Romney vs McCain! FIGHT!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 10, 2000
Overall I'd say Romney is winning the debate, but is in part winning it by being the lying snake he is. It's interesting how the crowd has only applauded him and Paul so far.

Does Romney have hair plugs? His hair is strangely, improbably black on top, and it looks suspiciously fake in front.

EDIT: This debate is remarkably shameless about not giving Paul and Huckabee their fair percentage of the time. It seems to me if they're going to let them participate at all, they should give them a fair shake.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Don Vito Corleone
Overall I'd say Romney is winning the debate, but is in part winning it by being the lying snake he is. It's interesting how the crowd has only applauded him and Paul so far.

Does Romney have hair plugs? His hair is strangely, improbably black on top, and it looks suspiciously fake in front.

Ken Dolls are known for their great hair...

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Huckabee and Paul are having their own off-camera discussion - probably about how they're getting shafted on time in this "debate"

A question - if Mitt so badly wanted to serve in the military, why didn't he? Who stopped him?

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Huckabee and Paul are having their own off-camera discussion - probably about how they're getting shafted on time in this "debate"

A question - if Mitt so badly wanted to serve in the military, why didn't he? Who stopped him?

He's greedy and is in it for the money to pay for his black hair dye and $400 hair cuts.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Don Vito Corleone

EDIT: This debate is remarkably shameless about not giving Paul and Huckabee their fair percentage of the time. It seems to me if they're going to let them participate at all, they should give them a fair shake.

Yeah, I used to think CNN is a decent new source but this debate and how they moderate it is a joke. Because McCain and Romney are the front runners, CNN pretty much ignored both Huckabee and Paul. How Anderson Cooper and the rest ignored and often cut short those two were both disrespectful and unprofessional.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I thought Paul did very well tonight. He made some good points. I disagree on a few things, but his heart is in the right place.

Aztech

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by: dbk
McCain seems like a stupid fool up there right now arguing over Romney's quote with Romney right next to him.
I loved it. He got called on that big fat lie in front of America. Shame on McCain. Romney came off so much stronger here.

Edit: I agree about shot-changing Huckabee and Paul and I thought they both had some great responses when given the chance.

I haven't gotten this fired up on politics in a loooonnnnng time...

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Pabster
I thought Paul did very well tonight. He made some good points. I disagree on a few things, but his heart is in the right place.

It's sad that he is the only one up there willing to admit that invading Iraq was a mistake. IMO, he who can't admit it was a mistake is dangerous and more likely to make a similar mistake.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre

It's sad that he is the only one up there willing to admit that invading Iraq was a mistake. IMO, he who can't admit it was a mistake is dangerous and more likely to make a similar mistake.

admitting it was a mistake would be political suicide for a republican.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481

Well then there is something very wrong with that party.

jalaram

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Every political party has some third rail issue. It could be argued that being pro-Iraq war would be political suicide for a Democrat. Just ask Joe Leiberman (sp?).

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I watched a little bit of the debate.

As usual, the first thing I do is look to see who's participating.

I was glad to RP there.

But with CNN ignoring RP and Huck, and McCain shameless behavior (he's campaigning an awful lot Billary) I had to turn it off.

I came back afterwards to see the analysis, and happy to see taht McCain's tactics are turning people off.

Fern

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Glad to see i wasn't the only one disgusted between the mccain/romney mess and lack of time for huckabee (though i don't agree with his views) and even more so for paul.

I changed it for Mythbusters just to spite CNN.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: jalaram
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Every political party has some third rail issue. It could be argued that being pro-Iraq war would be political suicide for a Democrat. Just ask Joe Leiberman (sp?).

The issue isn't that they have a third rail, it's what it is.

Having a third rail issue of 'bring back slavery' isn't a problem with the party.

Having a third rail issue of 'DON'T bring back slavery' is a problem with the party.

So, the Republicans are wrong not to elect candidates who can say something true about the problems with the Iraq war, but democrats are right to require such honesty.