Ron Paul for preisdent 2008!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
There are two aspects to consider here. Domestic policy and foreign policy. Domestically I am libertarian and adamantly oppose increases in taxation and government. This includes opposing the Patriot Act.

However, Ron Paul and I could not be more polar opposite on foreign policy. On this side of politics he sounds like the far left of the Democratic Party where as I know no one to my right on these issues. I am of the mindset of WW2 and the civil war eras, vouching for total war and unwavering forceful demand for victory and security over the threats out there.

While I?d love to find someone I agree with domestically, we?re in the beginning of a global war and when I saw Ron Paul on the debate I crossed him off my list. There?s no way I could ever cast a vote for him.

Good, the Libertarian movement needs fewer morons such as yourself. The government does a sh*tty job at things such as running public schools. What makes you so sure they can go invading any country it pleases and install democracies which is infinitely harder than running a public school? Want to know why our security is so bad? It's because we stick our noses where it doesn't belong. Even a 5 year old knows that every time you take an action, there's going to be a reaction.

A pacifist, who?ll let anyone come along and slit their throats. You may subjugate yourself to foreign militant ideologies; I intend to advocate something more natural. Perhaps before you object to our government raising a military to deal with foreign fighters, you should read up on the basic purposes of a government.

As for every action having an equal and opposite reaction. Where is our reaction to having war declared on us? That is what you stand against and what I stand for.

If the libertarian party is to be a bunch of small government liberals then you?re right, I shall have nothing to do with it.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Good luck...

This guy isn't gonna make it ... Not enough money and no power....

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
To: Republican National Committee

Date May 11, 2007

To the Republican National Committee,

WHEREAS, Michigan party chairman Saul Anuzis has announced a petition of Republican National Committee members asking the Republican National Committee to bar Congressman Ron Paul from future debates due to Congressman Paul?s comments in the second Republican presidential debate that Mr. Anuzis characterizes as "off the wall and out of whack";

WHEREAS, the terrorist motivation comments made by Congressman Paul are, at minimum, supported by the following:

The 911 Commission Report: During the 9/11 Commission hearings, Vice Chair Lee Hamilton asked, "What motivated them to do it?" FBI Special Agent James Fitzgerald answered, "I believe they feel a sense of outrage against the United States. They identify with the Palestinian problem, they identify with people who oppose repressive regimes, and I believe they tend to focus their anger on the United States." 9/11 Commission testimony June 16, 2004

One of the countless expert CIA statements: Former CIA Bin Laden Unit Chief Michael Scheuer has bluntly stated, "The politicians really are at great fault for not squaring with the American people. We're being attacked for what we do in the Islamic world, not for who we are or what we believe in or how we live." Lou Dobbs CNN

Osama Bin Laden statement: In response to President George W. Bush?s statement in an Address to a Joint Session of Congress and to the American People, "They hate ... a democratically elected government. ... They hate our freedoms -- our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other,?

Bin Laden in a video response stated, "The White House (is) hiding the truth ... the reality is that we are striking them because of their evil and injustice in the whole of the Islamic World, especially in Iraq and Palestine and their occupation of the Land of the Two Holy Sanctuaries (Arabian Peninsula)."

WHEREAS, Congressman Paul?s statements concerning the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Education spoke to Congressman Paul?s position of reforming and streamlining both organizations to make them more efficient while lessening the expense burden on the U.S. taxpayer ? a true conservative Republican position;

WHEREAS, Congressman Paul represents traditional, conservative republican values more so than any Republican candidate;

WHEREAS, the Republican party is losing membership to other parties due to the abandonment of the traditional, conservative republican platform;

WHEREAS, registered Republican voters and American citizens desire to hear Congressman Paul?s message on these issues and others in his bid for president;

BE IT DECLARED, that the undersigned request the Republican National Committee to support fair election procedures, as well as the views and desires of its members and American citizens, by allowing Congressman Ron Paul full participation in all future debates and election events as a Republican National Committee candidate.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

SIGN THE PETITION HERE (and please pass it along)