Ron Paul to end campaign for President!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...2/ap_on_el_pr/ron_paul

Ron Paul to end campaign outside Texas convention

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul will end his campaign Thursday night and announce a new effort to help elect libertarian-leaning Republicans to public office around the country.

Campaign spokesman Jesse Benton said the announcement, expected during a rally coinciding with the Texas GOP State Convention in Houston, was "not a disappointment at all. I think this is really exciting."

Paul's announcement will be a formality.

The 72-year-old Texas congressman won few delegates during the Republican primaries. But he raised millions of dollars online and developed a large, grass-roots following among those who backed his call for ending the war in Iraq and smaller government at home.

Supporters have pushed for a speaking role for him at the Republican National Convention in September in St. Paul, Minn.

Paul has said he won't endorse Sen. John McCain, the likely GOP presidential nominee. Benton said that was unlikely to change.

Wow! Despite leading by huge margins in the internet polls and especially polls here in this forum Paul is dropping out!
WTF? I know the polls were fair and represented the actual support for Ron Paul because his supporters told me so in hundreds of posts right in this forum.
Is Ron Paul insane to drop out with such large support?

Well, at least we won't be seeing any more Ron Paul "moneybomb" threads.
For that, I am thankful

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: techs

Wow! Despite leading by huge margins in the internet polls and especially polls here in this forum Paul is dropping out!
WTF? I know the polls were fair and represented the actual support for Ron Paul because his supporters told me so in hundreds of posts right in this forum.

For that, I am thankful

Physician, heal theyself. You are the same person who said, ad nauseum, that Hilary had the Democratic nomination locked up and that Obama should withdraw from the race. You simply have no credibility with which to mock Paul supporters IMO.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
I'd take Ron Paul over any of the current candidate. If I vote, I will write in his name.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: SSSnail
I'd take Ron Paul over any of the current candidate. If I vote, I will write in his name.

See, that's not gonna change anything. At least vote for Barr. If the LP party can get enough votes, then it sends a solid message to the Republican party.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Dear Supporter,

These past 17 months have been among the most exciting and eventful of my life. Together you and I delivered a message of freedom the likes of which American politics had not seen in decades. I wasn?t sure the country was ready for it. But it was a message, I discovered, that many Americans had been waiting for a long time to hear.

I have been blessed with the most informed, well read, and enthusiastic supporters of any presidential campaign. Your extraordinary efforts in organizing and fundraising grabbed the attention of millions of Americans and shocked just about everyone in politics and the media. I still cannot get over all the fantastic work you did.

Something of great significance has just occurred in our country?s history.

With the primary season now over, the presidential campaign is at an end. But the larger campaign for freedom is just getting started. Therefore, I am happy to announce the official launch of the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty.

The work of the Campaign for Liberty will take many forms. We will educate our fellow Americans in freedom, sound money, non-interventionism, and free markets. We?ll have our own commentaries and videos on the news of the day. I?ll work with friends I respect to design materials for homeschoolers.

Politically, we?ll expand the great work of our precinct leader program. We?ll make our presence felt at every level of government, where just a few people with our level of enthusiasm can make a world of difference. We?ll keep an eye on Congress and lobby against legislation that threatens us. We?ll identify and support political candidates who champion our great ideas against the empty suits the party establishments offer the public.

We will be a permanent presence on the American political landscape. That I promise you. We?re not about to let all this good work die. To the contrary, with your help we?re going to make it grow ? by leaps and bounds.

This is the most ambitious venture of my political career, and I think it can achieve great things. But I can?t do this alone. I need you to help me. I need your energy, your creativity, your ideas, and your dedication.

People frustrated with our political system often wonder what they can do. I have founded this organization to answer that question, to give people the opportunity to do something that really makes a difference in the fight for freedom. Please join me by becoming a member of the Campaign for Liberty. Our goal is 100,000 members by September. Can we reach it?

Our campaign netted 1.1 million votes in the primaries of a shrinking Republican Party. Millions more support us. I need you to help me reach them ? and to keep making new converts to the cause. What a force we can be, if only we rise to the occasion.

Now what about the Republican Convention in St. Paul? Our delegates will attend, of course, and I expect our contingent to have a visible presence there. Without disruption, we will do whatever we can to influence the party and its platform, and return the GOP to its limited-government roots. This is very important.

This brings me to my second announcement. I invite you to join us at Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota on Tuesday, September 2nd, for a grand rally. We intend to draw over 11,000 people. We?ll have live music and entertainment, and special guests. I?ll address you all as well. A massive rally will generate still more interest in our ideas. And what a great time it will be.

Remember that it was Senator Robert Taft, who shared our views, who was called Mr. Republican. But we are not merely the Republican Party?s past. If the enthusiasm of young people for our campaign is any indication, we are also its future.

Right now I will need your patience and input as we develop our program and assemble just the right team of individuals. But it is my intention to launch the Campaign for Liberty in its full capacity at our rally in Minneapolis this September.

Over the past week we?ve learned that the Democratic presidential nominee, supposedly an antiwar candidate, is committed to the same rhetoric, the same propaganda, and the same aggressive intentions toward Iran as the Bush administration. As usual, the major parties refuse to offer Americans a real choice.

The Campaign for Liberty will lay the groundwork for a different America, the kind of America you and I, and millions of our fellow countrymen, want to inhabit.

?Dr. Paul cured my apathy,? a popular campaign sign read. Others said our campaign cured their cynicism. We have now reached a moment of great moral decision: will we let ourselves retreat into apathy and cynicism once again, or will we dig in for the long haul and fight all the harder? Will we retire from the scene quietly, or will we give the establishment the fight of its life?

?In the final analysis,? I wrote in my new book The Revolution: A Manifesto, ?the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves. If the people want to be free, if they want to lift themselves out from underneath a state apparatus that threatens their liberties, squanders their resources on needless wars, destroys the value of their dollar, and spews forth endless propaganda about how indispensable it is and how lost we would all be without it, there is no force that can stop them.?

The time has come to act on these words. May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country.

Join us, and be a part of it.

For liberty,

Ron Paul

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: bamacre

See, that's not gonna change anything. At least vote for Barr. If the LP party can get enough votes, then it sends a solid message to the Republican party.

Ya, 'shift some of the marketing messages to address the Libertarians'.

Change the policies? Ha.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How's your candidate doing techs? Oh that's right, the evil bitch is done for. Thank god, I couldn't take another one of your cheerleading threads.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Barr is terrible though. How the hell does a homophobic Drug Warrior get the LP nod?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: BoberFett

Barr is terrible though. How the hell does a homophobic Drug Warrior get the LP nod?

:laugh:

I dunno.

If I thought he could actually win, I wouldn't vote for him. :D

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

For that, I am thankful

I never figured you to BE A Coward or a SUCKER who would keep voting for the same old tired liars OVER AND OVER AND OVER

You really think Democrats and Republicans are so much different that they really care about AMERICA

They
BOTH voted for the War
Allowed Gitmo to stay open
Didn't bring down Gonzalez and others who allowed TORTURE to happen IN YOUR NAME
Both BANKRUPTED America and the middle class housing
on and on and on...

Go ahead retards.. vote for Dem or Rep.. basically the same thing

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
What ever happened to the big get together to go protest in Washington? Did he ever do that or was that just talk talk talk?

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...2/ap_on_el_pr/ron_paul

:confused: Why would he do such a thing? He's clearly the frontrunner to be the president.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
The way I see it, if Ron Paul gets enough votes, he'll leave the GOP and actually change something because he'll be POTUS. He'll have a much better chance at being POTUS than anyone from LP.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
HaHa! Even now the Paulbots won't admit the internet polls were botted, or influenced by a campaign to get people to vote for Paul, etc.
Which is one reason Paul NEVER had a chance. Who in their right mind would support a candidate who appealed to such fanatic cheaters and liars? Ron Pauls SUPPORTERS killed any chance he might have had. And Paul himself was complicit by never once asking his supporters not to bot the polls, or admitting his internet poll support was not accurate.
We NEVER would have supported such obvious lieing and cheating and therefore, as they say, Paul was hoisted on his own petard.
And might I add Paul DISGUSTS me for not speaking out against the internet poll swamping. He really seems totally disgraceful as human being.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Cheers to those who embrace Ron Paul's vision of strengthening the dollar, fiscal responsiblity, bringing our troops home, and stopping endless wars such as Iraq. RP made a larger impact than his peers such as Romney, Huckabee, and Guiliani. He smacked down many of these so called "Republican" posers like McCain in the debates. It was refreshing to see someone who fights for the very principles (Constitution) this country was founded on.

/salute to Ron Paul

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Originally posted by: dahunan

I never figured you to BE A Coward or a SUCKER who would keep voting for the same old tired liars OVER AND OVER AND OVER

You really think Democrats and Republicans are so much different that they really care about AMERICA

They
BOTH voted for the War
Didn't bring down Gonzalez and others who allowed TORTURE to happen IN YOUR NAME
on and on and on...

:thumbsup::beer: The sheep will figure it out, probably after its too late.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: brandonb
Originally posted by: dahunan

They
BOTH voted for the War
on and on and on...

:thumbsup::beer: The sheep will figure it out, probably after its too late.

No they won't, and it's already too late. It was too late before your grandparents were even born.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

He's done a 180 on drugs:

Text

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
HaHa! Even now the Paulbots won't admit the internet polls were botted, or influenced by a campaign to get people to vote for Paul, etc.
Which is one reason Paul NEVER had a chance. Who in their right mind would support a candidate who appealed to such fanatic cheaters and liars? Ron Pauls SUPPORTERS killed any chance he might have had. And Paul himself was complicit by never once asking his supporters not to bot the polls, or admitting his internet poll support was not accurate.
We NEVER would have supported such obvious lieing and cheating and therefore, as they say, Paul was hoisted on his own petard.
And might I add Paul DISGUSTS me for not speaking out against the internet poll swamping. He really seems totally disgraceful as human being.

So you're against liars and cheaters but support Clinton? Wow.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
The way I see it, if Ron Paul gets enough votes, he'll leave the GOP and actually change something because he'll be POTUS. He'll have a much better chance at being POTUS than anyone from LP.

Paul will never be President. He's 72 now, and although he's in good shape, I don't see him running again.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

So you're against liars and cheaters but support Clinton? Wow.

:laugh: :laugh: