Ron DeSantis continues the Republican whitewash of issues like discrimination, race and this country's history.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That's right just label everything CRT and use that as a precedent to outlaw its teaching. That's right if it makes white people uncomfortable, cancel it.

No more teaching about MLK, states turning fire hoses and dogs on its citizens, redlining, slavery, Jim Crow laws, the Tulsa Race Massacre, the Tuskegee syphilis experiments, segregation.

Just cancel out everything this country has done to black people because whitey will be upset.

In another thread, @pcgeek11 asked what's the big deal banning CRT in Virginia. It's shit like this.

Ron DeSantis Invokes MLK to Justify Bill Banning Anything That Causes White 'Discomfort' (msn.com)

If enacted, educators and employers could face a barrage of lawsuits should they deign to teach students or train employees about issues like discrimination, or really almost anything from our nation’s, uh, totally un-racist history.
The bill, called “Individual Freedom” (lol), specifically targets what Republicans have taken to calling “critical race theory,” which, in their mind, is any acknowledgement of race or racism. In reality, critical race theory is a multilayered framework often taught in law schools that considers all of the often coded ways that racism remains embedded in American laws and systems.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
That's right just label everything CRT and use that as a precedent to outlaw its teaching. That's right if it makes white people uncomfortable, cancel it.

No more teaching about MLK, states turning fire hoses and dogs on its citizens, redlining, slavery, Jim Crow laws, the Tulsa Race Massacre, the Tuskegee syphilis experiments, segregation.

Just cancel out everything this country has done to black people because whitey will be upset.

In another thread, @pcgeek11 asked what's the big deal banning CRT in Virginia. It's shit like this.

Ron DeSantis Invokes MLK to Justify Bill Banning Anything That Causes White 'Discomfort' (msn.com)
For context in the thread you bring up: You said that they are not teaching CRT in the Schools. In VA they banned teaching CRT in schools. I said that if they aren't teaching it anyway it doesn't make any difference.

I don't have any issue teaching Factual History. When they are teaching Whitey Evil Classes then that is another topic.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
For context in the thread you bring up: You said that they are not teaching CRT in the Schools. In VA they banned teaching CRT in schools. I said that if they aren't teaching it anyway it doesn't make any difference.

I don't have any issue teaching Factual History. When they are teaching Whitey Evil Classes then that is another topic.
But that is just it. Its not a topic.

Your argument that if it isnt being taught then there is no harm in banning it is fucked in the brain.

By banning it they're creating the FALSE narrative that they WERE teaching it... So they can sell it on Fox and so that Fox can deepthroat it on YOU.. And look with this bullshit... IT WORKED.
Congratufuckinglations for being North Korea level gullible.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Is any school teaching this?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
But that is just it. Its not a topic.

Your argument that if it isnt being taught then there is no harm in banning it is fucked in the brain.

By banning it they're creating the FALSE narrative that they WERE teaching it... So they can sell it on Fox and so that Fox can deepthroat it on YOU.. And look with this bullshit... IT WORKED.
Congratufuckinglations for being North Korea level gullible.
But hey, VA can do what they want (geeks argument), Who cares if we ban facts with arguments missing facts. It's all about conservatives feels, projection never felt so right.

Reactions: DaaQ

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What’s funny is that only a few years ago conservatives were mocking ideas like this for college students as them being ‘snowflakes’. At least college is optional, instead the entire state of Florida is becoming snowflakes.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
But hey, VA can do what they want (geeks argument), Who cares if we ban facts with arguments missing facts. It's all about conservatives feels, projection never felt so right.
Hey. The Nazis can do what they want over there. Its none of my business.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

LOL. Go back and read more.

"I don't have any issue teaching Factual History. When they are teaching Whitey Evil Classes then that is another topic. "

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
LOL. Go back and read more.

"I don't have any issue teaching Factual History. When they are teaching Whitey Evil Classes then that is another topic. "
Quick question - if a class taught that the south enslaved black people for the pursuit of personal enrichment based on the idea that blacks are naturally inferior and deserved enslavement and then violently rebelled against people who tried to stop them would you consider that ‘factual history’ or ‘whitey evil’?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Feel free to post which district teaches that. Therein lies the goal. Republicans want to change history, wiping out this country's past along with the denial of the present all based on another big lie.

Republicans live off big lies such as

Sharia Law
CRT
Obama born in Kenya
2020 election was stolen from Trump

Do you have any issues with what DeSantis is attempting?

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

Huh? I'm seriously confused. Do you actually think at that at any level where actual CRT is being taught (be it college, high school, whatever) they are teaching that white people are intrinsically evil?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Huh? I'm seriously confused. Do you actually think at that at any level where actual CRT is being taught (be it college, high school, whatever) they are teaching that white people are intrinsically evil?
Nah it's just intellectual laziness that's always on display along with a healthy dose of being forced to look in a mirror.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
He likely thinks that because Tucker or Hannity told him. Absent any links to prove his point.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

This bit of late 1970's Bay Area punk comes to mind.

Noh Mercy was a fixture of the San Francisco punk scene for a few years in the late 1970s. They are a female duo, featuring Tony Hotel on drums and Esmerelda as the lead singer.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He likely thinks that because Tucker or Hannity told him. Absent any links to prove his point.
Pcgeek probably doesn’t watch fox just like greenman doesn’t either, however they like a lot of “sane” conservatives, suffer from the same mentality as the Germans that supported the nazis, if it doesn’t affect them then they couldn’t care less. So long as it’s not “them” that’s being discriminated against or treated unfairly, or targeted in negative ways, they don’t care. However they vote based on the fear that whatever policies democrats are coming up with will affect them.

They are the same people who call other people sheeple while simultaneously participating in unjust behavior justified by, “I was just doing what I was told”. They are good soldiers but not good for much else.

ASK THE COMMUNITY