Romney white board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79808.html?hp=l2

It seems clear that Romney made the calculation that if the battle was waged on Medicare, he could win by pounding away on Obama's $716 billion "cut." Ryan is the perfect foil.

Two things that will be really disappointing if this works:

-That anyone would believe Republicans would be more on the side of protecting Medicare than Democrats.

-That Mitt's presentation is at all truthful. Whiteboard says: Obama cuts $716 billion and makes Medicare insolvent for next generations, Mitt keeps Medicare the same and makes it solvent for future generations (according to his whiteboard). Americans can be stupid, but I hope they aren't stupid enough to see this sales pitch makes no sense unless Mitt has a magic wand.

Oct 16, 1999
If you're explaining, you're losing. A whiteboard LOL. That pic and headline is just one quick edit from an internet meme. Someone change that first column to Romney too.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
I'm going to explain something more clearly because I draw it... Oggie Booggie Kapow! You see? Seniors, you're all good man! Now vote for me! And young people... we are not going to be insolvent under me because I drews it!

So here is what I am going to do... I will draw you something because that makes it true... let me try it right now.....

Whiteboard__44941_zoom.jpg

Bam!... oh damn I'm still middle class? And I thought this might make me republican :(

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
But after the 10-minute and 11-second news conference, Romney shed no new light on how he would overhaul the 47-year-old federal health care program for senior citizens and how (or if) his program differs from that of his running mate’s much-maligned proposal that is part of an effort to slash the federal budget deficit.

Asked afterward to provide as much detail and specifics as possible about Romney’s Medicare plan, his campaign provided a link to a one-page website with a 907-word explanation (shorter than the length of this article) that included an introduction, seven key elements and a frequently asked questions section. It also forwarded a speech Romney gave on fiscal policy in November.

“My plan for Medicare is very similar to his plan for Medicare,” Romney said Monday at a news conference in Miami.

But he couldn’t — or wouldn’t — distinguish them specifically.

Sometimes the reason I pay so much attention to American politics is less because it's mildly relevant to me and more because it's often hysterically funny. Good lord.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Sometimes the reason I pay so much attention to American politics is less because it's mildly relevant to me and more because it's often hysterically funny. Good lord.

It's funny, but each election to me gets scarier and scarier in seeing what candidates can get away with. Bush winning in '04 was terrifying. It's not so much being scared that Romney will win (I really don't think he will), but the fact it is even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.