Ron Paul for President

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
No, he will try to implement the will of Ron Paul. Unfortunately the will of Ron Paul involves a lot of batshit crazy ideas. People try to ignore just how nutty he is because they find his sincerity and uncompromising nature appealing.

If he ever had to run a real campaign his opponent would bury him under a pile of his own batshit crazy ideas and he would lose in a Goldwateresque landslide.

Could you list a few of his "batshit crazy ideas". I'm honestly interested as I am not familiar and woud like to know them before I cast my vote his way and end up regretting it. So far of what I have read, I have not seen these crazy ideas...but I am far from well read on the subject.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
No, he will try to implement the will of Ron Paul. Unfortunately the will of Ron Paul involves a lot of batshit crazy ideas. People try to ignore just how nutty he is because they find his sincerity and uncompromising nature appealing.

If he ever had to run a real campaign his opponent would bury him under a pile of his own batshit crazy ideas and he would lose in a Goldwateresque landslide.

Thats not how it works anyways, congress still crafts the laws, he isn't going to turn things around if the people aren't up congresses ass to do so!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I've never donated to a politician in my life. He gets a donation for me every time he has a money bomb. He consistently raises millions over night without courting the 1%

He is the real deal.
- Only veteran candidate, highest % active duty donations
- PHD
- Decades of experience
- Isn't in anyone's pocket
-Only candidate proposing significant spending CUTS..
- does not flip flop
- only candidate with a legitamate track record to prove a strong conviction in small government and REAL fiscal conservatism.

On paper he has no competition. Who is rigging this election then?

Those are the things you think make him a good candidate?

- Who cares who the military is donating to?
- Basically every candidate has as doctoral degree.
- Most economists think spending cuts are a terrible idea right now.
- Doesn't flip flop? Oh good, we really need someone who never changes his mind.
- He has insane anti-fed ideas, he's a gold bug, and he has a view of government that almost no one in America shares. (people like the concept of small government, but hate the specifics of it)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Thats not how it works anyways, congress still crafts the laws, he isn't going to turn things around if the people aren't up congresses ass to do so!

The idea that we should elect someone with cartoonishly horrible ideas because Congress might stop him is not encouraging.

When are you going to wake up to just how childish and terrible Ron Paul's ideas really are?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Does he believe in universal single payer government heath care and a military style free doctorate education in exchange for 10 year military pay and medical service to the nation, with lower tier education for nursed of a similar nature plus government clinics in rural areas?

Does he believe that for profit corporations should be kicked off the public airwaves and replaced by educational programming.

Does he believe that the government is responsible for insuring that everybody has a job?

If not, fuck him.

Last edited:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

That's just a flat out wrong representation of Ron Paul supporters. His supporters aren't ignoring the substance of his arguments and just looking at how long he has been saying it. They first listened to his arguments and then were amazed at how consistent his argument has been through the years.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Those are the things you think make him a good candidate?

- Who cares who the military is donating to? (I think it speaks volumes about who the troops want as commander in chief)

- Basically every candidate has as doctoral degree. (Like who?)

- Most economists think spending cuts are a terrible idea right now. (so your proposing the alternate, the solution to debt is more debt? Lol!!!!!!)

- Doesn't flip flop? Oh good, we really need someone who never changes his mind. (thats called conviction, its actuall an admirable attribute especially in a leader and politician, the worst leaders are the ones that can't make of their more mind or keep changing course)

- He has insane anti-fed ideas, he's a gold bug, and he has a view of government that almost no one in America shares. (people like the concept of small government, but hate the specifics of it)

LOL @ Defending the fed. lulz.

Last edited:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
The idea that we should elect someone with cartoonishly horrible ideas because Congress might stop him is not encouraging.

When are you going to wake up to just how childish and terrible Ron Paul's ideas really are?

Might want to hold on to some of those adjectives, you may run out and be left having to actually argue against his plans instead of throwing around nonsense.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's just a flat out wrong representation of Ron Paul supporters. His supporters aren't ignoring the substance of his arguments and just looking at how long he has been saying it. They first listened to his arguments and then were amazed at how consistent his argument has been through the years.

I'm glad that Ron Paul has been consistent in his terrible ideas for years.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Does he believe in universal single payer government heath care and a military style free doctorate education in exchange for 10 year military pay and medical service to the nation, with lower tier education for nursed of a similar nature plus government clinics in rural areas?

Does he believe that for profit corporations should be kicked off the public airwaves and replaced by educational programming.

Does he believe that the government is responsible for insuring that everybody has a job?

If not, fuck him.

States rights. Fuck you.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Might want to hold on to some of those adjectives, you may run out and be left having to actually argue against his plans instead of throwing around nonsense.

Arguing against his plans is easy.

1.) He has a view on a large number of American governmental programs that are extremely unpopular in the general electorate. ie: he wants to do things the rest of us don't want to do.

2.) His economic ideas come from a school of economics that is noted for its lack of scientific rigor. These ideas would likely cause huge economic damage if ever put into practice.

I always find it funny that people want to move back to the gold standard (or some other commodity based currency) and they use examples like Greece to show why we should do it. They of course miss the fact that one of the reasons Greece is having so many problems right now is that for them the Euro is a de facto gold standard.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I'm glad that Ron Paul has been consistent in his terrible ideas for years.

See what Ron Paul does? He makes the media, liberals and misguided conservatives foam at the mouth. Keep em coming. Maybe even think of a new slur for gold enthusiasts.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
See what Ron Paul does? He makes the media, liberals and misguided conservatives foam at the mouth. Keep em coming. Maybe even think of a new slur for gold enthusiasts.

How am I foaming at the mouth? I just said his ideas were bad. The only time I ever remember Ron Paul even exists is through internet people, in the rest of the world he is totally irrelevant.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
How am I foaming at the mouth? I just said his ideas were bad. The only time I ever remember Ron Paul even exists is through internet people, in the rest of the world he is totally irrelevant.

lol. yet you failed to state a single specific thing you disagree with him on and why. Do you even know anything? Have you paid a visit to his website? Listened to him in the debates(oh nevermind they only give him talking time at a ration of 50:1)

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Eskimopy:

Keep it simple yes or no:

Do you believe in states rights?

Do you believe in Smaller government?

Do you believe in more debt(spending) will get you out of debt?

Are you a fiscal conservative?

Do you believe in individual freedom to choose?

Do you believe debt is actually a hidden tax?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Don't any of you RP supporters realize that if his ideas were so great, more people would support him? If they resonated with the majority of the populace he'd be in the lead. He's not.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
When nutbags support you... it's time to call it quits.

proof positive that Ron Paul should never run for president.

Hey guyver. Tell us who you're going to vote for so we can laugh at you.

Don't any of you RP supporters realize that if his ideas were so great, more people would support him? If they resonated with the majority of the populace he'd be in the lead. He's not.

The thing about that is that alot of people are simply ignorant. He has been in the lead all year, which other front runners like Bachman, Perry, and Romney have been pushed back in order for main stream media to push their new front runner who is a black businessmen who used to work for the federal reserve.

I'm guessing alot of his detractors hear him talk about the federal reserve and think he's nuts because they think that the federal reserve is a government agency. None of the other candidates have Ron Pauls track record.

But please. Instead of posting generic things like ' ron paul is nuts' please give some specifics so that you sound even a bit credible.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Again, I'm interested in his horrible ideas. Can you list a few? I'm genuinely interested.

Sure!

1.) Return to the gold standard or other commodity based currency. (he thinks paper money is unconstitutional, hahahaha)
2.) Is against UHC.
3.) Is a global warming denier.
4.) Is an evolution doubter.
5.) Is anti-abortion.

I could go on, but I don't feel like writing any more on someone who really doesn't matter.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Arguing against his plans is easy.

1.) He has a view on a large number of American governmental programs that are extremely unpopular in the general electorate. ie: he wants to do things the rest of us don't want to do.

2.) His economic ideas come from a school of economics that is noted for its lack of scientific rigor. These ideas would likely cause huge economic damage if ever put into practice.

I always find it funny that people want to move back to the gold standard (or some other commodity based currency) and they use examples like Greece to show why we should do it. They of course miss the fact that one of the reasons Greece is having so many problems right now is that for them the Euro is a de facto gold standard.

1. We'll have to see about that - but I'll leave you to your convictions.

2. The economic establishment did a real good job on you. 1 point for them.

-Governments that require monopoly control of the currency and somewhat the money supply (banks have just as much if not more control of the money supply depending on the economic conditions) are governments that you don't even want in the first place. Requiring control of the money means that deficit spending has no check as the debt can always be allowed to grow. Negative effects of this is a collapse (hyperinflation or debt deflation) or just high and rising unemployment because competing currencies gain more and more control as your deficit goes up.

Representing Greece is an obvious attempt to let slide all the government deficits and pin it all on the currency in an attempt to discredit a gold standard.