Romney will fight marijuana legalization 'Tooth and Nail'

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
just think of all the opportunities the libTards have had to legalize your precious dope yet it's still illegal.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
It is to me.

then i have to say you are a idiot. do you really think Obama is going to be any better? LOL so far he sure in the hell hasn't. in fact he has been worse. he is just willing to lie to you about it.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Unless marijuana is legalized by the federal government it will not matter what the states do. In order to bid/win government contracts, work for the government, receive commercial licenses, or work on any projects/facilities that are regulated by the DOT (pipelines, oil/chemical refining....) you will need to either prove drug testing is in place or pass a drug test as an individual to do so.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Unless marijuana is legalized by the federal government it will not matter what the states do. In order to bid/win government contracts, work for the government, receive commercial licenses, or work on any projects/facilities that are regulated by the DOT (pipelines, oil/chemical refining....) you will need to either prove drug testing is in place or pass a drug test as an individual to do so.

agreed.

no matter what the states do the Fed government trumps it.

I am pro MMJ. to bad neither are for it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Marijuana is an anti-capitalism drug, like real Christianity and Islam. It makes you happy with what you have. This is why we have synthetic marijuana and phony Christianity and Islam. Happy people don't buy shit and can't be manipulated by greed.

But a sea change is coming to humanity everywhere as the disease of acquisition destroys life on earth, a back to nature sustainability movement springing up everywhere.

Doubtless, marijuana and real religion will find a place someday. The mushroom too, I guess, because I hear that's were the divine first appeared.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
But a sea change is coming to humanity everywhere as the disease of acquisition destroys life on earth, a back to nature sustainability movement springing up everywhere.

Naw, there have always been little clusters of pseudo-enlightened that think it's "their time". Eventually reality knocks them upside the head and they fade back under their rock.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Naw, there have always been little clusters of pseudo-enlightened that think it's "their time". Eventually reality knocks them upside the head and they fade back under their rock.

My point exactly, reality wins in the end. Of course we know how in touch with reality conservative are from all the new scientific evidence coming in about your oddly constructed brains. Not your fault, though, remember. You just happen not to be able to reason properly. Fuck, we have always known it but now the science is showing it with machines. It's a new day, and when the incapacitated stop trying to function as normal, God alone knows how far the human race will go.

I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, "Where are you going?"
And this he told me...

I'm going on down to Yasgur's Farm,
I'm gonna join in a rock and roll band.
I'm gonna camp out on the land.
I'm gonna get my soul free.

We are stardust.
We are golden.
And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Then can I walk beside you?
I have come here to lose the smog,
And I feel to be a cog in something turning.

Well maybe it is just the time of year,
Or maybe it's the time of man.
I don't know who I am,
But you know life is for learning.

We are stardust.
We are golden.

By the time we got to Woodstock,
We were half a million strong
And Everywhere there was song and celebration.

And I dreamed I saw the bombers
Riding shotgun in the sky,
And they were turning into butterflies
Above our nation.

We are stardust.
Billion year old carbon.
We are golden..
Caught in the devil's bargain

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

Yet, in the long run they always win culturally as society moves forward, why is this you think?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yet, in the long run they always win culturally as society moves forward, why is this you think?

He can't think, all he can do is rationalize his truthiness opinions. That's the whole problem. The conservative brain, like marijuana, creates an altered reality. Sadly it seems, only marijuana wears off.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
agreed.

no matter what the states do the Fed government trumps it.

I am pro MMJ. to bad neither are for it.

yeah but if the feds start going against the states wishes too much, there can be a massive political shitstorm as a result. state laws are the most powerful tool we have to fight the feds.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Romney* must like dead cops. That's what prohibition gets us.

*Ditto for Obama.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Yea, those hippies, and new agers really changed things lol, unless by change you mean, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

He can't think, all he can do is rationalize his truthiness opinions. That's the whole problem. The conservative brain, like marijuana, creates an altered reality. Sadly it seems, only marijuana wears off.

There you go again with your wannabe, pseudo-intellectual psycho babble, that in reality is nothing more than "everyone that doesn't agree with me is a conservative, and conservatives are poopypants".

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
Not sure if you noticed, but sex isn't such a taboo wicked dirty sinful thing anymore, and that has a lot to do with the hippies and new agers.

That said, I don't believe in Progress in a historical sense. Things aren't always 'getting better' or 'moving forward' except in the most trivial sense where you define 'forward' as the first we're moving.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Yea, those hippies, and new agers really changed things lol, unless by change you mean, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

They did. Culturally the USA changed and started paying attention to civil liberties, sexuality and environmentalism along with the foolhardiness of the status quo victorian mentalities as a whole.

We still have a long way to go.

Remind me: What were hippies wrong about all those years? Most of what they fought for was the correct way forward in retrospect.

You all are just butthurt you once again are always on the wrong sides of history.

But hey! southpark says they smelled. So there, debate ended.

You all are so easily led morons.

Try thinking for yourself sometime, your intellectual laziness has turned that peabrain into a cranial beergut full to the brim of shit.

You are embarrassing to the USA. Sometimes I hope you guys are NK agents making Americans look like stupid/gullible twits with the garbage you repeat in here.

Sadly you righties just show the utter fail in mental health infrastructure in the US. We have a bunch of sociopaths/narcissistic folks living in their own fantasyworld with the media profiting off your sickness while pitting Americans against one another. Disgusting.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
You all are just butthurt you once again are always on the wrong sides of history.

Naw, just laughing at you thinking that it matters. All the social issues you cling to are great for the feel good sensation they give you, but have nothing to do with the real power game in this country. If you think that the powers that be give a shit if gays marry, or dope is legal/illegal you are naive.

Try thinking for yourself sometime, your intellectual laziness has turned that peabrain into a cranial beergut with right wing propagandists slapping it red having a blast at your expense.

You are nothing more than just another typical progressive. It's hilarious you talking about "thinking for yourself" as if you had an original idea in your head. You're just another mindless parrot that thinks you're unique, but you're really just a dime a dozen.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
You're just another mindless parrot that thinks you're unique, but you're really just a dime a dozen.

When you ever come up with your own ideas get back to me. Until then you are a failed propagandist that endlessly repeats the status quos think tank BS.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Not sure if you noticed, but sex isn't such a taboo wicked dirty sinful thing anymore, and that has a lot to do with the hippies and new agers.

That said, I don't believe in Progress in a historical sense. Things aren't always 'getting better' or 'moving forward' except in the most trivial sense where you define 'forward' as the first we're moving.

Are you a conservative? Conservatives are folk who believe in what they believe. They don't need reality or factual evidence. But I have seen information that indicates that in fact human consciousness is evolving, that the world IQ is increasing, that folk are leaving behind tribalistic thinking and seeing a single life boat filled with just one people. I would suppose that if you aren't part of the change you wouldn't notice. You might check out Ted for some inspiration in progressive thinking. There is a whole world of people working to improve life on the planet.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hemp isn't even illegal in the U.S anymore. Almost any grocery store will even sell hemp seeds to eat. You can buy hemp clothes and products too.

/facepalm

It's legal to sell hemp products made elsewhere. It is not legal to grow hemp in the US.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
It is to me.

Well if it is then you wouldn't be voting for Obama. Obama has basically slammed the DEA hammer on medical marijuana centers in the state of California.

OT- Odd thing is that when the vote came to California as to whether pot should be decriminalized at the state level most medical marijuana dispensaries lobbied against the bill. They did so because legalization would of opened up the market and eliminated the monopolies they have established. The effect of legalization would encourage more competitors and given a free market it would in due time drive the price down for the consumer unless their is some government shenanigans in protecting established players in the medical pot industry.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
When you ever come up with your own ideas get back to me. Until then you are a failed propagandist that endlessly repeats the status quos think tank BS.

It's amazing how you mirror what you mock, and just make shit up about people who you haven't a clue about. You're a bad joke, a social clown, a projecting caricature of flailing progressivism.