Romney snubs Nick’s ‘Kids’

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Really... kids who watch nick have enough attention span to listen to adults talk politics?

Nov 30, 2006
Obama didn't have time to meet with Netanyahu...non-issue.

Romney didn't have time to meet with Nick News...issue.

Sigh.

BTW...here's the photo AP chose for the article. Couldn't they be a little more subtle about their bias?
http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...ays-Romney-skipped-kids-questions-3929052.php

628x471.jpg

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Nick News is kind of the intermission before the "Kids" block of Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite. It comes on right before Nick at Nite. I remember it as a child, that Linda Ellerbe chick has been on it forever.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
At least now we know why Republican's are passing voter ID laws.

Its to suppress the vote of kids that they don't care about :D

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
You didn't have to read any further then "the special's executive producer, Linda Ellerbee" to see why Romney would avoid what could turn into a gotcha partisan hit piece.
It still did, but has a much smaller impact.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Romney snubs partisan Democrats... boo hoo.

Their audience is more suited for Obama, he can tell them about the magic money tree in the US back yard. Shake it for stimulus.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Obama didn't have time to meet with Netanyahu...non-issue.

Romney didn't have time to meet with Nick News...issue.

Sigh.

BTW...here's the photo AP chose for the article. Couldn't they be a little more subtle about their bias?
http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...ays-Romney-skipped-kids-questions-3929052.php

628x471.jpg

What would you expect from the left the party of hate(those that have) an idle mind is devils work shop . god knows their are millions of idle mines in the welfare line

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
At least now we know why Republican's are passing voter ID laws.

Its to suppress the vote of kids that they don't care about :D

Great selection of idealism and word usage. here I thought the lefft was the party who murder our unborn children . Your ideas are strange friend . You care about the kids but murder them in the same breath . It just doesn't seem you really care about children.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Media bias is obvious, except for the lying garbage that continue to deny it.

Steve Manuel, senior lecturer at Penn State's College of Communications and an award-winning photojournalist, said the AP must have known how the image would be perceived.

"In this photo, while it may appear funny, AP knows exactly what viewers are thinking," he wrote in an email. "It's not legitimate news. AP knows that viewers are going to chuckle and imagine what the little girl is seeing, and it makes Gov. Romney appear a bit foolish. That isn't the purpose or mission of photojournalism. ... Candidate or not, it is not the mission of a news organization to place anyone in a position to be ridiculed or made fun of. Reporting the news is, and this is not newsworthy."

Stephen Ward, director of the Center for Journalism Ethics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, said the photo by itself was not too offensive but noted it could be exploited.

"Looking at the photo, it just strikes me as not particularly offensive. It's more funny," he said. "But in a highly charged political environment like this, you have to be very careful. I don't particularly have a problem with the shot. As long as the caption is fine. My problem is in how people might use it." [/B]

But the National Press Photographers Association code of ethics offers some guidance.

"Treat all subjects with respect and dignity," it says. The code also says: "Be complete and provide context when photographing or recording subjects."

A representative with the AP did not return a request for comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...tering-pic-romney-bending-over/#ixzz28oWagHMk

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
This is remarkably fun.

al-gore-tipper-gore-kiss.jpg

christina-aguilera-hillary-clinton-washington.jpg

KerryWindsurfing1.jpg

When I'm the area I sometimes stop at Columbia Gorge and watch the windsurfers and the fact that someone can look anything but impressive while successfully windsurfing seems to violate some fundamental law of physics.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012