Ron Paul's “South Was Right” Civil War Speech With Confederate Flag

eternalone

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2008
2461kjn.png

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gan...right-civil-war-speech-with-confederate-flag/

Video

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B85TJJyKyKw

Part 2 :Ron Paul talks about secession...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3PZSLjhmA&feature=related

This guy is done.

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Its ok to have an opinion, as long as the opinion is the same as everyone elses?

He's "entitled to his opinion?" That's seriously the best you can do here? The man is running for POTUS. His opinions matter, tremendously. Yeah, he's entitled to his opinion and we're entitled to vote for or against him on the basis of said opinions. And?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Is he really that ignorant? He says that the reason for the Civil War wasn't slavery, his reasoning being that we could have ended slavery by buying freedom for all the slaves... The South started the war by seceding, and the reason they did that was because an anti-slavery president was elected.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
As far as States Rights and Succession the south was right...slavery not so much...but think of it this way...the rich manufacturers just discovered that moving production from a free country to a slave state like China was much simpler and cheaper.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
LOL.

This is hilarious. For one, you right wingers should know that the confederate flag isn't a racist symbol.

I watched and didn't hear him say anything remotely racist. I can go back 4-5 weeks ago and find video of Newt being openly racist. You guys try so hard to discredit Ron Paul while the other candidates simply discredit themselves.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I can think of a few reasons why he'd just about be done. This isn't one of them. It would be positively devastating if he were running for a Democrat nomination, given the majority of African Americans vote for them but Repubs have nothing to lose with such stances. If anything, such discussion would invigorate the party and the South where the majority of GoP support is.

middlehead

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Is he really that ignorant? He says that the reason for the Civil War wasn't slavery, his reasoning being that we could have ended slavery by buying freedom for all the slaves... The South started the war by seceding, and the reason they did that was because an anti-slavery president was elected.

Slavery wasn't the reason for the war, vampires were.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

In case anyone ever tries to trot out the 'Civil War wasn't about slavery' BS, just encourage them to go read the enacted and declared reasons for secession published by the states themselves.

For example, South Carolina:

These ends it endeavored to accomplish by a Federal Government, in which each State was recognized as an equal, and had separate control over its own institutions. The right of property in slaves was recognized by giving to free persons distinct political rights, by giving them the right to represent, and burthening them with direct taxes for three-fifths of their slaves; by authorizing the importation of slaves for twenty years; and by stipulating for the rendition of fugitives from labor.

We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_scarsec.asp

Ron Paul just shows that he knows as little about history as he does about economics. What an idiot.

Aug 14, 2001
Yup, Ron Paul is an idiot. I still laugh when he thinks that the North could have just bought all of the slaves from the South instead of fighting for civil liberties. He's one crazy racist, that's for sure.

eternalone

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2008
Michael Perdue Implicates Ron Paul in White Supremacist Invasion

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gan...-attempted-white-supremacist-island-invasion/

"Ron Paul has never made a statement denying knowledge of the plot despite the fact that he was implicated by Perdue and almost subpoenaed. Two of the people involved in the plot, Don Black and David Duke have gone on to become two of the most prominent white supremacists of the modern era, and also two of Paul’s most controversial supporters."

205rzv9.jpg

Ron Paul with Don Black the owner of KKK site Stormfront posing with paul and supporter of paul.
Remember these guys know each other.

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
What does this prove? The only thing this shows is that his principles have not changed from day one and he is the only candidate that isn't a full of shit sociopath/pathological liar.

States rights for the win.

Jun 26, 2007
Lol. What color is everybody on that website again? Speaking of Racism.

So Ron Paul has a picture with a dude from a white only website. You quote from a black only website about how Ron Paul is racist. Irony.

It's not a "white only website" it's a Neo-Nazist website.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's just that if everyone who supports that site or what they stand for would die it would be an event to celebrate since the world got a bit more intelligent overnight.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
In case anyone ever tries to trot out the 'Civil War wasn't about slavery' BS, just encourage them to go read the enacted and declared reasons for secession published by the states themselves.

For example, South Carolina:

Seceding over slavery does not equate to a war to free slaves.
The war was a consequence of secession and rising tensions that spilled over into blood. It was to save the Union.

Takes dimwits to turn it into some false romanticized version of reality. Illinois itself used to teach the truth of Lincoln and the war, 50 years ago before the vultures had time to twist these facts.

Next thing you know people will tell us WW2 was to stop the holocaust, and in 100-200 years your kin will help make that lie a fact too.

As some last vestige of sanity, perhaps you should check with the man himself:

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume V, "Letter to Horace Greeley" (August 22, 1862), p. 388.

"We think slavery a great moral wrong, and while we do not claim the right to touch it where it exists, we wish to treat it as a wrong in the territories, where our votes will reach it." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume IV, "Speech at New Haven, Connecticut" (March 6, 1860), p. 16.

"Do the people of the South really entertain fears that a Republican administration would, directly, or indirectly, interfere with their slaves, or with them, about their slaves? If they do, I wish to assure you, as once a friend, and still, I hope, not an enemy, that there is no cause for such fears." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume IV, "Letter to Alexander H. Stephens" (December 22, 1860), p. 160.

"I hold it to be a paramount duty of us in the free states, due to the Union of the states, and perhaps to liberty itself (paradox though it may seem) to let the slavery of the other states alone; while, on the other hand, I hold it to be equally clear, that we should never knowingly lend ourselves directly or indirectly, to prevent that slavery from dying a natural death---to find new places for it to live in, when it can no longer exist in the old." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume I, "Letter to Williamson Durley" (October 3, 1845), p. 348.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What does this prove? The only thing this shows is that his principles have not changed from day one and he is the only candidate that isn't a full of shit sociopath/pathological liar.

I like how you think the guy defending the race based slave state is the only one who isn't a sociopath.

Jun 26, 2007

You mean, circumventing the constitution by leaving it entirely up to the states on issues that are adressed in the constitution and by the SC FTW?

Yeah, RP doesn't care about the constitution, he wants to circumvent it entirely by leaving actual rights issues up to the states via popular vote (aka, majority rules), it's nothing but the tyranny of the majority.