Romney to vote for Cruz

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
In a strange twist, Romney announced today he would vote for Ted Cruz. He went further by saying that a vote for Kasich was a vote for Trumpism. I guess the GOP is strangling over their options this year. :D

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Looks like Romney's trying to be the establishment 'leader'.

If the establishment won't accept Trump I see no other realistic option other than supporting Cruz. Talk of swooping in at the convention and anointing some establishment savior like Ryan or going 3rd party is ridiculous. Well, let's see if the establishment follows Romney's lead. I think we can measure that by how much establishment money flows to Cruz.

Fern

Feb 4, 2009
....and....Trump just won

Nobody especially on the Republican side wants to hear anything establishment

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I thought Trump and Cruz were both getting anti-establishment type votes. Romney endorsing Cruz means to these voters that the establishment wants Cruz. Seems Romney just bumped up Trump's numbers again, though time will tell.

People who are going to vote for Trump have already made up their minds - I don't think Romney's going to talk any of them out of it.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Cruz will soon learn that Romney will be the final poison that does him in. Not going turn out well for Cruz.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just listened to Ted Cruz say he is also going to build a wall and he is going to follow the law and that the law says people who are here illegally are to be deported.

Yet, he talks about how bad Trump is, but he is parroting the same talking points. Does Cruz have original ideas or does he rip the script from others?

Oct 16, 1999
No. All these other jerks are only capable of either pulling from the same old broken establishment playbook or trying to out-Trump Trump. It's why they keep losing. So please proceed guys.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
The bush family is now backing him and providing support. Lindsey Graham now thinks Cruz is the best thing to come to the GOP and is providing support. Romney is providing support.

Looks like Cruz made a pledge to become a puppet for the bush/Romney war and wallstreet groups. Nice to see Trump has pulled the curtains on the establishment for all to see.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
The bush family is now backing him and providing support. Lindsey Graham now thinks Cruz is the best thing to come to the GOP and is providing support. Romney is providing support.

Looks like Cruz made a pledge to become a puppet for the bush/Romney war and wallstreet groups. Nice to see Trump has pulled the curtains on the establishment for all to see.

One must look at the substance of a candidate. What is Trump for except building a wall and having Mexico pay for it? Continually building a case for one's own superiority? Name calling? Race baiting? Blocking immigration on religious grounds? Gender bias? He has a good brain, good for obtaining the vote of a segment of society.

Cruz isn't any better for America or the world in general. The repugs have made their bed, let them wallow in it!