Romney: Obama won by offering 'gifts' to blacks

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
HEY ASSHOLE...

I'm black and I have yet to get my gift from Obama that wasen't offered to whitey. Hasen't come in the mail yet. Hey the USPS is a government agency why hasen't it shipped? I should quit my job and wait at home for my gift. Ooops can't do that it would destroy your perception of 47% of the population. Hey maybe if I owned a show horse I would have gotten $77K in the mail.

What a dick. I'm sure that attutude will help the Republican Party with the minority vote next time.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...oung-and-by-tarring-him-as-anti-immigrant.ece

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is telling top donors that President Barack Obama won re-election because of the “gifts” he had already provided to blacks, Hispanics and young voters and because of the president’s effort to paint Romney as anti-immigrant.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
so halting deportations and boosting student aid had nothing to do with hispanics and young people voting for him?

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
#1 way to win the minority vote - say it's all their fault. lol mittens, you're doing it wrong.

Every single one of the moderate Congressmen need to denounce this. That's how you begin to win the minority vote. Expel the bullshit from the party.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
#1 way to win the minority vote - say it's all their fault. lol mittens, you're doing it wrong.

Every single one of the moderate Congressmen need to denounce this. That's how you begin to win the minority vote. Expel the bullshit from the party.

100%

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Yeah, like Bush's tax refund checks in the mail wasn't a bribe to voters? With borrowed money? Democrats are rookies when it comes to bribery.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I'm also glad that Romney is continuing to show his true colors though. He's a prick. Hell most of the GOP primary contenders were assholes. I think only Cain and Paul would be people I'd even like to have a conversation with. The rest are outright assholes (Perry), or religious-right social acolytes who love to press their theological views through the legislative process, also known as a Theocracy (see Iran / Ayatollah Sayyid
Ruhollah Khomeini).

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Obama, him bad. Good Republicans never had chance. Evil always win. Stoops low to scoop votes. Bad, very bad.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
He has to try and explain to the money men that it was out of anyone's control in order to keep funds flowing into the party. The fact that the Romney campaign was apparently far inferior to the Obama campaign based on the turnout has to be buried as quickly as possible.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I liked this rephrasing by Matt Yglesias: "Romney says Obama won with dastardly plan to make life better for voters."

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
so halting deportations and boosting student aid had nothing to do with hispanics and young people voting for him?
I wish you'd hear from Immigration lawyers of the difference between Bush INS and Obama INS. I don't feel like spelling it out for you.

P.S. Romney is back! Woot!

Last edited:

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
I saw some statistics where 98% of black women voted for President Obama, 93% of black men/women overall, and 71% Hispanic overall this election. Though the popular vote for President Obama was only 50.6%. Wild.

Athena

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
obama stopped deportations for some people and then supports welfare, thats the gift so they vote for him
Over 60% of welfare beneficiaries are white and the rural poverty rate is about 3% higher than in cities.

OTOH, the ten states with the most educated electorate voted for Obama while 9 out of the 10 with the lowest educational attainment went for Romney. Were all those postgraduates living in fear of deportation or on welfare.

That my friend, is the real America.

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
Over 60% of welfare beneficiaries are white and the rural poverty rate is about 3% higher than in cities.

OTOH, the ten states with the most educated electorate voted for Obama while 9 out of the 10 with the lowest educational attainment went for Romney. Were all those postgraduates living in fear of deportation or on welfare.

And white people are 78% of the population which implies that minorities are represented at roughly double their share of the population. (assuming your 60% number is correct)

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

This is what most do not understand. These people think that going to school is nothing more than a liberal plot to mush their brains. They also think that anybody who goes to school is somehow inferior and can't make it on their own without some stupid piece of paper.

I see it among the rights quite a bit.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Jindal slams Romney for ‘gifts’ comment about minorities, young voters

(CNN) – Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana fiercely shot back at Mitt Romney’s claim Wednesday that President Barack Obama outmatched the 2012 Republican presidential nominee by offering “gifts” to African-Americans, Hispanics and young voters.

“I absolutely reject that notion,” Jindal, who was a surrogate for Romney’s campaign, said at the Republican Governors Association conference in Las Vegas. “I think that’s absolutely wrong.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...ffering-gifts-to-minorities-and-young-voters/

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So Romney lost the election by offering gifts to an extreme minority- old rich white guys?

The Horror!

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Seriously, will you people just give the country over to us asian immigrants? We work harder, are more educated, and basically already dominate the engineering and higher sciences fields. We take relatively little government assistance and don't try to get up in other people's business.

All the rest of you are just bringing us down...

<the above is intended as a joke and reflect the type of views being espoused in this thread>