Romney once assaulted a classmate at school for being 'different'(read: gay looking)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
More bullshit from the lamestream media and more defensive posturing by their faithful followers.

Important issues are still in play if and when the juveniles that are on the left decide to quit pursuing dogs and bogus anti-gay bullshit.

I really hate to see so many get dragged down to the same intellectual level as those that take everything their media says as gospel. The dumbing down of the nation is rolling along at a frantic pace.

Yeah sure. Breitbart.com cracked the whole case. If it wasn't for those intrepid right wing propagandists, the "lamestream media" would have gotten away with it, too.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
there's so much wrong with Mitt Romney just in the past 12 months alone, I don't know why anyone would feel compelled to go back into his high school transcripts.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
there's so much wrong with Mitt Romney just in the past 12 months alone, I don't know why anyone would feel compelled to go back into his high school transcripts.

lol I couldn't have said it better myself.

If any of you are considering voting for him you need to get your head examined.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Funny thing about the breitbart article, it links to an ABCNews story, but ABCNews interviewed one of the guys who the Post interviewed and he corroborated the incident:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS...mneys-campaign/story?id=16327280#.T61qOuhYuW1

"I saw it with my own eyes," Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer who was Romney's high school pal at the elite Cranbrook School in Michigan, told ABC News. "It was a hack job ... clumps of hair taken off."

Nothing in the Breitbart article actually says the incident didn't happen.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Funny thing about the breitbart article, it links to an ABCNews story, but ABCNews interviewed one of the guys who the Post interviewed and he corroborated the incident:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS...mneys-campaign/story?id=16327280#.T61qOuhYuW1

Nothing in the Breitbart article actually says the incident didn't happen.

The Breitbart article actually says nothing of substance about the incident. It says the Post inaccurately claimed that one class mate was long troubled by the incident but in fact he had only been troubled for 3 weeks since he found out about it. But that classmate was not identified as a witness by the Post so it's irrelevant. And it says the Post implies the incident destroyed Lauber's life, but the Post article neither stated nor implied any such thing. The Breitbart article is meaningless.

I don't even think the incident is a big deal at all, and I said as much earlier in the thread. But there are 4 identified witnesses to this incident and I have seen nothing to challenge their statements, nor has Romney himself claimed anything different.

- wolf

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Not surprised the conservatives wouldn't care about a gay person being assaulted, you guys probably bullied gays in high school yourselves.

Funny how the other 5 guys who participated were remorseful but Romney denies remembering it happening.

This was 45+ years ago, you idiot! Lets talk about what your messiah did his last couple years in high school from his own book, shall we??? Drinking, drugs, selling drugs. Frankly, I don't care about either. How many people on this board can look back on their past and think of something that they wish they'd never done?

People brought up items from Clinton's past when he ran for office and the Dem line was, 'that was so long ago that it doesn't matter'. But it was a big deal that Boooooosh was a partier in college.

I'm not going to hold either Rommie of Obummer accountable for what they were like in High school; that's just stupid.

Grow up, you blithering partisan hack.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
This was 45+ years ago, you idiot! Lets talk about what your messiah did his last couple years in high school from his own book, shall we??? Drinking, drugs, selling drugs. Frankly, I don't care about either. How many people on this board can look back on their past and think of something that they wish they'd never done?

People brought up items from Clinton's past when he ran for office and the Dem line was, 'that was so long ago that it doesn't matter'. But it was a big deal that Boooooosh was a partier in college.

I'm not going to hold either Rommie of Obummer accountable for what they were like in High school; that's just stupid.

Grow up, you blithering partisan hack.

I agree. Who cares what these guys did in high school. My only problem with this is that people are trying to deny it happened. Why bother when it was witnessed by at least 4 identified people and after all, it isn't that big of a deal anyway.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I agree. Who cares what these guys did in high school. My only problem with this is that people are trying to deny it happened. Why bother when it was witnessed by at least 4 identified people and after all, it isn't that big of a deal anyway.

This

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
What recent development? That Breitbart.com says that one of five witnesses to the incident didn't actually witness it? What was Romney apologizing about then? If this incident has been embellished as you claim, why isn't he setting the record straight?

My point wasn't that the entire thing was fabricated, but that given what we know about the media and the timing of the release, it's very likely a hit piece and likely heavily embellished. Based on the statement from the family on ABCNews and some of the corrections the post has made to the article, we can already confirm that at minimum the story was embellished, and even the supposed victim's family was not happy about the story. If their brother had been so terribly treated as was presented in the story, they'd be thrilled to see the truth come out and justice served and all that.

Even if the story was true, and I really doubt that, its still irrelevant, but I find it comical to see how the msm steps right up to its task of smearing Romney in any way possible.

Feb 10, 2000
Who paid for Obama's education?

Who cares, and how is that a matter of public interest? I would expect that the overwhelming majority of his education costs (and perhaps all of them) was absorbed by scholarships and grants. Ivy League schools are not expensive for those who are admitted and lack the ability to pay. My dad was a poor kid who got a full scholarship to Harvard, for example.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I'll repeat: the issue isn't that he did something so many years ago, the issue is of character in how he addressed that information. The difference is (using your example) that Obama didn't say, "gee, I don't remember ever having contact with drugs or hanging out with people who did." "Gee, I don't remember hanging out with those guys who you are accusing of being terrorists."

True, Obama is entirely unapologetic that he smoozed out with a known terrorist. He never did explain why chosen his spiritual advisor for decades is a known America hater.

That is a stark difference, you are correct. I assume this means you are condeming Obama, right?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You obviously do not understand that when you ask a question about a moral issue you have to have morals to understand the answers, no?

I know this. Care to answer the questions you quoted, or are you only about trolling?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
As a candidate, having the media on your side is very powerfull. There has been virtually no vetting of Obama whatsoever but the media can dig up stories from the middle of the last century on someone running against him?

Let's see that same media come up with Obama's college transcripts for just one example. Never gonna happen.

One thing is certain, if they need to dig this deep to try and besmirch Romney, they're worried. I also get great joy watching the simple minds that lap this stuff up and regurgitate it on command. It's like watching fourth graders argue. You find it hard to believe that your own thought processes were once that minimal.

This will only sway those who already hate Romney because of the (R) next to his name. No one else is going to care.

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
More like the Royal family of Saudi Aribia.......so goes the rumor.

I've noticed all of the "rumors" about Barack Obama always point in the same direction, to some idea that he's not sufficiently American. I find this particularly puzzling because I see in him a better reflection of modern America than any president since JFK. He plays basketball, cracks sarcastic jokes, uses a smart phone (even if it is a blackberry), sings Al Green, is the child of an interracial marriage, and seems to have a happy, stable family life. None of these things are particularly relevant in terms of whether you should vote for him, but everything about him screams modern American.

Now, I can understand someone who feels that modern America is depraved and must be reverted back to it's old ways, but that doesn't make Obama any less of an American creation than Lady Gaga or Jack Kerouac.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
What recent development? That Breitbart.com says that one of five witnesses to the incident didn't actually witness it? What was Romney apologizing about then? If this incident has been embellished as you claim, why isn't he setting the record straight?

He said he did not remember it (all the libs in this thread pounced on that one) and then apologized for it if he did do it (and all the libs said it was too weak an apology).

Since it appears it is all a lie, that would explain why he did not remember it. IF it is fully shown to be a lie, will the libs here who condemned him recant their condemnations?

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Thank you.

I have a disagreement with your idea that government is there to take care of us, but.........

I loved this:

What a great idea! I support that initiative being added to all legislation. Make a review of legislation at say a five year point and a ten year point, mandatory and part of the law.

Exactly where did I say that the government is there to take care of us?

Was that your mis-translation of my sentence "Most social issues I lean liberal; as in I support change for the betterment of society and people."

Is that what you're mis-translating or purposely paraphrasing?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
My point wasn't that the entire thing was fabricated, but that given what we know about the media and the timing of the release, it's very likely a hit piece and likely heavily embellished. Based on the statement from the family on ABCNews and some of the corrections the post has made to the article, we can already confirm that at minimum the story was embellished, and even the supposed victim's family was not happy about the story. If their brother had been so terribly treated as was presented in the story, they'd be thrilled to see the truth come out and justice served and all that.

Even if the story was true, and I really doubt that, its still irrelevant, but I find it comical to see how the msm steps right up to its task of smearing Romney in any way possible.

Why is the media suspect here? We don't know exactly why these witnesses came forward when they did. I agree the timing is not coincidental. I just think the timing was more likely influenced by democrats who got wind of it and encouraged these people to go to the media. The media is going to report this information when it comes to them. It does meet the threshold of something that warrants a story even if it isn't a huge deal. It would be printed no matter which candidate it was about.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
True, Obama is entirely unapologetic that he smoozed out with a known terrorist. He never did explain why chosen his spiritual advisor for decades is a known America hater.

That is a stark difference, you are correct. I assume this means you are condeming Obama, right?

Known America hater? Can't wait for the justification for that phrase.

/as if I didn't know already

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Exactly where did I say that the government is there to take care of us?

Was that your mis-translation of my sentence "Most social issues I lean liberal; as in I support change for the betterment of society and people."

Is that what you're mis-translating or purposely paraphrasing?

Never mind. It was a stupid fucking idea. And I reported what you said. If you can't understand your own posts, that's not my problem.