paul's Do Something Incredibly Stupid Plan of 2011!

We need the Ron Paul Cut Off Anarchist420's Internet Access Plan of 2011.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Anarchist420 links to the plan. I see no evidence of actually discussing the plan anywhere else in this thread. That is sad..

Paul's plan outlines $1T in budget cuts with specifics. Just reading his plan will do a lot for understanding where the money goes in government. His plan projections are compared with Obama's plan.

And yes, he cuts military spending. Anyone that says he does not cut military spending has not even looked at it.

And.. it happens to be an interesting read.. whether you agree with it or not, you know exactly how it would work.

FDF12389

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2005
Anarchist420 links to the plan. I see no evidence of actually discussing the plan anywhere else in this thread. That is sad..

Paul's plan outlines $1T in budget cuts with specifics. Just reading his plan will do a lot for understanding where the money goes in government. His plan projections are compared with Obama's plan.

And yes, he cuts military spending. Anyone that says he does not cut military spending has not even looked at it.

And.. it happens to be an interesting read.. whether you agree with it or not, you know exactly how it would work.

I read it and actually kind of like it. It's really friggen bold, but at least he doesn't appear to be in anyone's pocket.

Oct 30, 2004
But, but, I thought he was an isolationist?

A military isolationist or an economic isolationist? If he does support trade protectionism and limits on immigration, it contradicts his support for capitalism and the free market.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Military spending should be cut by 90%, along with the rest of his plan. No one is going to invade us when we have enough nukes to turn the world into a parking lot, and we shouldn't be sending troops to meddle in overseas affairs.

Know a great way to create jobs? Military contracts. When the debt ceiling raise was announced, and military spending cuts accompanied it, some people were laid off at that point. It likely attributed to how bad August was for jobs.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
It doesn't matter, he won't get elected, period.

Your avatar fits ya.

I thought that also. But The people in my village and area. Are really talking about Ron Paul as being a true American lots of people Even tho there is a news conspirecy against him, and MN is a heavey Dem state . But not like the dems in N. east coast or West coast.

If you disagree with what Paul says in the following link . Sad for you . God gave all men free choice to remove that choice is to go against the greatest gift we got from the Father who ever or whatever the Father is. No man has authority over another NONE. Of course I am speaking about self choice here. You cann't save me from myself if you think differantly your insane.

Watch all 6, Truth is in 08 I repeatedly said to you all have a choice to make . Paul was there but ya were to blind to see the man . Its to little to late . Whats done is done and it will not be undone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6a9549ZeqQ&feature=related

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
A military isolationist or an economic isolationist? If he does support trade protectionism and limits on immigration, it contradicts his support for capitalism and the free market.

Prove every thing ya just said . Because Paul speaks for himself . Either get the links or tell the truth. Had a couple JW knock at the door today talked about 5 min. As the Child was asleep I cut them off . In that 5 mins I believe I converted them as both want to come back and listen to what I have to say.

How can this be . The Holy spirit was mentioned . and I knew I had them . I asked the man . What is the Holy spirit and he said it like I was taught as a Catholic. The power of God was his reply . I lol and he asked whats so amusing. My reply was I thought THE JW didn't believe in the trinity and he said we don't . I said you just repeated dogma for the HRCC. He said how . I said if you don't believe in the trinity than the power of God is Gods. and the holy spirit is God . He asked than what is the spirit of God . I looked softly into his eyes and said the spirit of God is truth. The look on the mans face was like he recieved a revelation . I cut them off at that point . But befor I closed the door the man asked me . Can I come back and talk to you about what you know . I said surely. Than the woman spoke up and said can I also . I said yes . We said good bye and thats it till we meet again I guess.

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Prove every thing ya just said . Because Paul speaks for himself . Either get the links or tell the truth. Had a couple JW knock at the door today talked about 5 min. As the Child was asleep I cut them off . In that 5 mins I believe I converted them as both want to come back and listen to what I have to say.

How can this be . The Holy spirit was mentioned . and I knew I had them . I asked the man . What is the Holy spirit and he said it like I was taught as a Catholic. The power of God was his reply . I lol and he asked whats so amusing. My reply was I thought THE JW didn't believe in the trinity and he said we don't . I said you just repeated dogma for the HRCC. He said how . I said if you don't believe in the trinity than the power of God is Gods. and the holy spirit is God . He asked than what is the spirit of God . I looked softly into his eyes and said the spirit of God is truth. The look on the mans face was like he recieved a revelation .

Did you go in for the kiss?!

I cut them off at that point . But befor I closed the door the man asked me . Can I come back and talk to you about what you know . I said surely. Than the woman spoke up and said can I also . I said yes . We said good bye and thats it till we meet again I guess.

Ah, I see. You're saving it for later, you sly dog. ;)

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Know a great way to create jobs? Military contracts. When the debt ceiling raise was announced, and military spending cuts accompanied it, some people were laid off at that point. It likely attributed to how bad August was for jobs.

Oh yeah, great way to create jobs. We build really expensive bombs, pay a ton of money to support people to fly them around the world and blow stuff up, and then pay the owner of said stuff for the damage to their property. How can we lose?

Please reference glazier's fallacy.... on crack.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Nutty god talk isn't helping your candidate. If he doesn't win the presidency, I'm blaming it on you.

The nutty God talk wasn't about God or religion . It was about the spirit of TRUTH. But not surprising that flew over your head after your last reply . Clearly your mind is in gutter and broken . Paul is speaking the TRUTH. But none want to here it that have power and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Paul is a threat to them to undo everthing that has taken both parties to accomplish over the last 70 years. God bless Paul but to little to late . Were already into the count down . By years.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
The nutty God talk wasn't about God or religion . It was about the spirit of TRUTH. But not surprising that flew over your head after your last reply . Clearly your mind is in gutter and broken . Paul is speaking the TRUTH. But none want to here it that have power and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Paul is a threat to them to undo everthing that has taken both parties to accomplish over the last 70 years. God bless Paul but to little to late . Were already into the count down . By years.

The truth died with god. You'd better get on board with politics if you want your guy to win.