Romney to appear in Dayton tommorow

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
From what I understand, all of his finalists are set to appear with him in Dayton-- so the fact Romney in there doesn't necessarily imply he's the selection.

I'm still not quite understanding how Romney on the ticket puts Michigan into play-- is there some Romney-Michigan connection that I am unaware of?

bdude

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2004
Hm, but how ridiculous would that be to have all the losers of the vp race appear on stage right there...
Romney's dad was gov. of Mich. as I understand it, and was quite popular.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: QED
I'm still not quite understanding how Romney on the ticket puts Michigan into play-- is there some Romney-Michigan connection that I am unaware of?

Romney's father was Governor of Michigan some time ago. He won Michigan in the primaries over McCain too. Add that to the fact that Michigan has the worst economy in the country out of all 50 states and Mitt's financial background and leadership and he gives the dems a run for their money in Michigan.

bdude

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2004
Apparently it is NOT Pawlenty. Perhaps a huge head-fake in the making from Mr. McCain.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Humm, if ALL his picks are going to be there, maybe he'll have the crowd pick his running mate, kind of like American Idol.

Puts his hand over Romney, if you want Mit cheer.
Puts Hand over Pawlenty, If you want Tim, cheer.
and so forth.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Maybe McBush knows nobody will show up unless it's a surprise unveiling?

It's that darn'd enthusiasm gap.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: dawp
Humm, if ALL his picks are going to be there, maybe he'll have the crowd pick his running mate, kind of like American Idol.

Puts his hand over Romney, if you want Mit cheer.
Puts Hand over Pawlenty, If you want Tim, cheer.
and so forth.

:laugh:

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481
if it's Romney, McCain deserves to be humiliated in November.
You mean America won't elect a couple of hundred-millionaires to the White House?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I don't want to start another thread but how bad is this Gustav hurricane? USAToday is reporting that the GOP may delay their convention if it hits.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton
You mean America won't elect a couple of hundred-millionaires to the White House?

for all the things wrong with them, why must you pick the stupidest argument?

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007

for all the things wrong with them, why must you pick the stupidest argument?

Well look who posted it...

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Gustav is a blessing in disguise for the GOP. It means the news stations will spend less time covering how uninspiring their convention is.

In some cases (and especially when it comes to McSame), the less America knows going into November, the better off the GOP is.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Gustav is a blessing in disguise for the GOP. It means the news stations will spend less time covering how uninspiring their convention is.

In some cases (and especially when it comes to McSame), the less America knows going into November, the better off the GOP is.

Which is why Obama laid out exactly what his "change" is going to be with specifics in his speech. The only thing anybody got out of that speech is "not Bush, not McCain". Talk about informing America, stuffing her belly with information!

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Maybe McBush knows nobody will show up unless it's a surprise unveiling?

It's that darn'd enthusiasm gap.

Too bad they didn't come up with some text message so we get your maketing info scam and plan to launch it at 8am; said scam totally failing when the networks start reporting the nominee selection 8 hours before not withstanding.