Rome II: Total War release date and pre-order bonus!!!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I am not usually one to pre-order. But I like the greek states. Decisions...

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I feel like an idiot but I have Rome: Total War and have never played it yet. I guess it's worth the $9.99 I payed for it, then or should I just shut the fuck up and play the damn thing.

billbobaggins87

Jan 9, 2012
I feel like an idiot but I have Rome: Total War and have never played it yet. I guess it's worth the $9.99 I payed for it, then or should I just shut the fuck up and play the damn thing.

yup play it.. awesome game. totally worth it.. just reading this makes me wish i still had my copy

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I feel uneasy about preordering RTW2. CA hasnt been making qaulity games (in my eyes) lately. I admit I'am nit picky with them however. They tend to keep making the same fundemental mistakes with their games. Which pisses me off to no end.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Packs? I know Shogun had a few but if they gettin started this early I guess they are giving into the DLC-super-heavy fad, but hey Rome 2 - it will be worth it.

That said, I JUST downloaded Rome Total Realism for the first time ever last night, lol.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I feel uneasy about preordering RTW2. CA hasnt been making qaulity games (in my eyes) lately. I admit I'am nit picky with them however. They tend to keep making the same fundemental mistakes with their games. Which pisses me off to no end.

My butthole still twitches painfully when it remembers Empire. :/

Think I'll wait until Rome 2 ships and is up for a week or so before jumping.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
I think they're better at coding melee type AI. I love the time period so I'll risk it and pre-order.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I am quite excited and hyped as well, can't wait.

I just hope that Jeff van Dyck is back for the game's soundtrack, but I doubt that would be the case. All I know for sure right now is that TW: Rome 2 is not listed on his web-site as being one of the games he was involved in which has me worried. That's because Rome: TW's soundtrack was (still is) just as epic as the game itself and since Jeff was involved in other Total War game's sounds (such as being the Audio Director) I think that he understands what type of sounds (and soundtrack) is needed for them. For the original Rome: TW even his own wife did vocals for the "Forever" track, and she wrote the lyrics for "Divinitus". It appears that Jeff did compose the music for TW: Rome 2's trailer though ("Faces of Rome") but beyond that nothing is clear so far, so I'm crossing my fingers that he's back for the game itself too.

But I'm excited nonetheless.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
My number 1 most anticipated game right now (though Torment and Project Eternity come close). Pre-order for me, as well as a new PC purchase late August just so I can play it with high details.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Yea, I'm might end up being a sucker for pre-ordering, but I probably will... If I pre-ordered empire, I imagine I'd be more cautious.

boxleitnerb

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2011
I usually buy in keyshops after release, but this time I pre-ordered. Anyone got a time machine???

TheNewGuy

Feb 16, 2001
I wonder if it has coop like Shogun does...I checked steam, but it just mentioned multiplayer, and not coop...

Dave

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Hmmm. Not that I'm not excited, but I got burned buying Empire: Total Bugfest out of the starting gate, and there are bugs there that to this day are not fixed.

That said they largely redeemed themselves in my eyes with Shogun 2.

I don't think I'll pre-order, but if it clears the first week and is relatively bug free I'll snap it up and pay for the DLC.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
If not much more multithreaded than Shogun 2 was, I am not interested at any price, and no matter how good (or bad) it is.