Romney had a cheat sheet in the debate

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It looked awfully thick to be a cheat "sheet". Looked more like a handkerchief to me, or something similar.

I'll need evidence that it wasn't a handkerchief to believe otherwise.

Didn't he even use it at one point?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Your guy got owned, simple as that. I don't even care about or pay attention to politics but I happened to just flip the channel and watched the last 30min of the debate. After I watched that I turned to my wife and said "Holy shit that's the next POTUS" speaking about Romney.

Ya as much as I dislike Romney he blasted Obummmer pretty good in this debate . But I sure the fony jobs report will help the messiah

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
He had a cheat sheet and he still managed to lie more than any candidate in a televised Presidential debate in history? This man has a SERIOUS problem with the truth it seems.

I think Obama in 2008 gets that award.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Which ones? He has many stances, all without details.

A change you can count on . The ass wipe should have said its like putting money in the bank . Which doesn't mean the same as it did when I was a lad. Obummer didn't say much in 2008 nor is he saying how he will fix the present problems . You ask more from Romney than Obummer . Obummer has turned in the worse performance in presidential history none have failed more other than Davis. Like it or not he was president for a time of confiderate states and a Democrate. Both Davis and Obummer seem to be racist

Last edited:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
If that actually is a cheat sheet and he managed to pull it off in front of a studio audience and 58M viewers, that guy is one slick preppie.

And probably 50 cameras. If he did actually pull a piece of paper out I would bet a months pay that some camera would have caught it and we would/will see positive proof.

OTOH, with that many people and cameras you would have to be a fool thinking you can pull a piece of paper out of your pocket and not be seen.

Sep 7, 2009
No kidding... Based on that debate you can't trust a thing obama says. He trips all over his words, can't complete his thoughts... meanwhile we have this guy running our country?

Look at mitt.. the shining beacon of excellence. That man would make a perfect US president.

Sep 7, 2009
And probably 50 cameras. If he did actually pull a piece of paper out I would bet a months pay that some camera would have caught it and we would/will see positive proof.

OTOH, with that many people and cameras you would have to be a fool thinking you can pull a piece of paper out of your pocket and not be seen.

Look... These people are looking for any excuse possible to defend obama handling a debate on a high school level.

And of course, when all other arguments don't hold merit... the other guy must've cheated. It's the only way. ROFL.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Look... These people are looking for any excuse possible to defend obama handling a debate on a high school level.

And of course, when all other arguments don't hold merit... the other guy must've cheated. It's the only way. ROFL.

Obummmer wasn't at high school level debate form at all .. Most high schoolers would have creamed him and romney in a real debate about real ideas.

The Alias

Aug 22, 2012
No kidding... Based on that debate you can't trust a thing obama says. He trips all over his words, can't complete his thoughts... meanwhile we have this guy running our country?

Look at mitt.. the shining beacon of excellence. That man would make a perfect US president.

wooowww are you serious ? that man has changed his stance on issues more times than I care to know (5 trillion dollar tax cut anyone ?) he said his job is not to care about 47% of american he wants to give more money to a military that's inefficient with it's troops and money anyway, he's against gay right's and planned parenthood

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
butthurt ? No, Barrack laid out a plan that made sense and Mitt got on stage and lied to millions of people about his 5 trillion tax cut not being true . ALSO you don't have to be a butthurt liberal to see Romney pulled a folded piece of paper out of his pocket

I didn't see that.

And the piece of paper he gave to his staff at the end appeared to only be folded in two (and it looked like he did that at the podium) since it didn't flop over when he held it. It would have to be folded at least in 4 to fit in his pants pocket like that.

Looks like he picked up his notes from the debate, which I think any intelligent person would do seeing as how they have two more debates.

I am no fan of Romney at all but yall are seriously reaching for straws here. Like I said, I guarantee there was a camera that saw exactly what he pulled out of his pocket and had it been a "cheat sheet" we would be seeing much better video of it right now.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You want to explain how you demonstrated from that video that it wasn't for note taking?
They are provided pencil and paper already on the podium. Not allowed to bring their own paper, that's the first rule against cheat sheets, lol.

That said, the one shot isn't conclusive evidence that it was a cheat sheet and not a handkerchief. The second video could be him just grabbing his notes.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I didn't see that.

And the piece of paper he gave to his staff at the end appeared to only be folded in two (and it looked like he did that at the podium) since it didn't flop over when he held it. It would have to be folded at least in 4 to fit in his pants pocket like that.

Looks like he picked up his notes from the debate, which I think any intelligent person would do seeing as how they have two more debates.

I am no fan of Romney at all but yall are seriously reaching for straws here. Like I said, I guarantee there was a camera that saw exactly what he pulled out of his pocket and had it been a "cheat sheet" we would be seeing much better video of it right now.

Look at it again stop video. its folded over nicely and you can see when he throws it on desk it has the look of cloth movement

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
because there's paper already provided !

Ok
It appears we have three possibilities.

It's a cheat sheet, a blank paper he brought, or a provided sheet.

I think that if the first can be proven, not presumed, then Romney should catch hell. that does not however, rule out the other 2 possibilities. You cannot make conclusive statement from this. since the possibility exists the most useful thing is to contact the Commission to watch for this.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol

Obama lost. He was no prepared and thought he could coast to a easy win. No way in hell does obama come out in the 2nd debate looking so inept.

These excuses do him no favors though.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
The left's reaction after that superb butt whooping has been amazingly satisfying and hilarious at the same time. Waaa! Romney was more prepared, the altitude was too high, the president is so tired from all his presidenty stuff. It's not FAIR that Romney was so much better, not fair at all!

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
wooowww are you serious ? that man has changed his stance on issues more times than I care to know (5 trillion dollar tax cut anyone ?) he said his job is not to care about 47% of american he wants to give more money to a military that's inefficient with it's troops and money anyway, he's against gay right's and planned parenthood

Planned parent hood l LOL take responsibility for your animal nature if you can't keep it in your pants, I will cut it off for you rather than put my personnal resposibilities onto law makers who are clueless. So many spineless people along with deseased people in the world the gene pool is corrupt beyond repair a new genic coded needs to be established Like that which Lilith has.