Ron Paul launches his own curriculum

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
God this is going to be a hilarious thread lol

http://www.ronpaulcurriculum.com/

Following in the footsteps of such websites as http://www.libertyclassroom.com/ and other initiatives, former Congressman and Presidential candidate Ron Paul launches his own curriculum to better educate American youth on the Liberty agenda and pro free market economic principles.

While I will not be signing up for this, I see now where Paul is focusing his efforts. I was wondering how he would continue his liberty agenda which became clear after his huge rallies at college campuses around the country.

Not a fan of the website design and think it should just be rolled up into the Liberty Classroom but good for him for trying something I guess /shrug, he certainly could not continue to do what he was doing during the campaign.

Apr 27, 2012
Good for Ron Paul. We need more people like Ron Paul to teach Americans about liberty and the free market. Its such a shame that our schools wont teach this.

Jan 25, 2011
So has Paul set up his own accreditation organization to certify himself, as he did with his medical practice?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

I don't see that much wrong with that tbh. What does accreditation even mean in the context of high schools? I'd imagine that the public schools I would have attended in high school had I not been homeschooled were accredited by somebody, even though those schools rank among the worst performing of all school districts. It all comes down to what kind of curriculum he's emphasizing and the ability of parents to teach it and/or children to teach themselves.

EDIT: That said, he does cite an apparently-Creationist dude as being involved in their science curriculum, and I know that the UC system automatically turned down homeschooled applicants taught along those lines (IIRC they were sued but I'm not sure if that was successful).

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What's the term the right likes to use for this sort of stunt? Indoctrination?

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
What's the term the right likes to use for this sort of stunt? Indoctrination?

Not exactly, it's not forced on people.

I am not fond of this direction he is taking but he can do what he wants so.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Not exactly, it's not forced on people.

I am not fond of this direction he is taking but he can do what he wants so.

tbh it's definitely forced on the students, whether or not the parents have a choice, at least as much as religion is forced on children.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
My high school was accredited by a private association of private schools. What's Ron Paul's problem with accreditation again?

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Looks like they're trying to scam homeschool parents into buying some ebooks.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Looks like they're trying to scam homeschool parents into buying some ebooks.

2vcjl0y.jpg

This doesn't look like it's on the up and up?

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Good for Ron Paul. We need more people like Ron Paul to teach Americans about liberty and the free market. Its such a shame that our schools wont teach this.
They probably mention it but the students don't listen. Nobody listens to the really important things. WW1 was the most important war in the last 500 years but you probably can't find 1 person who can explain it.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I don't see that much wrong with that tbh. What does accreditation even mean in the context of high schools? I'd imagine that the public schools I would have attended in high school had I not been homeschooled were accredited by somebody, even though those schools rank among the worst performing of all school districts. It all comes down to what kind of curriculum he's emphasizing and the ability of parents to teach it and/or children to teach themselves.

EDIT: That said, he does cite an apparently-Creationist dude as being involved in their science curriculum, and I know that the UC system automatically turned down homeschooled applicants taught along those lines (IIRC they were sued but I'm not sure if that was successful).

why don't you ask the parents of the Kansas City, MO students, which lost accreditation a couple of years ago because they were so bad.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
why don't you ask the parents of the Kansas City, MO students, which lost accreditation a couple of years ago because they were so bad.

How does that affect the students? If anything it would seem to me that if you took two students with identical standardized exam scores, extracurriculars, etc, the only difference being that one came from an unaccredited and crappy high school and the other from an accredited and well-funded high school, the guy from the crap school would be better off. It's not the same thing as graduating from an unaccredited university and hoping to get a competitive job, unless maybe you're applying for one of the top universities in the country.

Apr 27, 2012
They probably mention it but the students don't listen. Nobody listens to the really important things. WW1 was the most important war in the last 500 years but you probably can't find 1 person who can explain it.

The problem is that they dont teach about it enough and usually put it to the side but your definitely right about WWI. These students dont care about anything unless its Facebook.

Tell them that the government can lock them up indefinitely and barely anything from them but tell them the government wants to ban Facebook and they are outraged.

These kids dont have their priorities straight.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
It seems like he would be careful with his brand after the newsletters. I don't see why he doesn't follow Michael Jordan's lead and license shoes and clothes. I think he'd sell more Ron Paul Liberty Sneakers than he will curriculums.

I bet Ron Paul Liberty Bongs would be a hit too.

2vcjl0y.jpg

This doesn't look like it's on the up and up?

I have been wanting to learn how to standards.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
It seems like he would be careful with his brand after the newsletters. I don't see why he doesn't follow Michael Jordan's lead and license shoes and clothes. I think he'd sell more Ron Paul Liberty Sneakers than he will curriculums.

I bet Ron Paul Liberty Bongs would be a hit too.

I have been wanting to learn how to standards.

I'm disappointed to be honest. The website is terrible and the entire going about all of it is just wrong. If this is what he wanted to do he should have spoken with Tom Woods of Liberty Classroom and worked something out.

He would have been better suited to just do online video conferences and discussion with like minded young adults and liberty focused individuals. Still do speaking tours in colleges in the Summer months, etc.

It almost seems like (yet again) he was naive enough to allow other people to take his popularity and try to do something with it who have no idea what they are doing. Anyone could have done a better website and put much more needed focus into something like this for free probably if it was budgeted by supporter donations.

Still, I am sure Incorruptible and Anarchist420 will eat this shit up in spades. I'll stick with the Liberty Classroom and keep an open mind.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
In what way is it necessary?
It's part of the game of life. You play along to get along. Fighting against the system means your kid can't get into university because his education is not accredited.

Do an experiment of what happens when you try to be a rebel. Get out there and try practicing medicine without a license. You might be a fantastic doctor but you'll still get in big trouble because you're not part of the system.