Romney had a cheat sheet in the debate

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
The fact is Obama got his ass handed to him because he either was not prepared or was outclassed.

Those that worship the messiah have to come up with an excuse for what happened; the more excuses are made; the worse the fans look; and possibly impact the following debates by not doing enough preparation.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
If they have not surrounded themselves with YES people, both Romney and Obama will analyze the weakness' presented during the debate and prepare to counter-act them on the next go around.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like a cheat sheet to me, in the video.

I didn't know that was against the rules, but now that I do I find that to be pretty fucking lame on his part if that's what it was.

And the idea that he'd be busting out a handkerchief right at that moment to then lay on the podium? Get the fuck out of here. You keep a handkerchief in your pocket until needed. And that didn't look like the right pocket to be taking one from either.

Romney probably uses wall hacks in CounterStrike too, and headshot scripts.

Motherfucker.

Shouldn't expect anything less from the guy who uses every tax loophole and off shore tax haven known to man, and won't show his taxes.

Funny thing is, I was actually starting to consider voting for him.

I think I'm back to my previous plan of not voting.

EDIT:

Just watched the BigCheeseKit video, with the close up and slow mo.

DEFINITELY a fucking cheat sheet.

The way it lands and the way he tosses it up there, no fucking doubt about it.

Motherfucker CHEATED.

Alright, yep, not voting.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
question for you all : would a handkerchief bounce like that ?

Wait, you don't still think this was some "cheat sheet" do you? Instead of the handkerchief that someone posted a still of him using? lol@democraticunderground.fail

sN1hL.png

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
What's to say that wasn't a handkerchief pulled from his pocket at the time he used it? As would be normal.

His handlers may have even told him "make sure you use your actual handkerchief at some point during the debate in case this becomes an issue"

All I know is, that looked like paper to me. Plus, the slick way he pulls it out as he walks around the podium, and tries to make the act of pulling it out lost in the motions and distractions of that initial arrival there.

Why would you be thinking about getting a handkerchief out of your pocket right as you take your position, why wouldn't you take it out after you'd fully stopped and were standing there? Why would you try to incorporate the movement of removing it from your pocket and tossing it onto the podium into the movements of going there?

But who puts a handkerchief on their podium anyway?

I dunno man, I guess it could be a handkerchief but I really think it was probably cheat notes.

Let's also keep in mind that it would even be possible to print notes onto a handkerchief. As long as he made sure the part with the notes was folded inside, and he put it back inside before using it.

Last edited:

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
What's to say that wasn't a handkerchief pulled from his pocket at the time he used it? As would be normal.

His handlers may have even told him "make sure you use your actual handkerchief at some point during the debate in case this becomes an issue"

All I know is, that looked like paper to me. Plus, the slick way he pulls it out as he walks around the podium, and tries to make the act of pulling it out lost in the motions and distractions of that initial arrival there.

Why would you be thinking about getting a handkerchief out of your pocket right as you take your position, why wouldn't you take it out after you'd fully stopped and were standing there? Why would you try to incorporate the movement of removing it from your pocket and tossing it onto the podium into the movements of going there?

But who puts a handkerchief on their podium anyway?

I dunno man, I guess it could be a handkerchief but I really think it was probably cheat notes.

Let's also keep in mind that it would even be possible to print notes onto a handkerchief. As long as he made sure the part with the notes was folded inside, and he put it back inside before using it.

I do a lot of presentations. I always have a glass of water and tissue at the podium and at my place if at a conference table.

I do not keep either in my pocket as it is awkward to take out when needed. And they are needed often as your throat gets dry and those lights on stage are bloody hot.

I always keep a pen handy to take notes and to use as a prop and usually have a watch in front of me to keep track of how long a presentation is taking.

Public speaking is a learned response as is real debating where you challenge and are, in turn, challenged.

The more you do it, the better you can get. If you are pitching and being pitched in corporate board rooms or in front of investment committees, you need to be really prepared or you will be shot down faster and with less respect than was offered to Obama by Romney.

I worked with Bain a couple of times on projects and they were always very polite but very sharp. It was a real pleasure in a professional sense. Romney's performance in the debate was no surprise, it was a given. And that includes how he approached the podium and made himself comfortable. He came prepared to win and he did.

Wasn't much surprised by Obama either. In his "career" as a community organizer he did not have to practice law in a courtroom or face professional challenge, he was a part-time lecturer that got poor student ratings, he has demonstrated countless times that he cannot speak well extemporaneously and he was facing someone with a real resume of accomplishments. All he could do is repeat stale talking points and even there he couldn't get them in at what might have been appropriate moments.

Obama choked, pure and simple.

But, you already know that. :cool:

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
But, you already know that. :cool:

Yea, I do already know that. I posted in the "who won the debate" thread that I thought Obama did miserably, Romney wiped the floor with him.

And whether Romney had notes or not, Obama performed poorly.

I have little use for either of them.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Obama can rig jobs numbers.
Corrupt an entire agency.
He's never done it before, but has the power to do it this one time.

Yet Mitt could NEVER hide something in a hanky.
That is impossible.

Government corruption by Chicago mob connections? Doable.
Hanky panky? Impossible.
And... And... And....

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
He said it was a napkin and I believe him.

That is, unless people can find additional video of him staring down reading his napkin? That's what I thought.

Honestly the guy is above average intelligence and a sheet at that distance can't hold many facts on it anyway, certainly nothing he couldn't memorize in a few hours. This is really some desperate sh*t, and I've often said I will enjoy seeing Romney lose, but this is dishonest nonsense.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I don't know about Romney having a cheat sheet, but I heard that Obama had notes tattooed inside his eyelids. Talk about a real cheater...

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I must say it's kind of sad to see people have such an incredible vested interest and faith in some politician that they go to extraordinary lengths to find excuses for a loss in a debate. Very pathetic.

Look guys, the president simply wasn't prepared, stop coming up with these bullshit excuses. He was either too busy to properly prepare or he underestimated Romney. Either way, I'm confident we'll see a much better prepared Obama next time around, I'd be surprised if Romney is even close to winning any other debates.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Obama can rig jobs numbers.
Corrupt an entire agency.
He's never done it before, but has the power to do it this one time.

Yet Mitt could NEVER hide something in a hanky.
That is impossible.

Government corruption by Chicago mob connections? Doable.
Hanky panky? Impossible.
And... And... And....

Congratulations. You are hereby nominated for Champion Hack. This prestigious award is given to those who are not just partisan, not only ideologically bound beyond reason, but who exemplify the time honored behavior of serf who genuinely feels that his King must have clothes even when he does not. He is master, you are slave and that's as it should be. Defender of Obama's Honor. What better title.